Pelini on Tommie Frazier "We don't need him"

True2tRA

Tommie was on Twitter and then on his show trying to be controversial and drum up some listeners.

What is Bo supposed to say?

I have no problem with how Bo handled it.

This has nothing to do with the "entire former player fraternity" unless they are also on their radio shows and Twitter undermining the team and lobbing grenades at our current coach.

A suggestion for what Bo could have said. --- something along theses lines. "Hey i appreciate Tommy Frazier and all he has meant to NU football and I know that he is speaking out with a great deal of passion wanting our football team to succeed. So I appreciate his devotion to all things Husker. And I agree with him at least in this --- I too want to see this team improve and will do all I can toward that end. What i love about NU football is the passion our fans --- including ex-players who are now fans."

and leave it at that.

• Fire 3

Tommie was on Twitter and then on his show trying to be controversial and drum up some listeners.

This has nothing to do with the "entire former player fraternity" unless they are also on their radio shows and Twitter undermining the team and lobbing grenades at our current coach.

A suggestion for what Bo could have said. --- something along theses lines. "Hey i appreciate Tommy Frazier and all he has meant to NU football and I know that he is speaking out with a great deal of passion wanting our football team to succeed. So I appreciate his devotion to all things Husker. And I agree with him at least in this --- I too want to see this team improve and will do all I can toward that end. What i love about NU football is the passion our fans --- including ex-players who are now fans."

and leave it at that.

This Bo Pelini.... Not Dr. Phil....

No way in hell Bo ever says anything like that....

You really think that what Bo said is what a head football coach at the University of Nebraska should say? This is something a middle school girl says when she hears one of her friends doesn't think she is very pretty. Bo simply needed to say something like "I respect what Tommie has done for this football program however I obviously have to disagree with him" something simple and sweet. Instead he goes off on some tangent about throwing stones yada yada yada and we don't need him.

Sorry but that is not how Bo should have reacted. Now he just poured gasoline on the dumpster fire he started.

• Fire 1

and leave it at that.

This Bo Pelini.... Not Dr. Phil....

No way in hell Bo ever says anything like that....

I agree that he would never say that. But... that is what he should have said (or something along those lines or what Hedley suggested)... a diplomatic answer would have diffused that situation.

Hedley is correct. Bo's answer was rather immature.

You really think that what Bo said is what a head football coach at the University of Nebraska should say? This is something a middle school girl says when she hears one of her friends doesn't think she is very pretty. Bo simply needed to say something like "I respect what Tommie has done for this football program however I obviously have to disagree with him" something simple and sweet. Instead he goes off on some tangent about throwing stones yada yada yada and we don't need him.

Sorry but that is not how Bo should have reacted. Now he just poured gasoline on the dumpster fire he started.

Things middle school girls do: Take to Twitter bitch and rant about their feelings (see: Tommie Fraizer)....

Bo had every right to defend his coaching staff....

I have no problems with what Bo said. I respect Tommie Frazier tremendously, and I think we all can agree that constructive criticism of Bo is fair. But Tommie's tweet wasn't fair criticism, that was lashing out in frustration. Tommie's follow up tweet would have been a better one to start with: That Bo needs to talk to another coach and get some tips. That's a fair statement. I agree.

But Tommie definitely shouldn't call for the firing of a whole staff like that, even if it is justifiable. For such creates instability. It's one thing for one of the regular media hacks to call Bo out on something, but when a former legend says something, people take notice. We don't need instability, right now, we need cohesion and purpose.

Could Bo have maybe approached it more diplomatically? Sure. But in the end, Bo's statement was true.

Interesting, huskerpedia is going ballistic about this and over here it is not nearly as big a deal. Personally I think TF was a great player, but I think he is kind of a D%ck of a person. Bo probably shouldn't have phased it like that, but TF could have chose his words more carefully. He sounds like some hot head on a message board.

Interesting, huskerpedia is going ballistic about this and over here it is not nearly as big a deal. Personally I think TF was a great player, but I think he is kind of a D%ck of a person. Bo probably shouldn't have phased it like that, but TF could have chose his words more carefully. He sounds like some hot head on a message board.

Pshhhhaw. Those guys are dorks. :lol:

• Fire 1

Pshhhhaw. Those guys are dorks. :lol:

This post slayed me for some reason, still laughing about it.

+1

Tommie the player? AWESOME!! Tommie the coach? Mediocre. Tommie the fan? Irrelevant.

Battin' .333. Wouldn't be bad for the MLB. :thumbs:

THIS

When did Tommy's opinion become any more relevant/respectable then anybody else. The fact that they asked Bo about it at the presser makes no sense to me. This whole situation is becoming one hell of a dumpster fire.

I have no problems with what Bo said. I respect Tommie Frazier tremendously, and I think we all can agree that constructive criticism of Bo is fair. But Tommie's tweet wasn't fair criticism, that was lashing out in frustration. Tommie's follow up tweet would have been a better one to start with: That Bo needs to talk to another coach and get some tips. That's a fair statement. I agree.

But Tommie definitely shouldn't call for the firing of a whole staff like that, even if it is justifiable. For such creates instability. It's one thing for one of the regular media hacks to call Bo out on something, but when a former legend says something, people take notice. We don't need instability, right now, we need cohesion and purpose.

Could Bo have maybe approached it more diplomatically? Sure. But in the end, Bo's statement was true.

Agreed. Tommy should recognize that his views carry weight and are heard well beyond that of a typical fan (like any of us). As a legacy star, it would have been nice for Tommy to have measured what he said before he said it and consider what the implications would be. People like us --- posting here --- are liking clanging gongs... we make noise and it dissipates into nothingness without impact. But Tommy --- with a formal forum to provide views that is rather high-profile (at least in Husker nation) and as a person of stature in NU history has to be more politically correct.

Knapp earlier said that both Tommy and Bo made mistakes in that interchange. Agreed.

• Fire 1