CBS Sports has us in the Rose Bowl

ADS

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so. As knappic notes, our defense could charitably be characterized as a work in progress. And the offense will need to be hitting on all cylinders to compensate.

If Ohio State stumbles, then they're first in line for the Rose Bowl bid. And even if they don't, I think we'll have an uphill battle to get there. In particular I've been impressed by Northwestern.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? I don't think so. As knappic notes, our defense could charitably be characterized as a work in progress. And the offense will need to be hitting on all cylinders to compensate.

If Ohio State stumbles, then they're first in line for the Rose Bowl bid. And even if they don't, I think we'll have an uphill battle to get there. In particular I've been impressed by Northwestern.

If you look at the predictions, they have tOSU in the National Championship game, so they're not stumbling. Basically, they have us winning the division (probably winning out) and losing to the Buckeyes.

If you look at the predictions, they have tOSU in the National Championship game, so they're not stumbling. Basically, they have us winning the division (probably winning out) and losing to the Buckeyes.

I know. I was pointing out that our bid for the Rose Bowl is likely contingent on Ohio State not slipping along the way. If they do, that Rose Bowl spot is probably theirs.

We get a bye week before NW, which is a huge advantage IMO. I believe NW also has a couple of tough games coming up prior to our game so that is an advantage as well. On the other hand, the game against MSU is after NW and UM, so that is not good for NU.