Illinois

I honestly think if TMart isn't healthy that Kellogg gives us a great shot to win the game. All we really need is a guy to get the football to our play-makers. Kellogg might be able to start at Wisconsin ;)

Really? Does he kind of remind you of a poor man's Russell Wilson or something. They are kind of built in a similar fashion .

Here is my question (if it has already been posited please tell me to shut up); If Illinois jumps to an early 14-0 lead, do the Huskers give up and play dead? Mental toughness IMO is the big concern.

Why? We had absolutely no problem with mental toughness when we were down in several games last year.

I'd be more worried ifthe Huskers jump to an early 14-0 lead, honestly.

Here is my question (if it has already been posited please tell me to shut up); If Illinois jumps to an early 14-0 lead, do the Huskers give up and play dead? Mental toughness IMO is the big concern.

Why? We had absolutely no problem with mental toughness when we were down in several games last year.

Because it's something cool to bitch about.

If we lose a game, the team isn't mentally tough. Simple as that.

Cool story bro, that was last year with seniors leading the defense. Where is that leadership to rally the troops this year? Running out the clock against Wyoming, getting depantsed by UCLA, and smashing two cupcakes is hardly a comparison to last years squad. I know I harked about the Defense last year but those guys had grit and determination. Didn't we just hear that they are NOW practicing tackling? I am not here to bag on the players, I believe they are not being placed in a position to succeed.

I honestly think if TMart isn't healthy that Kellogg gives us a great shot to win the game. All we really need is a guy to get the football to our play-makers. Kellogg might be able to start at Wisconsin ;)

Really? Does he kind of remind you of a poor man's Russell Wilson or something. They are kind of built in a similar fashion .

The pocket presence he showed where he avoided the rush and was able to step up and throw a strike into Jake Long in the red zone really impressed me. He could play for us. Great footwork and very live arm.

http://www.hlntv.com...rivalry-express

Not sure what this all entails

Rivalry Express ready to take over Nebraska

By Morning Express with Robin Meade staff

updated 10:25 AM EDT, Wed October 02, 2013

NEED TO KNOW

• Nebraska and Illinois are forming new rivalry in the Big Ten
  • Bob Van Dillen join's Carlos Diaz live from Lincoln Friday October 4 starting at 5 a.m. Central time

There is a video with that link

Saturday forecast:

Wunderground: Partly cloudy. High of 55F. Breezy. Winds from the WNW at 20 to 26 mph. No chance of rain. Kickoff time: 45F @ 20 mph.

AccuWeather: Partly cloudy. High of 64F. Breezy. Winds from the NW at 16 to 25 mph. Very little chance of rain (2%).

It's amazing how different these two are sometimes in their predictions.

I mean, if a nine degree range is no problem, I think just about anyone with no equipment could guess the high within that range most days. :facepalm:

I don't care about temperature even precipitation but I hate the winds. Both sources called breezy.

UPDATE as of Tuesday morning: Now AccuWeather said 57F instead of 64F and increased the winds...from breezy to windy.

Just wait a while, almost sure completely different forecast. My dad's forecast with no fancy equipment was better than modern meteorologists.

How true, lol My dad used to tell me just come in and wait for a half hour, and it will change. GBR!!!

NEED TO KNOW

• Bob Van Dillen join's Carlos Diaz live from Lincoln Friday October 4 starting at 5 a.m. Central time

Maybe it means they are getting excited to get beat every time they face the Huskers.

NEED TO KNOW

Oh good. We won't play Ohio State as much with the new divisions so we could use a new trophy game to replace/supplement the Illibuck trophy game.

Any ideas?

Our current trophy games are the Illibuck (a wooden turtle), the Purdue Cannon, and the Land of Lincoln trophy (a tophat that replaced the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk) in our rivalry with Northwestern.

Winged ear of corn perhaps?

NEED TO KNOW

Oh good. We won't play Ohio State as much with the new divisions so we could use a new trophy game to replace/supplement the Illibuck trophy game.

Any ideas?

Our current trophy games are the Illibuck (a wooden turtle), the Purdue Cannon, and the Land of Lincoln trophy (a tophat that replaced the Sweet Sioux Tomahawk) in our rivalry with Northwestern.

Winged ear of corn perhaps?

i'm sure whatever they will come up with need to be changed afterwards because it will involve corn and will most likely be a phallic trophy

Hey guys. I've read a lot of the concerns here on our HuskerBoard.com regarding Nebraska's defense and their matchup against Illinois (10/5). I think this will be a coming out, a fine showing for the defense. The defense features quick and fast guys that move really, really well. Maybe this is the quickest group of guys since Keyou Craver, Ralph Brown, and Mike Brown manned the explosive unit of 1999. I think the missing link to their success is their youth or lack of experience. But I suspect their prowress will be revealed Saturday afternoon. With this line-up----athletes Jason Ankrah (6-4, 265, Sr.), Thad Randle (6-1, 290, Sr.), Vincent Valentine (6-3, 325, RFr.), quick and explosive Randy Gregory (6-6, 245, So.), David Santos (6-0, 225, So.) Zaire Anderson (5-11, 220, Fr.), Josh Mitchell (5-11, 160, Jr.), Stanley Jean-Baptiste (6-3, 220, Sr.), Corey Cooper (6-1, 210, Jr.), Harvey Jackson (6-2, 210, Jr.), Andrew Green (6-0, 195, Sr.), and Ciante Evans (5-11, 190, Sr.)----I think these guys will take Illinois out!

Too much quickness and speed for Illinois' offense. The Bigs will need to dig in up front, and hard-hitting LB Nathan Gerry (6-2, 210, Fr.) and Co. need to remain on guard and not get caught cat napping out there like they did against SDSU in the 1st quarter. I like this line-up Nebraska features and feel that the early part of schedule with the yardage they gave up is more of an aberration. These guys will slow Nathan Scheelhaase down, I have no doubt in my mind. In fact, I'd be far more concerned with A.J. McCarron and his ability to throw the ball if Alabama were indeed on the schedule. Nebraska's defense has plenty of quicks to contain Scheelhaase---and Saturday's game is going to prove my point -- barring some major injuries hitting the overall D.

Hey guys. I've read a lot of the concerns here on our HuskerBoard.com regarding Nebraska's defense and their matchup against Illinois (10/5). I think this will be a coming out, a fine showing for the defense. The defense features quick and fast guys that move really, really well. Maybe this is the quickest group of guys since Keyou Craver, Ralph Brown, and Mike Brown manned the explosive unit of 1999. I think the missing link to their success is their youth or lack of experience. But I suspect their prowress will be revealed Saturday afternoon. With this line-up----athletes Jason Ankrah (6-4, 265, Sr.), Thad Randle (6-1, 290, Sr.), Vincent Valentine (6-3, 325, RFr.), quick and explosive Randy Gregory (6-6, 245, So.), David Santos (6-0, 225, So.) Zaire Anderson (5-11, 220, Fr.), Josh Mitchell (5-11, 160, Jr.), Stanley Jean-Baptiste (6-3, 220, Sr.), Corey Cooper (6-1, 210, Jr.), Harvey Jackson (6-2, 210, Jr.), Andrew Green (6-0, 195, Sr.), and Ciante Evans (5-11, 190, Sr.)----I think these guys will take Illinois out!

Too much quickness and speed for Illinois' offense. The Bigs will need to dig in up front, and hard-hitting LB Nathan Gerry (6-2, 210, Fr.) and Co. need to remain on guard and not get caught cat napping out there like they did against SDSU in the 1st quarter. I like this line-up Nebraska features and feel that the early part of schedule with the yardage they gave up is more of an aberration. These guys will slow Nathan Scheelhaase down, I have no doubt in my mind. In fact, I'd be far more concerned with A.J. McCarron and his ability to throw the ball if Alabama were indeed on the schedule. Nebraska's defense has plenty of quicks to contain Scheelhaase---and Saturday's game is going to prove my point -- barring some major injuries hitting the overall D.

I think you're nuts. I'd love to see your predictions come true, don't get me wrong, but there was absolutely nothing shown in the first 4 games (besides maybe the 1st quarter against UCLA) that could've led you to them. GBR Saturday.. I hope we outscore them and force some field goals