Just wasn't sure where to put this (re: Bo's desire to be here)

Landlord

That is a valid point. For you to be good at selling you have to believe in your product, know everything about it know or have an idea of its future.

But it seems he is getting more talent, doing a better job. And the kids seem to love him. Honesty has been displayed to them.

He wins out, this will all go away.

no blow outs and he can even lose a couple more close ones and he can stay.....anything less and the tape talk will be reignited.

• Fire 1

Definitely agree with this, and recent reactions from some former players makes me wonder how they truly feel about the fans that fill that stadium every week. Seems like there's some "taking for granted" going on - probably on both sides of that scenario.

How much of this is a reflection of Bo's attitude while they were in the program.

You really have to wonder, and astute observers were wondering that before Monday's revelation.

No I don't think so. I think he had no idea of what was required on that front. He had been at Oklahoma and LSU, both recruiting juggernauts.

I think he has learned it is a full time job, that makes or breaks his efforts.

Just too inexperienced to know what he was getting into on many sides. But I think he is learning.

• Fire 1

That is a valid point. For you to be good at selling you have to believe in your product, know everything about it know or have an idea of its future.

But it seems he is getting more talent, doing a better job. And the kids seem to love him. Honesty has been displayed to them.

He wins out, this will all go away.

There has been much said about him not bringing in experienced assistants. Has he tried but they see through him not liking it here so he has to go to someone who needs a major step up? I know there are exceptions to this but there have been some head scratchers too.

Definitely agree with this, and recent reactions from some former players makes me wonder how they truly feel about the fans that fill that stadium every week. Seems like there's some "taking for granted" going on - probably on both sides of that scenario.

How much of this is a reflection of Bo's attitude while they were in the program.

You really have to wonder, and astute observers were wondering that before Monday's revelation.

This is entirely possible.

But that also goes to the argument about "fair weather fans" (for lack of a better term). I think it's easier to kind of wave off the fan's booing that night because we have two more years of history to look at - and two more years of frustration to build up. That night against Ohio St. was after exactly one real "meltdown", the week before at Wiscy. There were disappointments before that but we had just come of two years of great defense and two near conference championships. We hadn't played great up to that point that year but we had won each game handily enough before Wiscy. Then we played two bad halves (and change) and all the sudden the team is getting booed off the field? At halftime?

And yes, the quality of play hasn't seemed to get better in the last two years, and I'm not excusing anyone - coaches or players for that. But, to me, the quality of fan has also gone down. I know tickets aren't free but simply showing up until things get bad doesn't make you a great fan. It was a lot easier to be supportive back in the day. Both because we were very good - and more steady - and the overall competition was fairly bad. The main test was Oklahoma - and later Colorado - the last regular season game of the year and it was only at home every other year. Obviously none of the 12 bowl games Osborne lost in a 16 year span - including four in a row by 20+ points - were at home and there was always the "next year" to look forward to at that point.

Perhaps I'm more sensitive because I know what it's like to pour hours and hours into coaching a team as best you can and you don't seem to get any results. And it's all the worse to get mocked by "fans" - including some I would consider friends and parents of players - who are always blaming the coaches and not little Johnny's three interceptions and six missed tackles. I can see where it's pretty easy to get callous and start to ignore whatever you can - good or bad.

Who's going to touch Bo though? HIs defense is crap and only decent if playing average or below average teams. If I was an AD and knew that Bo was calling the shots on D I would think he is slipping.

If this were phrased differently, I would agree with it. Pelini's defense is not crap. Talent wins. Our other hero Charlie McBride took quite a bit of criticism himself.....and I'll tell you what helped that criticism go away.....how about a defensive line that saw all four positions end up in the NFL (both Peter bros, Wistrom, Tomich).

Who's going to touch Bo though? HIs defense is crap and only decent if playing average or below average teams. If I was an AD and knew that Bo was calling the shots on D I would think he is slipping.

If this were phrased differently, I would agree with it. Pelini's defense is not crap. Talent wins. Our other hero Charlie McBride took quite a bit of criticism himself.....and I'll tell you what helped that criticism go away.....how about a defensive line that saw all four positions end up in the NFL (both Peter bros, Wistrom, Tomich).

:yeah

I seem to recall some complaining about a system only working when it has elite talent???

The reason I care is that if Bo's truly wanting out of here, but stays only because he doesn't have anywhere else to go, that hurts this program. Unless he's made of sterner stuff than most people, if he's at a job he doesn't like he's probably not giving it his best effort.

I have no doubt Bo loves the kids in his program, and would do anything for them. That's admirable, and commendable.

What I have to doubt, based on comments (before this tape surfaced), demeanor, behavior and the product on the field, is whether Bo is invested in this program. Or the fans. A coach can run a great ship and still not have buy-in to the institution and fans. I think it's in Bo's nature to run a program the way he's running Nebraska, and that's great. But he clearly doesn't invest personally into the fan base, and when he's demanding that we do that with his program,

It's a two-way street, and I don't believe Bo is seeing it that way. I don't think some of the players see it that way either, judging by comments made by former players in the past few days. There's a disconnect here that I don't know if all sides are seeing.

I assume you are referring to former players who played for one of our coaches before Pelini. Part of what I took from Osborne's statement is he was convinced by his weekly meetings with Pelini over the course of time that Pelini wants to be here. And obviously Osborne heard every single word on the recording.

Why does it matter whether he wants to be here or not? What possible difference does that make.

How well has he performed? The coaching issues (lack of team focus, lack of team intensity, lack of team fundamentals, lack of in-game adjustments, lack of half-time adjustments, the confused D w/ assignment problems, etc.) the hiring issues (hiring inexperienced assistants), the graduation rates that are going in the wrong direction, the PR/character issues (albeit largely earlier rather than later) --- these are the issues.

And for those who throw that 'hater" moniker upon anyone who deems Bo's performance as unacceptable is just being naive --- hate has nothing to do with it (or need not have anything to do with it). It is not personal at all... it is just detached assessment of performance. His performance has been, and is currently, unacceptable and he should be replaced at seasons end --- irrespective of whether Bo likes it here or not, likes the fans or not, wants to leave but can't... pursued past jobs or not.

Tom Osborne was Pelini's boss until this year. And in Osborne's statement, he clearly addressed Pelini's successes both on the field and off......so I guess we are fortunate that Osborne would apparently not agree with your assessment.

All of this is still like a slow death to me. I'm tired of being that 4 L team every year with the feeling we'll never get over the hump. If Bo does not like it hear, I wish he would man up, leave and allow NU to find the right guy to get us back into the national discussion. With the performance so far this year, I don't have any more high expectations - BCS bowl, CCG, etc. This program needs a breath of fresh air.

MIght as well let NU try to see if head coach #4 since Osborne can get it done, right? Nothing like a coaching carousel to get you where you need to go.

Texas has over 1 billion dollars in willed donations to the University. No one even comes close. Mac Daddy is responsible for it they claim, as for the comment, Mac will leave when he is ready.

10 million a year has been linked to Saben supposedly. They claim they would pay it. I have no idea if it is true on nor, but if Texas decided to go get Saben, they would have him on the financial side of it for sure.