Recruiting Concerns

Coincidence or legitimate concern that we have zero commits from CA or OH and 1 from FL?

That's 5% so far.  historically it's been way better in those areas

2013 44%

2012 29%

2011 30%

I was wondering the same thing, but there has been a lot of talk about the talent is in the 500-mile radius this class and the effort the staff has taken to recruit in that radius. With the talent level also being considered high in the 500-mile radius in the 2015 class, I would bet we seem a similar geographic distribution.

Coincidence or legitimate concern that we have zero commits from CA or OH and 1 from FL?

2013 44%

2012 29%

2011 30%

I was wondering the same thing, but there has been a lot of talk about the talent is in the 500-mile radius this class and the effort the staff has taken to recruit in that radius. With the talent level also being considered high in the 500-mile radius in the 2015 class, I would bet we seem a similar geographic distribution.

Good thought, this yr so far 47% at from the 500 mi radius

2013 29%

2012 31%

2011 31%

5% is Still pretty light in those states, would like to see some more activity there this cycle.

The number of 3 stars and higher around Lincoln does seem to be going up as well

2014 369

2013 302

2012 264

2011 209

2013 44%

2012 29%

2011 30%

Good thought, this yr so far 47% at from the 500 mi radius

2013 29%

2012 31%

2011 31%

5% is Still pretty light in those states, would like to see some more activity there this cycle.

The number of 3 stars and higher around Lincoln does seem to be going up as well

2014 369

2013 302

2012 264

2011 209

I am surprised about CA, the OH connection might be a bit lower this year due to the Marrow transition. It also seems like they have bit FL harder as well as TX but just don't have the results yet. haven't looked at the numbers to confirm that though.

Things just vary.  Last year we were very late in the year before we got any commits out of Texas and only ended up with two.  People were wondering if we were losing ground in Texas after leaving the Big XII.  This year, over 20% of our commits are out of Texas.

And we had Jason Hall and Chance Waz until they decommitted for their in-state 'dream school'.
  • 2 weeks later...

Not Husker-related but I thought it was pretty interesting:

Have to give some props to Florida's administration. They apparently limit the Gators to only having 85 scholarships given out at any one time. Thus, they only sign up to the 85 number on NSD.

And have to give a :facepalm: to the 247 writer ($ article so no link) who is describing the Gators' "bind" because they don't have as much flexibility to "process out" players to get back down to 85 by the start of fall camp like some other teams may do. Thus the Gator coaches must make sure their recruits "are well on their way to qualifying." Such a burden they have to bear.

I'm concerned about DE now. Any prospects we're after?

We are in the picture with Kevin Bronson, Lloyd Tubman,and Spencer Williams. Likely we will see some other names pop up soon at DE.

Thanks. I think we need to take at least two high school DE prospects. If Moss leaves, Natter and McMullen are our only underclassmen DEs.

I'm concerned about DE now. Any prospects we're after?

We are in the picture with Kevin Bronson, Lloyd Tubman,and Spencer Williams. Likely we will see some other names pop up soon at DE.

Thanks. I think we need to take at least two high school DE prospects. If Moss leaves, Natter and McMullen are our only underclassmen DEs.

Yeah It will be pretty interesting to see what other names come up at DE because I agree they will take at least 2 more.

Does anyone also think we need another QB for this class? Maybe someone who could be moved to another position if we need them too. I'm still concerned about Darlington's concussion history.

We're still recruiting Flowers and Gerhart, doubt we can get either one to flip at this point.

Does anyone also think we need another QB for this class? Maybe someone who could be moved to another position if we need them too. I'm still concerned about Darlington's concussion history.

We're still recruiting Flowers and Gerhart, doubt we can get either one to flip at this point.

And we are sitting VERY good some some real big names in 2015.