In Which Landlord Tries to do Man Stuff

So I recently moved into a new townhouse with a few other guys, and the place has a nice second living area in the basement. Now, I grew up with just my mom so all things cliche-midwestern-manly-man I'm pretty foreign to, such as cars, building things and hard manual labor :lol:

Anyways, I had an idea for our basement and after 3x the cost, five Home Depot trips, a lot of borrowed items and time and two nights later, I'm feeling pretty proud of accomplishing something I had virtually no clue about going in:

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mtjv3i6Zrh1qecwhjo2_1280.jpg

• Fire 6

Waiting for the invite.

tumblr_lckddwxAw51qbgxvl.gif

Y'all are invited to watch the Minnesota game at my place (fair warning: it's in standard def. Can't argue if it's free).

Nice!

thumbs-up-chuck_zps98f9539e.gif

Is that an Astro Van?

Indeed it is. I have a Grand Prix, and couldn't fit the plywood or the width beams in it, obviously, so I had a buddy help me out. Those beams literally touched the windshield while being just short enough to fit with the back doors closed.

Anyways, I had an idea for our basement and after 3x the cost, five Home Depot trips, a lot of borrowed items and time and two nights later, I'm feeling pretty proud of accomplishing something I had virtually no clue about going in:

Really good job, Landlord.

Regarding the bold. That's every home improvement project I've ever done. I tiled my entry way once and I probably made 10 trips to Home Depot in two days. Every time I'd move on to another step I'd realize I'd forgotten something. I hated Home Depot after that project.

Trying to brainstorm new ideas to keep busy with.

I doubt this is the kind of idea a 20-some-year-old bachelor is looking for, but I designed and built my mom a 500+ bottle wine cellar in our basement. It took me one weekend to plan and dry-build and one weekend to put up.

181901_524896192312_4613749_n.jpg

Outdoor pergolas to cover a small backyard patio area are pretty easy.

I did a project very similar to yours when I was in college for staidum couch seating. I love thinking of projects and DIY.

• Fire 1