University releases statement

Saunders

I wonder how Bob Devaney would have handled this if he were still around. I have a feeling he and Bo would have been chums.

The BobFather would not have been recorded in the first place. And even if he had, the media types would protect Devaney. Because of the many times he drank them under the table, then drove them home and tucked them into their beds. He was a god among Irishmen.

Bob would have been the perfect mentor for Bo when it came to working with the media.

Now if we can just get the real idiot Husker fans with the agenda to fire Bo to have some sanity ... maybe we can still build this program this season instead of try to destroy it.

Well I am at least among the idiot fans that think BP should be accountable for his on field performance and not too thrilled with that area.

This idea though that someone posting about wanting Bo gone on an Internet message board is destroying the program. Really?!?

I have said all along Bo is his own worst enemy, and the "anti-Bo" crowd from what I have seen almost universally wants him to succeed. They are just calling it like they see it, this guy has not wowed anyone since being hired. Couple that with being a big-time you know what, and patience wears thin more quickly.

At least here we were dredging up a problem that appears mostly corrected, though sometimes you just can't change who you are (we'll see).

What you say is true...

But what you say is as well quite documented and need not be stressed over and over again. Those who say that all the Bo stuff should be set aside now that focus should be oon the team and each game as those games come up are also correct.

Lets talk football... everything to be said of Bo has been said.

So... maybe I should know this, but if TMart cannot start (or play much) is there any indication as to whether Kellogg or Armstrong gets the call? I hope firstly that TMart is OK. Secondly, if he is he should play sparingly and one of (or both) of the back-ups play a great deal. I hope we see a little of each backup.

The outcome of this game, I'd think, will not change no matter who is at QB. NU wins. So make it a scrimmage and let us see both guys (or, if but one, I want Armstrong... he is the future).

Who leaked the tape? Me thinks his name starts with "D" and rhymes with jerk.

No. Not even remotely.

Dirk is many things, but a liar and a sneak? I'd never buy that. While people can have their differences with him, this is something I hope gains zero traction. Dirk, and any reporter either in print or TV, has way too much to lose by releasing the tape this way.

No. Not even remotely.

Dirk is many things, but a liar and a sneak? I'd never buy that. While people can have their differences with him, this is something I hope gains zero traction. Dirk, and any reporter either in print or TV, has way too much to lose by releasing the tape this way.

Who are the guys mentioned in CN Red's status--Lane Grendel and Jeff Culhane? Is that just random speculation?

I wonder how Bob Devaney would have handled this if he were still around. I have a feeling he and Bo would have been chums.

The BobFather would not have been recorded in the first place. And even if he had, the media types would protect Devaney. Because of the many times he drank them under the table, then drove them home and tucked them into their beds. He was a god among Irishmen.

I meant more as if Bob were still AD, not coach.

I think this is a good statement by the University. It attempts to move on and hopefully gives the program and the fans a chance to have the best season they can. Decisions will be made (as they should) after the season unfolds. We still have a chance to have a very good year.

All that said, something struck me when reading this.

What are the chances that Bo somehow was being blackmailed by whomever had this? If there was a disgruntled fan/media person/employee that wanted Bo gone and they had this recording, they very well could have threatened Bo with releasing it if he didn't do XYZ. That may very well be how Bo knows who released it.

Absolutely pure speculation but it is possible.

• Fire 1

No. Not even remotely.

Who are the guys mentioned in CN Red's status--Lane Grendel and Jeff Culhane? Is that just random speculation?

Well, Culhane "left" for West Virginia not too long ago....

:sarcasm

Same answer. He'd just be drinking with higher level media types.

• Fire 1

Same answer. He'd just be drinking with higher level media types.

Haha. I shoudl have expected that response.