**** What Did We Learn ****

walksalone

First off I just want to say I realize it was SDSU we played. Our offense seemed so much more consistent and in sync with TA in at QB. He truly kept the defense on their toes. He can run it consistently for 5 yards something Martinez has a hard time doing, seems like he either gets a huge gain or a loss by trying to get a huge gain. TA also has a cannon and is accurate especially on the deep ball to Bell who dropped in the end zone. I was at the game and it was a near perfect pass. How many three-and-outs did we have? I just want to see consistency with our offense. Have a chance to score every drive unlike our O so far this year too much quick drives resulting in punts. Also need to get Alonzo Moore in there more (no pun intended) dude is quick and make people miss without losing a step.

Another thing I noticed is that we are missing one play making safety. Which could be CJax but he doesn't know the plays which could be a liability. D will be fine if we blitz or show different coverages to confuse the offense, and change up safety play. Need to stop playing 2 safeties over the top or at least hide it better.

TM's time is gone time to embrace TA. Offense runs better. that's the only criteria.

Let's not forget that was a FCS defense.

That said, it was nice to see a ball thrown with good form instead of shot putted.

Huh? I was impressed with both back ups as well, but you obviously didn't see the same passes I did. RKIII was tossing up some serious archers. For the most part they went where they needed to go, but idk about "good form". O well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Watch how much different Taylor looks compared to Tommy. Seriously folks, this isn't even a debate.

Okay im officially creeped out. You have 67 posts and probably 65 of them have to do with TM. Im starting to think you have a TM fetish...

Counting all my post topics? I'm starting to think you have an RP fetish! ;)

Great read on the other Husker board. Guy named "short side option" does a great job breaking down our defensive woes. It is purely scheme. Once he breaks down the game film it is sad to see how easy it is to beat/gash our D. Even more disturbing our 3mill coach and staff can't see it.............or won't see it.

Really? Maybe he should go and be a coach--if he knows how terrible our scheme is. Please.

Every offense diagrams to expose an opposing defense's weaknesses. Call me crazy, but I don't think Pelini's scheme's objective is to trot 9 guys on the field and watch the offense gouge holes between the tackles. The scheme may not fit the personnel, and that can and has been argued. However most of what goes into preparation in scouting has to do with match ups: which ones are you in a position to exploit, and which ones do you want to stay away from? The idea that his, or any defensive coache's philosophy is fundamentally flawed schematically is ridiculous IMO. What I see is a team that misses tackles, can't get off blocks, and loses Rbs and TE in coverage. Tough to make worthwhile adjustments when your players don't do fundamental things consistently and correctly. All that being said...lack of fundamentals still comes back to the coaching.

Watch how much different Taylor looks compared to Tommy. Seriously folks, this isn't even a debate.

Okay im officially creeped out. You have 67 posts and probably 65 of them have to do with TM. Im starting to think you have a TM fetish...

I dont have to count your post topics to know every one of your posts is talking about how bad TM is. Its getting old dude, we get it, you think he sucks.

• Fire 4

It has consistently worked at least 9 out of 13 times per season......even with poor talent the past couple of seasons.

Nope. False logic. Just because the defense was on the side that won, doesn't mean that what it did do actually worked.

Suppose a kicker missed six 15 yard field goals, but his team won 6-2 (he also missed an extra point). Would you come back and tell us that the field goal kicker played well enough for his team to win because he was on the winning team?

I believe some of those games we won IN SPITE OF what the defense did, not BECAUSE of it.

I believe football is a team game.......and if a kicker missed 6 field goals that coach will probably go for it on 4th down if field position dictates.

Well while we're at it let's assume that the offense turned the ball over inside the 20 yard line twice and 14 of the opponents points came because of that. When you're playing the what if game you can twist it any way you want.

I dont have to count your post topics to know every one of your posts is talking about how bad TM is. Its getting old dude, we get it, you think he sucks.

the last 4 years have proven, he is a Jekyll/Hyde phenom.......he just is.

Haven't posted on here for a while, but here are my takeaways from the game:

1.) Defensive line should be: Gregory, Valentine, Collins, and Moss.

2.) Big 10 play is going to be scary if the defense doesn't figure out how to stop the run.

3.) There's a huge difference between an athlete pretending to play QB, and an actual QB playing the position. Sure this was South Dakota State and their defense isn't good, but you can see important differences just watching Armstrong and Kellogg. Pocket presence, specifically stepping up in the pocket (rather than trying to run backwards and around the DEs), understanding when to tuck it and run, delivery, looking off defenders, actually reading the defense for zone reads. It doesn't matter who the opponent is, it is evident that both of the QBs that played on Saturday are way ahead of Martinez in these aspects......a four year starter.

4.) I think Cross has caught up to Ameer and deserves more playing time. I will be the first to admit I have never been a huge Cross fan, but he has gotten faster and seems to be having a better year so far than Ameer. Whatever the case, RB looks to be great for years to come.

5.) Rodriguez should not be a tackle. This will become evident during Big 10 play.

6.) Moore is fast.

7.) Bye weeks suck.