Do you want Northwestern to win tomorrow?

Redux

NW for sure. If we take care of our own business we make it to Indy. We don't need to rely on other teams for our fate otherwise we shouldn't belong their anyways. Go cats

What?

To belong there you simply need to win your divisional race.

I'm saying if we win our games, we don't have to worry about the results of other games. Why rely on others when we control our own fate? If we lose 2 B1G games and somehow jump in because our divison played awful against the other, then we will quickly be shown that we shouldn't have gotten to Indy in the first place.

We (probably) won't win all our games though. Nor is that a prerequisite to win the division.

Good of the conference, Ohio State needs to win. Give the conference more rep than Northwestern, but totally respect the Cats. Heck of a coach and team attitude.

The problem with easier roads to the CCG is next year, it will mean something, this not so much. Meaning a 1 loss Nebraska loses to Ohio State, one loss Georgia losing to Bama, one loss Stanford losing to Oregon, of those 6 who goes to the NC game. Hint, it won't be Nebraska due to our less than stellar schedule. Tougher the road the better in the long run. Not so much this year.

Wisconsin did not back into anything. Ohio State and Penn State took themselves out.

NW for sure. If we take care of our own business we make it to Indy. We don't need to rely on other teams for our fate otherwise we shouldn't belong their anyways. Go cats

What?

I'm saying if we win our games, we don't have to worry about the results of other games. Why rely on others when we control our own fate? If we lose 2 B1G games and somehow jump in because our divison played awful against the other, then we will quickly be shown that we shouldn't have gotten to Indy in the first place.

We (probably) won't win all our games though. Nor is that a prerequisite to win the division.

I know it's not. But it's stupid to cheer against everyone in your divison just because it gives us a better shot. I'd much rather have NW take out ohio state and urban. I can't stand em. If NW beats us then hell, they deserve to be in Indy more than we do. We control out fate. We win, we make it to Indy. We lose, we have to rely on other teams. How about just win and cheer for whoever you want to win?

But it's stupid to cheer against everyone in your divison just because it gives us a better shot. I'd much rather have NW take out ohio state and urban. I can't stand em.

I guess. If you find Ohio State's failure to be more important the Nebraska's success, I could see how you would think it's stupid.

But it's stupid to cheer against everyone in your divison just because it gives us a better shot. I'd much rather have NW take out ohio state and urban. I can't stand em.

I guess. If you find Ohio State's failure to be more important the Nebraska's success, I could see how you would think it's stupid.

I think beating an undefeated NW that beat tOSU THEN beating tOSU that only lost to NW would be ideal.

• Fire 1

I think beating an undefeated NW that beat tOSU THEN beating tOSU that only lost to NW would be ideal.

I think we're past all that. It's not like we're going to be in the National Title discussion at any point this season.

What?

2012 called. We won all of our divisional games and still got shown the door in the CCG.

1. I can't be certain but I'd be willing to bet that a poll of Northwestern fans about their top rivals would show Nebraska pretty low. Your top answer would be none, followed by Chicago and then Illinois. After that then a few votes for UM, UW and Purdue. Two years sharing a division does not a rivalry make.

2. Some of you make it sound like NU wasn't playing well before Nebraska joined. That's simply off. They've been ruining B1G campaigns pretty consistently since 08.

3. I don't think it's fair to compare them to KU back in 07. The stars really aligned with that team and Mangino turned out to be a one hit wonder. NU is different, they'll be competitive as long as Fitz is there.

Anyhow I'm rooting hard for the Cats this week, I've always kind of liked them much like how SEC fans, other than UT, seem to all secretly love Vandy and UW needs them to beat the Bucks to have a chance. If they lose this week and we win out we're a lock (see Purdue-OSU rule).

I think either OSU wins big (14+) or NW wins close.

• Fire 1
Im not saying they are a true rival yet. But two years in and weve both beaten eachother in dramatic fashion o eachothers home fields. This is a good start to a series that has some real potential.

I don't think you understand how Northwestern works. Husker fans may come to view Northwestern as a rival but they will never return that sentiment.

B1G schools have been playing each other for more than a century. It would take decades of close games between relevant teams to make this even close to a rivalry. That and or geographic proximity are what combine to make rivals in the Big Ten and I can't picture Nebraska annexing Iowa anytime soon. Don't be like ND where they play a team twice and "OMG we're rivals now!"

Im not saying they are a true rival yet. But two years in and weve both beaten eachother in dramatic fashion o eachothers home fields. This is a good start to a series that has some real potential.

I don't think you understand how Northwestern works. Husker fans may come to view Northwestern as a rival but they will never return that sentiment.

B1G schools have been playing each other for more than a century. It would take decades of close games between relevant teams to make this a rivalry. That and or geographic proximity are what combine to make rivals in the Big Ten and I can't picture Nebraska annexing Iowa anytime soon. Don't be like ND where they play a team twice and "OMG we're rivals now!"

No thats how it used to work. Look at a&m - Bama. Look at Mizzou and....... ok thats all I got. But still rivalries used to take decades because geography was all we had back then. Now with social mesia and the internet it only takes a handful of games for a bad blood to boil. Maybe the Purples dont see us as a rival yet. But ask a KState fan how he feels about NU.

• Fire 1