Reality check for a die hard...

Some things just I love

1. People who can't wait to jump on anyone who posts an opinioin on Huskerboard.

2. People who tell others how to punctuate their posts.

3. People who crticize someone for stating that they know a lot about something...then go on to post as though they are the authority on that subject.

4. Mods who ban people for violation board rules but allow other posters to violate board rules as long as said Mod agrees with the violator of said rule.

smh

• Fire 1

I agree with the OP that the fans suck. I took my kids to the game this weekend and I was shocked the student section never filled up. I think those tickets need to go to fans willing to pay. Students can buy regular season tickets (donation free) if they want to go. And they shouldn't bitch when it happens. It almost happened under the last 3 ADs and this guy would be smart to make it happen. Also, most people didn't come back after half and it was foot race to leave by the 4th quarter. Yes it did get cold but only those with little kids should get a pass. The stadium never did have a ton of energy or at least in the section I sat in (which is different than my season tickets since I needed 4 instead of 2 for this game). It was a great game for kids because the fan cussing was at a low rate. I did listen for the first time to those around me. Our fans really are stupid. Two guys around me raged on Kenny Bell for dropping passes multiple times in the first quarter. I finally pointed out Bell was number 80. Later I got to listen to two super smart guys tell everyone around us Armstrong is really what we need if we're ever going to be successful. They explained we needed a guy we could get in the offense as a freshman and have a 4 year starter so by the final year we're able to run a full offense. I finally asked them how long had T-Mart had been a starting QB for us. Neither knew he had been so for 4 years.

As far as the coaching. Doesn't matter who you have. Some people will never be happy even if the brought Bob D back from the grave and won every game and every national championship for the next 20 years. They wouldn't like something about his personality, his offense, defense, the fact he didn't win by 70 points, etc. We have good coaches. Better than average coaches. Can they become great? Maybe only time will tell and even the great ones need luck to get to the top. Or they need to cheat on a regular basis as we now see with Saban as its coming out about Bama players getting paid and his LSU days and the academic fraud that happened and how Emmert (yes that one) was the chief cover up guy that swept it under the rug for him. Plus look around. I mean really look at teams. With the exception of one or two teams per year the majority of them have multiple games where the other team goes wild with scoring and moving the ball. Sometimes the difference is their offense also scores 45 points. People aren't deep, have issue with fast paced offense and the fact that now you can't hit a QB, WR on a crossing route or hit anyone other than between the waist and the shoulders without a flag why the offense can sub without letting you sub in, they can hold and get away with low blocks most of the time its pretty damn hard to be on defense.

• Fire 2

I was not at the game so I take your comments as spot on.

The second paragraph, is where I am at with college football. I think you nailed it.

I must admit I have lost a lot of interest in it lately. Have always attended several USC/UCLA and San Diego State games every year. Have not been to one this year and only scheduled for San Diego State on the 28th. I am tired of the SEC like most.

I hate the anti player group, picking on the kids. They are only out there because of one man. If they suck as bad as some say, who is responsible. Blame where the problem starts, not the kid that is busting his ass to do the job.

I sometimes wonder how the past always seems better and brighter than it really was. For those crying about the student section, think back twenty years. I was a student then, and we almost always never showed up for the second half. I was at the game back in I believe 92' or 93' when KU came rolling into Lincoln ranked in the top 15. Almost two thirds of the stadium was empty after halftime because it was colder than a witch's tit. I was at nearly every home game during "the run" and it wasn't much different than it is today. I was there in 94' when lolwly Wyoming came into town and nearly ended our season as it was beginning. The stadium was so quiet you could have almost heard a pin drop. Please stop with this is something new because it isn't.

• Fire 1

Some things just I love

1. People who can't wait to jump on anyone who posts an opinioin on Huskerboard.

3. People who crticize someone for stating that they know a lot about something...then go on to post as though they are the authority on that subject.

4. Mods who ban people for violation board rules but allow other posters to violate board rules as long as said Mod agrees with the violator of said rule.

smh

Could have said it any better.

Some things just I love

smh

If there is an issue you don't think is being addressed properly take it up with an admin. Posting it like this isn't going to get you what you want. ;)

I was at the game, and in fact after half time I moved over and was sitting in the top of the student section with 7 family members that had been spread out over the south stadium it was cold, but a lot of people stayed to the end.

As for the game itself, I saw a lot of improvement. The substitution problems were really only happening on Illinois final drive, and that is a referee problem for the most part. Different crews are going to allow more time for defensive substitutions than others. This crew did not, and it favored the offense.

Watch some games other than Nebraska. Nobody plays great defense anymore all the time. The rules are all set up for offenses to move the ball and score points. I'll take a 20 point win over a fairly good offensive team any day of the week. The defense showed some improvement which is what you want to see. Hope to see more improvement over the next 2 games.

• 3 weeks later...