Latest from Tommie

np_husker

we are no closer to titles now than we have been in the last decade. We are still nationally irrelevant because of our poor leadership aka Pelini. The play calling in the 2nd half was a not lose mentality. How do you expect your players to respond when you stop attacking? Oh well Bo won us a trophy of a whale a few years ago and "order was restored" Nebraska is back! Instead we are the laughing stock of the blue bloods because we get curb stomped against good teams...not great teams, good teams.

• Fire 1

Tommie just says what almost all the fan base is thinking, he is just a more important member of the Husker family. I agree with everything he has said.

So you think we should fire the entire defensive coaching staff?

I think so. Joseph would be a great guy to keep around, but if keeping him in any way deters a quality DC from coming who wants to bring in some of his guys....then sorry Terry. He's a part of the defensive staff, he shares the blame. JP is as good as gone, getting a new DC alone will not help...you've got to let that DC bring in some new staff as well I think.

So, who would you pic as a DC? Will Bo allow an experienced guy come in and run the D wt his style and strategy or will he still want to micro manage as he does wt JP?

Other question, will changing the DC just be window dressing if the real problem is at the top?

we are no closer to titles now than we have been in the last decade. We are still nationally irrelevant because of our poor leadership aka Pelini. The play calling in the 2nd half was a not lose mentality. How do you expect your players to respond when you stop attacking? Oh well Bo won us a trophy of a whale a few years ago and "order was restored" Nebraska is back! Instead we are the laughing stock of the blue bloods because we get curb stomped against good teams...not great teams, good teams.

is usc or texas laughing at us? seriously. it is harder to win today than ever.

Tommie just says what almost all the fan base is thinking, he is just a more important member of the Husker family. I agree with everything he has said.

seriously.gif

Did you see the game, RR? Should any coach on the defensive staff feel safe? I don't think so.

USC and Texas will have the cajones to can their coaches this season and pay big boy money to try to be relevant. The longer we wait the farther we will slide. Moving to the B1G saved Bo Pelini and cursed NU. Bo would have been completely picked apart the last three seasons in the Big XII. We moved to a weaker, wealthier conference at just the right time for Bo.

USC and Texas will have the cajones to can their coaches this season and pay big boy money to try to be relevant. The longer we wait the farther we will slide. Moving to the B1G saved Bo Pelini and cursed NU. Bo would have been completely picked apart the last three seasons in the Big XII. We moved to a weaker, wealthier conference at just the right time for Bo.

i disagree. we will be able to get the same caliber of coaches now as we will in a few years. as long as we are willing to keep up the facilities and open the pocketbook.

I think so. Joseph would be a great guy to keep around, but if keeping him in any way deters a quality DC from coming who wants to bring in some of his guys....then sorry Terry. He's a part of the defensive staff, he shares the blame. JP is as good as gone, getting a new DC alone will not help...you've got to let that DC bring in some new staff as well I think.

So, who would you pic as a DC? Will Bo allow an experienced guy come in and run the D wt his style and strategy or will he still want to micro manage as he does wt JP?

Other question, will changing the DC just be window dressing if the real problem is at the top?

Obviously it's not my job and I don't have the connection or the ability to search candidates like the AD does...but off the top of my head - Randy Shannon, Ron Zook or Tim Beckman. We'll see how Illinois's season turns out before the last one becomes a real possibility but he's on the hot seat that's for sure. Not sure how practical the other two are....but I bet Shannon would rather make 600k at NU as a coordinator than 315k as a DB coach. Heck, I'll even throw out Randy Edsall as a posiblity...he's all but out at Maryland. I'm sure there's about 20 other names that could come up as well....but all these are solid recruiters, with the ability to lead a team. Which is what Bo needs in in DC role if a change is made...someone he can trust and who can challenge him...because Bo is going to need to take a step back from it. If he doesn't, that will be his undoing.

As for the change being enough, I'm not convinced the problem is at the top yet. I don't dislike Bo, but I dislike his handling of the team from a HC perspective. He won't get a ton of support from me, but I think he if had someone in the DC role that was proven, that would allow him to step back and evaluate things more strategically rather than worry about the details the problems that are currently at the top might fix themselves.

Assuming that changing the DC makes the difference, I might be willing to give Tosh Lupoi a shot. I know he would be a first time DC but the recruiting chops couldn't hurt either.

Otherwise, I am looking to the NFL for a LB or secondary coach.

Whoever it is, in the DC role...they have to have experience in that role or the first sign of weakness Bo will just jump back in. Thats the problem with the better part of this staff...they're all young and learning. So when face with a little adversity they don't know how to react, what changes to make, etc. They just continue to do their thing because it's all they know. Whoever comes into the coordinator job, has to be experienced, no more experiments.

Whoever it is, in the DC role...they have to have experience in that role or the first sign of weakness Bo will just jump back in. Thats the problem with the better part of this staff...they're all young and learning. So when face with a little adversity they don't know how to react, what changes to make, etc. They just continue to do their thing because it's all they know. Whoever comes into the coordinator job, has to be experienced, no more experiments.

Bo can't afford another yes man...he needs a real DC, who will run his own show...and Bo knows it too!

I just wonder if he will have the balls to fire that many coaches!

I lost all respect I had for Tommie when he tweeted what he did. This university gave him what he has today, and he thinks he can tweet calling for peoples jobs? Sorry but thats just plain disrespectful to the university and most of all the fans, his comments are no better than anyones at this point.