Recruiting Concerns

I've never been one to question the hard work this staff puts into recruiting, until this year. Idk if they should be on the road during game weeks, but i think something needs to be evaluated.,just seems odd to that they can rack up all these commits so late in the process, but have long droughts during the season.

And yet this year is following the exact same patter as the last several.....

Agreed. It just strikes me as somewhat odd. Not trying to be negative

I've never been one to question the hard work this staff puts into recruiting, until this year. Idk if they should be on the road during game weeks, but i think something needs to be evaluated.,just seems odd to that they can rack up all these commits so late in the process, but have long droughts during the season.

Except that this is the same pattern every school follows.... SEC will rack up recruits before the season, yes. Due to location, we will not. No one really racks up commits during the season...

Except that this is the same pattern every school follows.... SEC will rack up recruits before the season, yes. Due to location, we will not. No one really racks up commits during the season...

True story, but you said "racks up". /snickers.

I'm concerned about numbers, but also the effort this staff puts into recruiting at times. When they get to out, they do really good job of getting kids on board, but they dont do enough during the year, imo.

We had a bunch of guys out during both our bye weeks. Are you saying you think they should be out even during game week - as opposed to coaching and preparing our current team for that week's game?

Complaining about effort in recruiting is a recurring theme for those that don't believe in the current staff because there's no way to definitively refute it. Of course, they can't prove it either, but that's hardly the point.

It has pretty well always been the case that we have filled up classes late at nebraska because so many of our prospects are from far away and have a hard time getting on campus until late in the process.

It probably has a lot to do with not living in the middle of a hot recruiting bed.

So, the reg. season as ended, we're losing 3 starting OTs (qvale, sirles, rod) and we don't have a single commitment at the OT spot for this years class? Isnt stoltenberg an OT or OG? (Not saying we don't have anyone on out current rostet at OT, sterup looks like a potential starter as well as Finnin, then knevel, but we need some depth)

That being said, are we in good standing for OTs like Nick Gates and the W. michigan commit? This crossed my mind because Fahn Cooper from matt finnin's prev. school just got crossed off our radar

So, the reg. season as ended, we're losing 3 starting OTs (qvale, sirles, rod) and we don't have a single commitment at the OT spot for this years class? Isnt stoltenberg an OT or OG? (Not saying we don't have anyone on out current rostet at OT, sterup looks like a potential starter as well as Finnin, then knevel, but we need some depth)

That being said, are we in good standing for OTs like Nick Gates and the W. michigan commit? This crossed my mind because Fahn Cooper from matt finnin's prev. school just got crossed off our radar

Stoltenberg at OT is the plan I believe. Word is Knevel is going to be a complete stud. Expect Knevel, Sterup and Finnin isn't a bad 3 man rotation.

But we picked up 3 OT's last year. So I only see us taking 2-3 this year, probably 3. I would love to close out on Nick Gates.

Others we are talking to still:

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/68010-ot-kolton-miller/

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/68067-ot-chukwuma-okorafor-w-michigan-commit/ (Guy you mentioned)

Stoltenberg at OT is the plan I believe. Word is Knevel is going to be a complete stud. Expect Knevel, Sterup and Finnin isn't a bad 3 man rotation.

But we picked up 3 OT's last year. So I only see us taking 2-3 this year, probably 3. I would love to close out on Nick Gates.

http://www.huskerboa...-kolton-miller/

http://www.huskerboa...ichigan-commit/ (Guy you mentioned)

I thought Stoltenburg was on defense but can't remember for sure.

In addition to Knevel, Sterup and Finnin, we got Hannon and Johnson last year and Thurston before that. So we're not in bad shape - though more is always better.

In addition to Knevel, Sterup and Finnin, we got Hannon and Johnson last year and Thurston before that. So we're not in bad shape - though more is always better.

He planned DE in high school, but during the summer camp, Stoltenburg got looked at for DE, OG, OT, TE, and C. I believe he got the offer with the expectation that he would be playing OG/OT.

Hannon is a guard and doesn't have the body type to play tackle. I think Thurston is the 3rd string center and has received solid reviews from scout team. I think he has a really good chance to start at center next season.

I talked to an ex-teammate about 1.5 months ago, and at that point OT was the plan.