Most #Rivals250 Commits By Conference

#SEC - 69

#B1G - 28

#ACC - 25

#Pac12 - 18

#Big12 - 14

Full Rankings: http://bit.ly/1o2daKE

Good lord, what a disparity.

Glad we're leading the other three conferences, but the SEC seriously has 2.5 times the amount of commits as the next highest conference?

Damn. Well... money talks, I suppose. :D

B1G can't recruit:

#SEC - 69

#B1G - 28

#ACC - 25

#Pac12 - 18

#Big12 - 14

Glad we're leading the other three conferences, but the SEC seriously has 2.5 times the amount of commits as the next highest conference?

Well, I'm sure the SEC is getting their share of the talent. But, some of these rankings are based off of what teams offer a kid. If what ever media person is ranking the kid really thinks the SEC is the cat's meow, then any kid who is recruited to those schools gets a small boost the Big 12 if that media person thinks the Big 12 stinks.

So, yes, I'm sure they are getting their share of the talent. But, the disparity might not be that big once they are on the field and stars don't matter anymore.

The SEC is going to get the highest percentage of the highest-rated players for the foreseeable future. End of story.

But we seem to hear a lot about how the B1G needs to improve recruiting as compared to the rest of college football. Those numbers seem to indicate we're keeping up with the "rest" and then some.

The SEC is going to get the highest percentage of the highest-rated players for the foreseeable future. End of story.

But we seem to hear a lot about how the B1G needs to improve recruiting as compared to the rest of college football. Those numbers seem to indicate we're keeping up with the "rest" and then some.

I'm sure it happens at a lot of places both SEC and non SEC but I have a friend who went to Auburn and was a class counter to make sure the athletes were going to their classes. She said a lot of their football players from inner-city areas had $60,000 cars and fancy clothes. She said most the students knew Auburn players were getting paid. Players would even joke about it sometimes.

B1G can't recruit:

#SEC - 69

#B1G - 28

#ACC - 25

#Pac12 - 18

#Big12 - 14

Well, I'm sure the SEC is getting their share of the talent. But, some of these rankings are based off of what teams offer a kid. If what ever media person is ranking the kid really thinks the SEC is the cat's meow, then any kid who is recruited to those schools gets a small boost the Big 12 if that media person thinks the Big 12 stinks.

So, yes, I'm sure they are getting their share of the talent. But, the disparity might not be that big once they are on the field and stars don't matter anymore.

I don't put a lot of stock in to most of the ratings that are out there. We have proven in the past that a supposed 2 star athelete can do some amazing things and a supposed 5 star athelete can be a huge bust. I obviously can't prove it, but I swear that most recruits instantly get a bump up if they commit to an SEC school and if they commit to any other conference they are downgraded.

• 2 months later...

Perhaps we need to work on our pitches.

Charlie Strong Promises First Touch of Next Season to Prospect http://texas.247sports.com/Bolt/Charlie-Strong-Promises-First-Touch-Next-Season-to-Prospect-32425776 via @247Sports @jcshurburtt @RyanBartow

/or not

Hes probably thinking that it couldn't hurt.

it sounds like a penn st recruiting tactic.

• Fire 1

Went back through some of the old recruiting on Rivals and noticed that Nebraska hasn't picked up a 5 star recruit since 2008 and the number of 4 star recruits has dropped pretty significantly since joining the Big Ten (eleven 4 stars in 2011 to four 4 stars in 2014). Cause for concern?

Went back through some of the old recruiting on Rivals and noticed that Nebraska hasn't picked up a 5 star recruit since 2008 and the number of 4 star recruits has dropped pretty significantly since joining the Big Ten (eleven 4 stars in 2011 to four 4 stars in 2014). Cause for concern?

I think it is a concern for sure, but que the stars don't matter posts in 3,2,1...

Stars don't matter.

Out of your eleven 4-stars in 2011, 5 never made it here/left shortly after arriving. So call it 6?

2014 - four 4 stars (I'll subtract Monte Harrison because I subtracted Bubba in 2011, so 3). Notable names not in that list:

Demornay Pierson-El

Chris Jones

Josh Kalu

(all above are 3 stars)

Drew Brown (2 star)

Byerson Cockrell (2 star)

Stars are relative, and mostly irrelevant to the discussion. At a point where we are now, with plenty of production, let's judge the classes on output and see where they stand.

Give it two more years to really shape up and let's look at 2011 vs 2014. I'm taking 2014; that was one SOLID class.

Stars don't matter.

Out of your eleven 4-stars in 2011, 5 never made it here/left shortly after arriving. So call it 6?

2014 - four 4 stars (I'll subtract Monte Harrison because I subtracted Bubba in 2011, so 3). Notable names not in that list:

Demornay Pierson-El

Chris Jones

Josh Kalu

(all above are 3 stars)

Drew Brown (2 star)

Byerson Cockrell (2 star)

Stars are relative, and mostly irrelevant to the discussion. At a point where we are now, with plenty of production, let's judge the classes on output and see where they stand.

Give it two more years to really shape up and let's look at 2011 vs 2014. I'm taking 2014; that was one SOLID class.

Stars matter