SIGNED LB Jaevon Walton

Thanks_Tom RR

Article from NOLA.com about Edna Carr's defense, as they head into the semifinals.

http://highschoolspo...lker-challenge/

On Walton:

Senior Jaevon Walton, a 6-foot, 230-pound Nebraska commitment, is the linchpin of the linebacker corps from his inside position.

Walton has recorded 88 tackles with 10 tackles for losses, four sacks, three forced fumbles and three passes broken up. He also has rushed for seven touchdowns as the offense’s short yardage and power back.

“Jaevon brings a physical presence and a passion, he’s the guy that’s going to get us going,’’ Jones said. “And he’s been playing lights out since the beginning of the year.

“If there’s any kid who I could say pound for pound is the best player at his position in the state it would be Jaevon. He is the Gerald Willis of the linebacker corps in this state.’’

Oh and Gerald Willis is a stud, wish he would come up to Nebraska with Jaevon.

Workaholics-Blake-I-like-that.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I could be seeing things through my Husker goggles, but I think Walton is pretty underrated. He is big, fast, and hits like a hammer. He also seems to diagnose well in coverage. Happy he is a future blackshirt.

You are correct sir.

I got to say, his senior film made me a huge fan of Mr Walton. His ability to diagnose coverage, turn up the speed, and lay the hammer is awesome. With all of the young talent at LB, the coaches were able to be very choosy with 1 or 2 LBs in this class, HuskerNation should be happy with what we got.