Hire Craig Bohl

mrandyk

Only change coaches when you can reasonably expect to get someone better. Right now, I'm not seeing it.

So we shall be patient. This season is still extremely young.

this about sums it all up.

what bo needs to do is get a real dc. i think that would go a long ways with fans.

That I would be okay with. DCs are generally easier to replace than HCs.

I don't think we can possibly get a proven head coach. NU just isn't a sought after gig, so I say do what Texas Tech did and give it to a former player.

Nah I'd rather see Bohl, Solich, or Gill before we go down that route. Bohl has won back to back titles with North Dakota State so he has been successful.

tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Besides Gill the other two have done way more than Bo.

I said this in another thread today. It is an interesting option. Knows the Nebraska program and is a proven winner as a head coach.

I have to say I like the idea of hiring Craig Bohl although I don't know a lot about the kind of offense he runs there, will have to do some more research.

Things I like:

- Proven head coach that can coach a team to championships

- Can get players to come play in North Dakota which is mind boggling, may be a good recruiter

- Beat Kansas State, the team that won the Big 12 last season

- Ex-Nebraska player, would never go off on the fans like Bo did

Concerns:

- Recently signed a long term deal with NDSU through 2020

The thing I don't like about Frost (and the only thing) is that he has not proven himself as a head coach.

But...

What if we brought in Craig Bohl as head coach and had Scott Frost as Offensive Coordinator?

We're down to looking at former fired coaches or former players because all of a sudden, we don't want Bo anymore.

This is madness, guys.

I love that the fans want to bring back guys they booed and fired.

Maybe we deserve to suck for being stupid.

people change. Solich certainly has. Bohl's been good HC at North Dakota State.

We're down to looking at former fired coaches or former players because all of a sudden, we don't want Bo anymore.

This is madness, guys.

I love that the fans want to bring back guys they booed and fired.

Maybe we deserve to suck for being stupid.

people change. Solich certainly has. Bohl's been good HC at North Dakota State.

Oh wow North Dakota State! I bet its just like coaching at a big division 1 school!

Solich is 300 years old and as for Bohl making the jump from a small school to a school like Nebraska is a bit of a stretch, I understand that he was a D-Coordinator at this level but if it comes to getting a new coach don't you think we should get as close to an upgrade as possible. Lets see if our coach even goes anywhere before we throw names out.

By all means hire a defensive coach. And one that was fired here once already. Oh and watch all our shiny offensive recruits follow our current staff out the door. Ndsu has a vanilla offense that works cause they play great D. We would become Iowa west.

If we need a coach you go to TO. You know watching Snyder last year had him thinking.

Wishing on a star but a good wish it is.