QB controversy? What about the RB controversy?

I don't know if there was a thread started on this but I would like to know why Abdullah is getting more touches than Imani Cross? Don't get me wrong, I like Ameer but I just see so much more potential out of Imani and I think we are not using him to his full potential. The guy is a wrecking ball, and since he lost weight he seems to be more agile than last year. They are both averaging 6.5 yards per carry but Imani is leading in rushing touchdowns (5) where Ameer has 3 with 74 atts to Imani's 30 atts. Should Imani get more carries? Why or why not?

I don't know if there was a thread started on this but I would like to know why Abdullah is getting more touches than Imani Cross? Don't get me wrong, I like Ameer but I just see so much more potential out of Imani and I think we are not using him to his full potential. The guy is a wrecking ball, and since he lost weight he seems to be more agile than last year. They are both averaging 6.5 yards per carry but Imani is leading in rushing touchdowns (5) where Ameer has 3 with 74 atts to Imani's 30 atts. Should Imani get more carries? Why or why not?

The majority of the time we get inside the 10 we pull Ameer in favor of Imani, so that would explain the td differential. I think they're doing things right. Ameer is great when he has the field to work with but Imani is excellent in short yardage or when we need to just pound the rock. Imani definitely has some moves, but he's not cutting things back and breaking off long runs like Ameer did on the first few plays last week.

Hater

Abdullah has given his heart and soul to this program

Dont you appreciate what he's done

The only reason he didnt get 2,000 yards last year was a bad oline and Becks playcalling :sarcasm

Ameer Abdullah is another Derek Brown. Derek Brown (5-9, 180) was an explosive I-back for Nebraska in the early '90s. Derek Brown was great. I remember many of his long breakaway touchdown runs especially that one about 65 yards against Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1, 1991. Ameer just brings back memories of the former New Orleans Saints' running back Derek Brown. Brown seldom fumbled -- and that's the one area where Ameer can just continue to work on, but he's a great back. I'm so glad to see this guy take charge and lead the offense. He's an outstanding athlete. And he'll get better too as will Imani Cross. Maybe the staff will allow Imani Cross (a Wisconsin style power back IMHO) to be more involved with the ground game than just on 3rd and 1 or 2 short yardage runs. I also have a gut feeling he can break off on a long gainer as I was just picking up on what the guy said about Cross who just posted above my post here. Of course, we have a guy wearing #34, Terrell Newby, who isn't half bad either. We have good speed backs that are athletic -- and were more than likely raised up as little children to handle this task from the very beginning. I remember recently reading from Calvin Jones' biography [NU running back, 1990-93] of how his football career began in Mites Football as a 6- or 7-year-old. It seems more like the Nebraska running backs of old to which coach Ron Brown is now selecting from. I like it.

Ameer Abdullah is another Derek Brown. Derek Brown (5-9, 180) was an explosive I back for Nebraska in the early '90s. Derek Brown was great. I remember many of his long breakaway touchdown runs especially that one about 65 yards against Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Jan. 1, 1991. Ameer just brings back memories of the former New Orleans Saints running back Derek Brown. Brown seldom fumbled -- and that's the one area where Ameer can just continue to work on, but he's a great back. I'm so glad to see a guy this guy take charge and lead the offense. He's an outstanding athlete. And he'll get better too as will Imani Cross. Maybe the staff will allow Imani Cross to be more involved with the ground game than just on 3rd and 1 or 2 short yardage runs. I also have a gut feeling he can break off on a long gainer the guy said who just posted above my post here. Of course, we have a guy wearing #34, Terrell Newby, who isn't half bad either. We have good speed backs that are athletic and are just raised up as little children to handle this task. I remember recently reading from Calvin Jones' biography [NU running back, 1990-93] of how his football career began in Mites Football as a 6- or 7-year-old. It seems more like the Nebraska running backs of old to which coach Ron Brown is now selecting from. I like it.

Couldn't agree more with that. I will give Bo and his staff this much, we have had some amazing RB's since they began coaching at Nebraska.

I honestly think they should split carries evenly. Both bring completely contrasting running styles, which is a great thing to have. Imani is probably a guaranteed 3 yards about every time, and he punishes tacklers when he meets them. Ameer is the guy with a lot of shake in his step who can also run with a fair amount of power for a smaller RB, but has home run ability. We saw last year a few times what a luxury it can be to have contrasting styles carrying the ball (Wisconsin during regular season & Georgia).

• Fire 1

They started using Ameer in the passing game and IMO this was his best game. Imani is getting a lot of playing time and doing great as well. I don't see this as a controversy as much as Beck's inability to use the rb's in big games. Part of the rb problem has been Taylor's misdiagnosis and timing problems that put them in the backside of a bunch of blockers, but let's not start bumming ourselves out after such a great performance. We'll see if it continues against better defenses.