Nebraska opens -13.5 @ Purdue

JTrain

I've picked against the Huskers vs. the spread every game but SDSU. And I really don't think I'm over-reacting to one decent game but I would jump on -13.5. Purdue has lost by 35 (Cincy), 31 (Wiscy) and 31 (N. Illinois). They did tack on a late score to get with 7 of Notre Dame but they also only beat 1-4 Indiana St. by six - the same Indiana St. that Indiana hung 73 on.

Seems pretty low to me.

This line has me thinking Vegas knows something. After man handling Illinois, who I believe to be a better team than Purdue, I'm surprised its as low as it is. Hmmm.......

Im NOT a betting person

When Vegas sets the line they want 50/50 action on both sides

They are usually pretty close at this point in the season anyways

This team is totally unpredictable- one would expect an NU blowout, but these guys know their stuff

Didn't Purdue actually find a decent QB finally? Considering our penchant for having problems with players/teams we have little to no film on, I wouldn't be to sure about this game...

We know good QBs dont make teams better chuckleshuffle 1 Player doesnt make a difference

Purdue has played against some of the best defenses in the country 4th,6th,12th and the 50th. We are ranked 98th best defense. 13.5 maybe high but Purdue will be facing one of it's highest ranked offensives teams this week. I give the 13.5 the huskers by 18 or 20,the defense showed signs of major improvement this week.

I usually don't make very good predictions against the spread and would never put actual money on a game, but man, I will be pretty disappointed if we can't beat Purdue by more than 14 points. That might lead to a few unprecedented threads in which people call for firing of certain coaches or benching of certain players.

up to -14.5 (consensus).

Keep in mind Purdue will be an off-week and extra preparation .....ala UCLA perhaps? Or else extra Preparation H :lol:

BTW, the forecast will be perfect weather in W.Lafayette, 66F partly cloudy @ kickoff time, 74F @ 2:00P and winds, 5 to 7 mph all day long.

Sagarin Predictor column: -15.5

My prediction: -12, 72 O/U

http://www.sportsnet...sc=AF,p=1,date=

This line has me thinking Vegas knows something. After man handling Illinois, who I believe to be a better team than Purdue, I'm surprised its as low as it is. Hmmm.......

Im NOT a betting person

When Vegas sets the line they want 50/50 action on both sides

They are usually pretty close at this point in the season anyways

This team is totally unpredictable- one would expect an NU blowout, but these guys know their stuff

I understand the betting game, and used to dabble a lot in it back in the day, but not anymore. I am just surprised about the low number knowing everything. Purdue is just not good at all. I know it's our first road game, probably starting Tommy again, etc., but even with that I would say we can win by more than 20.

I guess maybe I should start betting again to put my luck to the test huh? Let's just say if we don't win by more than 20 Saturday it will be an ugly game for us, we will of had to look pretty bad, and the next 2 weeks with the bye will be very long.

Purdue has played against some of the best defenses in the country 4th,6th,12th and the 50th. We are ranked 98th best defense. 13.5 maybe high but Purdue will be facing one of it's highest ranked offensives teams this week. I give the 13.5 the huskers by 18 or 20,the defense showed signs of major improvement this week.

Not sure where you're getting 12th - N Illinois is #113 and Indiana St. is FCS and even Indiana put up 73 on them. Cincy's 4th rated defense has played the #152 SOS (Sagarin) and Wisconsin's 6th rated defense has played the #133 SOS so forgive me for not putting a lot of stock in those numbers right now.