Our Division - who has the inside track now

TGHusker

I think NU has a reasonable chance of running the table... no one in the division looks overly good. No one on the schedule looks ominous. But... the Big House is always tough and MSU could be tough too. Neither are that good... but both will be hungry. So... no reason to think NU can't win out. I think they can. They might not... but the schedule is way easy and set up for success.

The thing about Michigan State's offense and our defense is, both played well the last couple of weeks against terrible opponents. I still want to see what our defense does against a good offense before calling us the favorite for the division.

Sparty played a decent defense today and their offense came crashing back down to earth. Will our defense give up another 500 yards against Northwestern or Michigan? That's the big question.

Little off topic, but still not sold with our defense. Stanford is shutting out UCLA in the 3rd quarter, a team we surrendered 41 points too.

Back on topic, right now i think we are the top teAm in the division. however, I think the offenses of michigan, NW, and PSU will give us trouble. If we get pass those 3 we'll be good. Iowa could get interesting, that's a game we will have to win through the air, their front 7 is top 3 in the B1G. Not worried about msu or minnesota.

Little off topic, but still not sold with our defense. Stanford is shutting out UCLA in the 3rd quarter, a team we surrendered 41 points too.

If you are looking to equate our defense to Stanford's, I doubt you get much argument. We showed what we could do against UCLA in the first half, just couldn't keep it up. What aren't you sold on? You think the team right now is the performing at the same level as the team in the second half against UCLA? I don't know what to tell you.

Michigan is getting lit up by Indiana, Wolverine is only winning because the Hoosier defense is just as atrocious. Jeremy Gallon of Michigan has 369 receiving yards, a new Big Ten record.

True. I really want to beat Michigan more than anyone on our schedule and they are very beatable. I'm still snake bit though from the last few years of losing winnable games. MSU will tell us a lot. Minnesota will be another practice in my opinion. The meat of the schedule is fast approaching.