***What Did We Like***

The Illinois game was a win from start to finish against a team that showed a lot of offensive life during non-conference play. Without any qualifiers, what did we like?

1. TA is Tommy Option-Strong. Tommy executes the option very well. He looked confident in the pocket and delivered the ball well.

2. Ameer ran like a man. He was 10+ yards on over 20 carries. He has great vision and the ability to make the cuts to gain big yards.

3. The WR corp is solid. Great catches matched with solid upfield blocks.

4. The OL was dominant. Made huge running lanes, gave up no sacks, and blocked upfield well.

5. SJB and Evans are making plays every game. SJB made a major hit to force a drop, and Evans was coming off the edge well getting a sack and forcing a turnover.

6. RG44 is a beast, defining pass rushing for the Huskers this year. Moss is stepping up on the other side of the line and making plays as well.

7. DL brought the house, and it worked to keep Illinois off-balance and off-schedule. This was a must against one of the most efficient QB in the conference. Against Nebraska, Scheelhaase was only 50% with completions.

8. Cooper remained solid, and the safeties next to Cooper showed improvement. I really liked Green.

9. Overall, the offense stayed on schedule and scored often. The defense showed good growth and limited big plays (20+ yards) by Illinois to only three, with none over 30+ yards.

• Fire 1

The Illinois game was a win from start to finish against a team that showed a lot of offensive life during non-conference play. Without any qualifiers, what did we like?

1. TA is Tommy Option-Strong. Tommy executes the option very well. He looked confident in the pocket and delivered the ball well.

2. Ameer ran like a man. He was 10+ yards on over 20 carries. He has great vision and the ability to make the cuts to gain big yards.

3. The WR core is solid. Great catches matched with solid upfield blocks.

4. OL were dominate. Made huge running lanes, gave up no sacks, and blocked upfield well.

5. SJB and Evans are making plays every game. SJB made a major hit to force a drop and Evans was coming off the edge well getting a sack and forcing a turnover.

6. RG44 is a beast, defining pass rushing for the Huskers this year. Moss is stepping up on the other side of the line and making plays as well.

7. DL brought the house and it worked to keep Illinois off-balance and off-schedule, a must against one of the most efficient QB in the conference. Against Nebraska, Scheelhaase was only 50% with completions.

8. Cooper remained solid, and the safeties next to Cooper showed improvement. I really liked Green.

9. Overall, the offense stayed on schedule and scored often. The defense showed good growth and limited big plays (20+ yards) to Illinois to only three, with none over 30+ yards.

All nine of these things were true yesterday, and are reasons for optimism. The question is, how many of these things will hold up against better competition? We won't know for about another five weeks. But I do feel better today than I felt two Sundays ago. Even though Illinois is a doormat.

All nine of these things were true yesterday, and are reasons for optimism.  The question is, how many of these things will hold up against better competition?  We won't know for about another five weeks.  But I do feel better today than I felt two Sundays ago.  Even though Illinois is a doormat.

I'd say a 'Welcome mat' to B1G play. And, I would totally agree the name of the game is consistency. If the offense and defense could turn in this performance every game, it might not please the 1990's Glory-days perfectionists, but it will give us lots of wins and would put Nebraska on the right path.

#1 The defense stepped up in the red zone in the 1st half. They made stops when they had to.

2 Tommy Armstrong had no fumbles/interceptions

#3 Ameer took care of the football

#4 We did not punt once in the 1st half

#5 Michael Rose & Jared Afalava played well

#6 Quincy Enunwa & Kenny Bell had great games

#7 No penalties committed by the offensive line (that I remember)

#8 Jason Ankrah played well

3. The WR core is solid. Great catches matched with solid upfield blocks.

I hate to be "that guy" that corrects spelling, but I have seen this misspelled many times on this board, and I guess it just irritates me. Should be spelled "corps" as in the Marine Corps. Nothing personal. This is a fine post in a fine thread.

... nothing else to add... carry on.

• Fire 2