Olbermann: Bo Pelini's Satyricornhuskers

That was about 5 minutes of material in a 12 minute segment.

He's got a point insofar as Bo and everyone else just needs to drop it. It's foolish to look for the identity of the leaker. ESPN headline: "Angry and Confused Husker Horde Hunts Down Person Who Leaked Tape of Bo Pelini Telling Said Horde to F*#k Off."

• Fire 2

I agree and hear what you are saying. But there is a major group of Pelini backers that want to say "A-ha see? It was a scandal - Bo did nothing wrong! It's a scandal! Free Bo!" So yeah, fools.

People are legitimately upset that someone trotted out that tape. I don't care how it affects Bo Pelini as a distinct matter. He can kiss my f*&$ing ass on the way out the f*&$ing door as far as I'm concerned. But it has done serious harm to the program. So, yeah, I'm pissed off at the leaker, too.

So we find out who released it. What then? Will people harass him? Send letters to his employer? That would look pretty darn bad and keep the story in the news indefinitely. "Husker Don'ts" would become a regular Deadspin feature. Just drop it.

• Fire 2

Bo is the victim here. He thought he was speaking in private. Yes, he might have used bad judgement in that nowadays this is no such thing as privacy, but whoever released the tape is the villain, as far as I am concerned.

Bottom line: Better judgement by Pelini, this incident does not exist. Don't blame the messenger.

• Fire 2

I agree and hear what you are saying. But there is a major group of Pelini backers that want to say "A-ha see? It was a scandal - Bo did nothing wrong! It's a scandal! Free Bo!" So yeah, fools.

People are legitimately upset that someone trotted out that tape. I don't care how it affects Bo Pelini as a distinct matter. He can kiss my f*&$ing ass on the way out the f*&$ing door as far as I'm concerned. But it has done serious harm to the program. So, yeah, I'm pissed off at the leaker, too.

So we find out who released it. What then? Will people harass him? Send letters to his employer? That would look pretty darn bad and keep the story in the news indefinitely. "Husker Don'ts" would become a regular Deadspin feature. Just drop it.

That's the important distinction - WE don't need to know who the tipster is, and I hope for that person's sake WE never do.

But for the damage they've done to the program going forward, I would certainly hope that the University finds and punishes this person.

Bo is the victim here. He thought he was speaking in private. Yes, he might have used bad judgement in that nowadays this is no such thing as privacy, but whoever released the tape is the villain, as far as I am concerned.

The "weasel tipster" is a cowardly douchebag, no doubt. But come on, Bo is no victim. He made the statements on his own, in a setting where he certainly should have known better. Bo took ownership of it, faced the music, and has survived another day, so now we can all move on. But to think he was a victim is just silly.

I've never cared for the paparazzi or anyone who makes a living catching people at their worst. I don't know if it was someone who just happened to be close and had a cell phone open or if he was a tech person who was working there. In todays society public figures seem to be fair game. It's unfortunate because 99% of us have said something that is not meant for public ears to hear. If the University discovers the culprit is employed by them, I'm sure he won't be for long. I hope his 15 minutes of vengence was worth it because it may have just cost him his job and perhaps a career.

On another note, I found it interesting that Bo has been rather mild mannered this year and now we know why. I sincerely hope Bo has learned to keep his emotions in check. It's a quality that the states most public figure needs to acquire.

Yeah, well he's changed in most of the ways his haters said he never would. A fact they often like to ignore. The real issues right now are on the field, as they actually always have been. If he makes the changes pretty much everyone feels he needs to make (read that as the only people that actually matter being the boosters), he's fine. If not, they'll be looking to replace him.

The "weasel tipster" is a cowardly douchebag, no doubt. But come on, Bo is no victim. He made the statements on his own, in a setting where he certainly should have known better. Bo took ownership of it, faced the music, and has survived another day, so now we can all move on. But to think he was a victim is just silly.

This. Bo is a grown-a** man who needs to demonstrate better judgment and self-control. Hopefully he's learned a lesson from all of this. But he's no victim here.