Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

That Auburn team played better than they rightfully should have. Saban would suffer against this years Ducks. I agree Bama is dominant and deserves the top spot, but I see them losing a game maybe two by end of bowl season.

I threw Auburn out there because their defense wasn't very good but Oregon has been held in check in several of their games.

Last year, KState "held" them to 35 in the Fiesta Bowl, which was their second-lowest total for the year (Stanford held them to 14).

Cal held them to 15 the year they played Auburn (2010).

In 2009, Ohio St. held them to 17 in the Rose Bowl and Boise St. held them to 8 in the opener.

2011 was really the only year that no one really shut down their offense but they lost two games that year. It's not that they can't be stopped. It's just really hard to do because if you make one mistake, it's probably a TD. With Alabama's DLine clogging gaps, they would have as good of a shot as any and better than most.

Saban with a month to prepare is deadly for anyone. The only reason Manziel has as much success a few weeks back was due to fluke/lucky plays. Let's face the facts with Manziel. He runs around and then literally throws a ball up for grabs time and time again. His receivers somehow come up with it. Just freakish. But straight up, with a month to prepare, I think Oregon would have a hell of a time against Bama's defense, as would anyone.

I do see us beating NW at home by virtue of the fact that they have shown the past two weeks that they have some issues against the run on defense and it is contingent on another big jump on defense by us.

If we can get out of Ann Arbor with a win, I really think we can run the table. Brady Hoke's first home loss has to come some time.

After this week, there isn't a game left on the schedule that we can't win.

Akron almost beat them at home.

Having the Spartans at home helps. But we have two rough road games in Ann Arbor and College Station.

Akron might give us trouble too.

College PARK, not college station...I hope we never go to college station again.

Michigan's offense is improving, just as fast or faster than our defense is...

State College

If it came down to it, I'll take what Alabama offers every day of the week over what Oregon offers. I agree this isn't one of Saban's best teams, but they're still a really good team. Oregon is as well. The difference is defense, even though this year Oregon's offense looks better than what 'Bama brings to the table defensively. A really good defense will keep you in any game, but if someone figures out your offense (which SEC teams have done well to Oregon recently) then that makes things a bit more uncomfortable.

I'd love to see that match up if it happened. At this point I'd give Alabama the edge simply because they've been there, done that and know how to perform when everything is on the line. Until somebody proves it on the field, it's tough to go against 'Bama.

Can't say who has the inside track, except I'd like to think we do. And we do...win every game and we win the division.

I did want to slip this in somewhere without it hopefully getting re-routed, but I didn't know where else to put it.

For today's Iowa / tOSU game, I'm predicting this to be the head scratcher that Ohio State loses.

I was thinking that also grandpa, don't have a logical reason why but Ohio State seems to struggle with crap teams here and there. The commentators just said that neither team has entered the redzone in the Purdue-Sparty game, it's in the 4th quarter..... :confucius

Safe to say we no longer have to fear the RENEWED AND IMPROVED MICHIGAN STATE OFFENSE

I was thinking that also grandpa, don't have a logical reason why but Ohio State seems to struggle with crap teams here and there. The commentators just said that neither team has entered the redzone in the Purdue-Sparty game, it's in the 4th quarter..... :confucius

Safe to say we no longer have to fear the RENEWED AND IMPROVED MICHIGAN STATE OFFENSE

Easy now. So it took them 51 minutes to score on offense, at home, on a trick play, against Purdue, they are to be feared!

Easy now. So it took them 51 minutes to score on offense, at home, on a trick play, against Purdue, they are to be feared!

When we put up a lot of points against a bad team, it's expected except that we should have scored more if not for the coaches letting up or calling stupid plays. When someone else puts up a lot of points against a bad team, it's because their offense is really coming around. Everyone knows this.

• Fire 1

When we put up a lot of points against a bad team, it's expected except that we should have scored more if not for the coaches letting up or calling stupid plays. When someone else puts up a lot of points against a bad team, it's because their offense is really coming around. Everyone knows this.

Bingo! Merica!