Recruiting Concerns

We still need 1 or 2 OT for this class.

isn't there talk of moving Stoltenberg to the Oline? With all the Dline commits lately this would make some sense.

I'm pretty sure stoltenberg is a tackle. I do think we need another though. Wonder if we'll still end up with Alex Lewis at OT.

isn't there talk of moving Stoltenberg to the Oline? With all the Dline commits lately this would make some sense.

I'm pretty sure stoltenberg is a tackle. I do think we need another though. Wonder if we'll still end up with Alex Lewis at OT.

Yeah, I would think he's a lock for OT at this point. Alex Lewis is still a possibility. I think we're still hoping for Gates to commit but I'm not sure where on the line he's the best fit for.

Yeah, I would think he's a lock for OT at this point. Alex Lewis is still a possibility. I think we're still hoping for Gates to commit but I'm not sure where on the line he's the best fit for.

And if he'll come here. He is visiting Oregon this weekend and still has A&M on his list. If the staff doesn't take another OT this cycle I think that'll mean Alex Lewis is on the team.

And if he'll come here. He is visiting Oregon this weekend and still has A&M on his list. If the staff doesn't take another OT this cycle I think that'll mean Alex Lewis is on the team.

Yeah, I kind of get the feeling that Gates has interest in us because of his coaches' connection but we probably aren't at the top of his list. Hope I'm wrong.

247 ranks the Top 20 college coaching jobs by recruiting:

But what programs are just naturally set up for coaches to get their foot in the door, so to speak? What programs when they have a coaching staff that even in the slightest bit knows what they are doing are a lock to sign elite talent? What programs are “set up” for recruiting success?

We took a look and ranked the top 20 coaching jobs in the country from a recruiting standpoint.

Geography plays the biggest factor in these rankings, simply because talent acquisition for the sport is still very regionally-based. It’s not a coincidence that most of the best programs on an annual basis are located within the borders of talent-producing states. 

Other factors, like tradition, facilities and fan support/venue were weighed as well. These things serve as a hook for top prospects and can cause initial interest- not the way proximity does- but still can drum up an instant interest.

You'll never guess who's #1.

247 ranks the Top 20 college coaching jobs by recruiting:

But what programs are just naturally set up for coaches to get their foot in the door, so to speak? What programs when they have a coaching staff that even in the slightest bit knows what they are doing are a lock to sign elite talent? What programs are “set up” for recruiting success?

We took a look and ranked the top 20 coaching jobs in the country from a recruiting standpoint.

Geography plays the biggest factor in these rankings, simply because talent acquisition for the sport is still very regionally-based. It’s not a coincidence that most of the best programs on an annual basis are located within the borders of talent-producing states. 

Other factors, like tradition, facilities and fan support/venue were weighed as well. These things serve as a hook for top prospects and can cause initial interest- not the way proximity does- but still can drum up an instant interest.

You'll never guess who's #1.

Florida seems low, Georgia seems really high. Surprised Alabama is that low as well. Guessing if they weren't winning, recruiting would be much harder - whereas a Texas or Ohio State can pretty well recruit regardless of the state of the program.

Florida seems low, Georgia seems really high. Surprised Alabama is that low as well. Guessing if they weren't winning, recruiting would be much harder - whereas a Texas or Ohio State can pretty well recruit regardless of the state of the program.

Yeah, it looks like competition played into it pretty hard. Flordia has two other storied programs in state to compete with. Alabama doesn't have as much HS talent and has Auburn to compete with. Georgia has Tech but they're not nearly on the same level. tOSU is far and away the biggest draw in the state and Texas has (until recently) only had aTm to compete with in a state with loads of talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Bo says we could sign as many as 25 in this class. With 19 commits, we have three open slots at the moment. That means the coaches think at least three players who have eligibility left might not be back.

Ashburn, Guy and ......?

vestal.

Already have Ashburn and Vestal off the list. Guy is most likely gone and I have a suspicion that Okuyemi is as well. That would be two of the three.

• 2 weeks later...