Why the offense looked good (your opinion)

Why the offense looked good  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Each answer is correct. Better play calling lead to narrowing the scope of what plays the offense plays. When you play the plays everyone knows, you're bound to have better execution because they have done it a thousand times. Chip Kelly said that they only have 4 running plays while at Oregon. It just leads to better execution because your allowing the players to have more confidence in what they are doing. When that happens, and everyone executes better, your QB play is by far better. It also helps that you do this against an FCS defense. All of this happens. Let's be honest, Taylor would have looked amazing too.

Although, I have to admit, Tommy looked great! So did RKIII. Thank the whole offense, and the OC for playing plays those kids have ran through a thousand times before thanking Tommy (even though he looked great). Also, thank SDSU for having a not so good defense.

You have to remember our offense practices against our defense. Our defense, that is actually close to the being the worst in Div. 1. The same defense that'd can't stop anyone's running attack. The same on that allowed an FCS RB rush for 200+ yards.

It is no wonder that the coaches think that Taylor is better. I would hate to see how he eats up our own run defense at practice!

This. Our defense is not a good gage to test our offensive prowess. Defensively, we currently rate, IIRC 105 or 109. That sucks no matter how you try and spin it. I am sure that anyone on O looks pretty stellar against them. I really think this is what throws our staff for a loop. They see our O (or D) being successful and think it translates to game time. Going against Martinez probably gives them a false sense of security as he is not really mobile, makes mistakes and runs as soon as pressure appears. In the open field, he is easy to tackle as he has no shake or bake.

They want to start Martinez, great. The staff will do what they want. BUT to improve our D, let them go against TA evert day. he has accuracy, pocket presence and can actually run like a dual threat QB. I would almost guarantee an improvement if the staff did this. Go against a real dual threat QB.

I love Taylor, his leadership, his heart, and his work ethic, but I think over the past four years, so many people have made his throwing mechanics to be his weakness. Because of this, I feel like he always has to over think the throws, force them into the receivers, etc. I think TAjr. and RKIII both have smoother and more natural throwing mechanics, forcing the opposition to respect them as true dual threat QBs.

Better qb. I said it. I jumped. It's just obvious to me after watching the game a few times. it's not about points or yards, but rather everything looked so crisp and sharp. Shots down the field. Using the receivers we have. Everything was gelling. The other 10 guys responded to Tommy being in the game. Not saying they dont play hard for Taylor or dislike him or whatever other cockamammy ideas the Taylor-haters wanna come up with, but sometimes there's a guy on that field who's presence just demands that little bit of extra. It was evident to me that Tommy got that extra kick out of the rest of the guys.

Better qb. I said it. I jumped. It's just obvious to me after watching the game a few times. it's not about points or yards, but rather everything looked so crisp and sharp. Shots down the field. Using the receivers we have. Everything was gelling. The other 10 guys responded to Tommy being in the game. Not saying they dont play hard for Taylor or dislike him or whatever other cockamammy ideas the Taylor-haters wanna come up with, but sometimes there's a guy on that field who's presence just demands that little bit of extra. It was evident to me that Tommy got that extra kick out of the rest of the guys.

You guys sure are into this stuff if you watch the games multiple times. Hats off to ya. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next game if Taylor is still sidelined.

You guys sure are into this stuff if you watch the games multiple times. Hats off to ya. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens next game if Taylor is still sidelined.

Well, I do so so I can make sure I dont miss something while making my way through the rollercoaster kneejerk reactions while the game is taking place live. Rewatching it a couple times always gives me that "it's not as bad as it seems, not as good as it seems" feeling. There's so many things that get posted after games on this board that I dont even acknowledge becuase theyre so far out of perspective. When you rewatch games, you see things you didnt see the first time. Gives you a nice perspective.

Well, I do so so I can make sure I dont miss something while making my way through the rollercoaster kneejerk reactions while the game is taking place live. Rewatching it a couple times always gives me that "it's not as bad as it seems, not as good as it seems" feeling. There's so many things that get posted after games on this board that I dont even acknowledge becuase theyre so far out of perspective. When you rewatch games, you see things you didnt see the first time. Gives you a nice perspective.

Like Santo's jogging to a tackle on a 4 yard out in the 3rd. Someone else, I think Cooper had the guy...but he breaks the tackle and he's 15 yards downfield and Santos is out of the play because of the lack of effort. Saw this so many times. Just as many times as I saw 4-7 jackrabbit defenders in on a tackle. Gang tackling is something of the past. Solo tackes are the new thing at NU...everyone's on an island (or at least it often seems that way).

Like Santo's jogging to a tackle on a 4 yard out in the 3rd. Someone else, I think Cooper had the guy...but he breaks the tackle and he's 15 yards downfield and Santos is out of the play because of the lack of effort. Saw this so many times. Just as many times as I saw 4-7 jackrabbit defenders in on a tackle. Gang tackling is something of the past. Solo tackes are the new thing at NU...everyone's on an island (or at least it often seems that way).

That's not just a Nebraska thing though. Maybe a little moreso here, but overall, that's all across the sport of football. Offenses at all leves are not predicated on getting guys in space and forcing defenders to make plays one on one-the different between consistent 3-5 yards gains and 10-15 yard gains. A LOT of our problems defensively would be solved by just tackling the damn ball carrier and getting him to the ground. That is first and foremost the #1 issue right now. Proper tackling can cover up a lot of issues.

Lesser Opponent no doubt about it. Remember FCS team.

I followed SDSU football program for the last five years or so (born and raised in South Dakota). Jacks offense is pretty good but defense.....below average at best.

vs. Butler College: surrendered 272 yards (Butler= FCS cupcakes)

vs. North Dakota: surrendered 458 yards

vs. SE Louisiana: surrendered 506 yards