SIGNED LB Jaevon Walton

Thanks_Tom RR

Hurray! End of season recruiting surge is started!!

Anyone know what position we are recruiting him for?

MLB=Major League Baseball

I thought that was Monte Harrison.

No, Harrison was recruited at WR.

Apparently my joke wasn't that funny

They just missed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has had some adventures in the last couple years. Started as a sophomore at Karr then moved to Alabama with his father when his mother had medical issues. Now, obviously, back at Karr for his senior year.

Perhaps the moving and not being sure on his position at the next level is holding his rating down a bit????

• 2 weeks later...

Article from NOLA.com about Edna Carr's defense, as they head into the semifinals.

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/8754930143084288951/karr-defense-ready-for-landry-walker-challenge/

On Walton:

Senior Jaevon Walton, a 6-foot, 230-pound Nebraska commitment, is the linchpin of the linebacker corps from his inside position.

Walton has recorded 88 tackles with 10 tackles for losses, four sacks, three forced fumbles and three passes broken up. He also has rushed for seven touchdowns as the offense’s short yardage and power back.

“Jaevon brings a physical presence and a passion, he’s the guy that’s going to get us going,’’ Jones said. “And he’s been playing lights out since the beginning of the year.

“If there’s any kid who I could say pound for pound is the best player at his position in the state it would be Jaevon. He is the Gerald Willis of the linebacker corps in this state.’’

Oh and Gerald Willis is a stud, wish he would come up to Nebraska with Jaevon.

Article from NOLA.com about Edna Carr's defense, as they head into the semifinals.

http://highschoolspo...lker-challenge/

On Walton:

Senior Jaevon Walton, a 6-foot, 230-pound Nebraska commitment, is the linchpin of the linebacker corps from his inside position.

Walton has recorded 88 tackles with 10 tackles for losses, four sacks, three forced fumbles and three passes broken up. He also has rushed for seven touchdowns as the offense’s short yardage and power back.

“Jaevon brings a physical presence and a passion, he’s the guy that’s going to get us going,’’ Jones said. “And he’s been playing lights out since the beginning of the year.

“If there’s any kid who I could say pound for pound is the best player at his position in the state it would be Jaevon. He is the Gerald Willis of the linebacker corps in this state.’’

Oh and Gerald Willis is a stud, wish he would come up to Nebraska with Jaevon.

tumblr_mml6ljCDti1rtfgflo1_500.gif