Rumblings from Dallas about the Longhorns

Saban is already totally loaded. I don't see him leaving just to be more loaded. At his age he only has one more jump left in him, I think he'd take the big check and challenge of going to the NFL.

Tried and failed.

Pete Carroll would like a word with you...

Pete's first stint with the NFL wasn't nearly as successful as his current one.

As far Saban goes, you can't tell me his HC gig with the Dolphins was that great.

Saban is already totally loaded. I don't see him leaving just to be more loaded. At his age he only has one more jump left in him, I think he'd take the big check and challenge of going to the NFL.

Tried and failed.

Pete Carroll would like a word with you...

Pete's first stint with the NFL wasn't nearly as successful as his current one.

As far Saban goes, you can't tell me his HC gig with the Dolphins was that great.

That was his point. Just because Saban wasn't successful the first time doesn't mean he couldn't be the 2nd time

a billion dollars from trial work? good gawd. also, how terrible would it be for a whole program to be held hostage by one booster? and we get upset over some big-time, small-town banker.

and him threatening to sue? what a joke. way to be the worst caricature of an attorney, buddy.

Pennzoil v. Texaco. $335 million contingency fee. That's crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

If that happens then Mack will move to AD, pretty much what I expect. He will not be fired. They will make room for him to keep face with the boosters who absolutely love him. Good thing for Mack I think. I know most on here really dislike him, but I like him a lot. He is in the mold of Coach Osborne, coach Snyder and Bowden. I miss that type of coach and I think college football does to.

Early speculation this month about who could replace Dodds centered around Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby, but he has denied any interest in the job and said he expects to remain in his current role for "a very long time."

So he'd go from being the figurehead of the conference to the guy with the actual power? Makes sense.

ESPN Article

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...