Brett Hundley

NUance

Yes, you are right about Fauria, but don't you think that Jonathan Franklin was your worst matchup of 2012? Yes, Fauria hurt your team last year but I think it was Franklin that really did you guys in. He just had that very quick first step that enabled him to get up to speed very, very quickly.

The defense also spoted Franklin 2yds in some crazy idea that we needed to be two yards off the line of scrimmage. Fauria kept the defense honest & openned the game up for Franklin.

Yes, you are right about Fauria, but don't you think that Jonathan Franklin was your worst matchup of 2012? Yes, Fauria hurt your team last year but I think it was Franklin that really did you guys in. He just had that very quick first step that enabled him to get up to speed very, very quickly.

Franklin had the bigger impact yes, Fauria was an impossible match up though. Tough to replace either, impossible to replace both.

Fauria wouldn't have been such an impossible match-up if we put Stanley Jean-Baptiste on him instead of Jack Hoffman.

Hey! Justin Blatchford had a lot of heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a real coach on the field.

Wish we could say he was anything that resembled deceptively athletic.

Hundley is not really that fast. At least he does not looks that fast. It may be that he is so tall that he looks slower than he really is. He is definitely not as fast as Martinez is, IMHO.

What makes Hundley dangerous is that it seems this year he has a better idea of when to run and when to pitch the ball out of bounds.

I think he has deceptive speed. One of those long-striders that chews up a lot of turf.

Hundley is not really that fast. At least he does not looks that fast. It may be that he is so tall that he looks slower than he really is. He is definitely not as fast as Martinez is, IMHO.

What makes Hundley dangerous is that it seems this year he has a better idea of when to run and when to pitch the ball out of bounds.

I think he has deceptive speed. One of those long-striders that chews up a lot of turf.

Yep. Vince Young and Terrelle Pryor always looked like they were jogging.

King, I'd share your optimism if Hundley didn't shred us last year. (He did, right? Maybe it's just my memory)

He "only" ran for 50 yards against us. I don't see why everyone is afraid of him running. That is what I was trying to say in the comparison earlier. He won't hurt us too much with his feet. Hell, we almost beat UCLA @ UCLA playing one of our worst games of the year, with a pathetic defense, and them having Franklin and Fauria.

As far as whatever The Dude said afterwards, yeah he threw for a lot of yards, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think us being scared shitless of Franklin running the ball didn't contribute to that.

He will have to throw to beat us, and I like our matchups a whole helluva lot more this year than I did last year. Unless Devin Fuller became Marqise Lee and Shaq Evans became Paul Richardson, and Fauria somehow sneaks on the field, and Jordon James proves to be significantly better than I thought... Even then... SJB + our current linebackers are 100 times better in coverage than last year. Just don't let Jordon James look like Montee Ball. Hundley isn't that scary. Thats all.

King, I'd share your optimism if Hundley didn't shred us last year. (He did, right? Maybe it's just my memory)

He "only" ran for 50 yards against us. I don't see why everyone is afraid of him running. That is what I was trying to say in the comparison earlier. He won't hurt us too much with his feet. Hell, we almost beat UCLA @ UCLA playing one of our worst games of the year, with a pathetic defense, and them having Franklin and Fauria.

As far as whatever The Dude said afterwards, yeah he threw for a lot of yards, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think us being scared shitless of Franklin running the ball didn't contribute to that.

He will have to throw to beat us, and I like our matchups a whole helluva lot more this year than I did last year. Unless Devin Fuller became Marqise Lee and Shaq Evans became Paul Richardson, and Fauria somehow sneaks on the field, and Jordon James proves to be significantly better than I thought... Even then... SJB + our current linebackers are 100 times better in coverage than last year. Just don't let Jordon James look like Montee Ball. Hundley isn't that scary. Thats all.

Exactly... we lost all of our good players, added nobody that's any good, and all of our other players stayed exactly the same. You guys shouldn't worry about this game, it's in the bag ;)

Exactly... we lost all of our good players, added nobody that's any good, and all of our other players stayed exactly the same. You guys shouldn't worry about this game, it's in the bag ;)

Because that is exactly what I said, right?

Jordon James is as good or better than Jonathan Franklin? I don't even know who is replacing Fauria. Owa is out. We actually have scoutable tape on you guys now also. Also all k said in that post was that I like our one on one matcbups a lot more than I did last year. But as far as I'm concerned, this is Nebraska's to lose.

He also has plenty of talent around him as well. He might not be quite the runner Miller is, but he's a better passer. If we let them get any running game at all going early, this game could get out of hand. The list of QB's is interesting. One has won the Heisman, and before it's all said and done another one of them probably will. Too bad it won't be #7 on the list.

That's what I was seeing. The O-Line for UCLA held back the tide. However, I can just see Randy Gregory pancaking him if give the opportunity!

Jordon James is as good or better than Jonathan Franklin? I don't even know who is replacing Fauria. Owa is out. We actually have scoutable tape on you guys now also. Also all k said in that post was that I like our one on one matcbups a lot more than I did last year. But as far as I'm concerned, this is Nebraska's to lose.

Jordon James is definitely more talented than Franklin, but he doesn't have Franklin's vision or tackle-breaking ability, at least not yet. And you're right, we're not really "replacing" Fauria, but as far as I recall his height was only a factor on that bobbled TD pass, he only had about 40 yards or so. I would say Fuller is probably a bigger matchup problem than anyone we had last year. But I'll agree that the one-on-one matchups are probably a little less lopsided than last yearjust based on better athletes for Nebraska. But I still like our chances to score a lot of points based on what I saw of that Wyoming film. We just can't let T-Mart break another 90 yarder.

Jordon James is definitely more talented than Franklin, but he doesn't have Franklin's vision or tackle-breaking ability, at least not yet. And you're right, we're not really "replacing" Fauria, but as far as I recall his height was only a factor on that bobbled TD pass, he only had about 40 yards or so. I would say Fuller is probably a bigger matchup problem than anyone we had last year. But I'll agree that the one-on-one matchups are probably a little less lopsided than last yearjust based on better athletes for Nebraska. But I still like our chances to score a lot of points based on what I saw of that Wyoming film. We just can't let T-Mart break another 90 yarder.

Make sure Jim Mora Jr watches that tape and exclusively that tape and prepares his gameplan against exactly what we did in that game and nothing else. You'll be doing us a huge favor.

Jordon James is definitely more talented than Franklin, but he doesn't have Franklin's vision or tackle-breaking ability, at least not yet.

So let me get this straight, he is more talented than Franklin, but not better than him quite yet? Okay .

• Fire 1