I blame the offense more than the defense

We knew the defense would struggle, but they actually played well until the offense had 10 straight 3 and outs.

Our offense was suppose to carry this team, and they played 3 of the worst quarters i've seen in a long time.

We knew coming into the season our offense was going to have to score about 42 points a game.

Martinez is killing the offense by trying to be a pass first QB. Beck isn't helping with the play calls.

• Fire 2

We all knew the offense needed to stay on the field to keep their offense off of the field so what happened with our defense getting gased from being on the field the whole game wasn't completely surprising. The comeback was surprising, the no points by our "AWESOME" offense was surprising..........................Beck's play calling after we got up 21 points wasn't surprising, he does that consistently.

I have to agree. The defensive struggles were to be expected but the inept offense today for 3 quarters was key to why this team lost. And I agree with your comment on Martinez. Far too many times he could have scrambled for positive yards and didn't. There are times when we don't need Freshman Taylor and then there are times when we do. Today was a day when we needed him.

Beck seems to have a problem scheming to get our guys in space. Every reception is contested, every run has a guy in the runner's face every time.

Conversely, and very oddly, Bo's defense often has blown coverages, or gaping running lanes for opponent ball carriers.

Scouting for Bo is simple - look at what other teams do against our offense and do that against our opponents.

Same for Beck. Watch what our opponents do against our defense to get guys into space, and do that.

We knew the defense would struggle, but they actually played well until the offense had 10 straight 3 and outs.

Our offense was suppose to carry this team, and they played 3 of the worst quarters i've seen in a long time.

We knew coming into the season our offense was going to have to score about 42 points a game.

Martinez is killing the offense by trying to be a pass first QB. Beck isn't helping with the play calls.

This. This x infinity

I have to agree. The defensive struggles were to be expected but the inept offense today for 3 quarters was key to why this team lost. And I agree with your comment on Martinez. Far too many times he could have scrambled for positive yards and didn't. There are times when we don't need Freshman Taylor and then there are times when we do. Today was a day when we needed him.

Take the inept offense away and how well do you think our defense plays? I'd say UCLA doesn't sniff 24 points.

Not that at all. For God's sake, where does this concept come from?

The Offense has to worry about the Offense. They failed on seven straight possessions. That has NOTHING to do with the Defense.

The Defense gave up 38 unanswered points. That has NOTHING to do with the Offense.

We can say "The Defense is being screwed because the Offense isn't scoring" just as much as we can say "The Offense is losing morale because the Defense can't stop anyone."

• Fire 2

The Defense gave up 38 unanswered points. That has NOTHING to do with the Offense.

This is not true. Football is a game of field position......a great example of this is UCLA's opportunity to kick that field goal before halftime. Our offense consistently gave UCLA the ball at midfield and said good luck to the defense.