Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch

okaive

I know it is in his contract, but man they are overplaying his time as a Heisman winner. I am happy for him and all, but the amount of times they showed his name on the wall and him holding the trophy was the most then I have ever seen with any other commentator.

• Fire 1

While I agree, there's two things I'd like to point out:

1) It is likely over with. It won't be talked about now that all games scheduled to be on the BTN network are in conference games (meaning they will have more to talk about [Nebraska vs. Southern Miss doesn't exactly brood heated topics]).

2) When the announcers mentioned the contract, I assumed they were joking. Is the pimping of Crouch actually part of the contract?

I think in their business, they have to promote themselves. He is looking for a bigger gig, and that is normal. I think he did a pretty fair job on reporting the game. Homer, yes of course, but gave credit to Wyoming and Southern Miss when deserved. I have not been a great fan of Eric, but I think he is doing a great job.

It was pretty funny when they put Crouch's stats up next to Paul Burmeister's yesterday. (They were joking around, obviously.) :lol:

btw, I like Crouch in the booth. He's doing pretty well considering he has very little announcing experience.

• Fire 1

Crouch is clearly still not comfortable on camera.

However he's still miles ahead of where he was last year; I remember watching his first ever broadcast and it was horrible. He seems to be growing into his own and will continue to be a better analyst. One thing he can work on is not talking so much! It's easy to comment on every play, harder to pick spots and let the game breathe, as they say.

I also like that when Crouch sells a big playground set in a small towns city park he shows up for the ribbon cutting ceremony and then after that he took the time and went to an eight-man football practice very cool for those kids for sure.

Pretty sure you're talking about my town.