Top wins in Beaver Stadium history

http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/penn-state-football-the-top-10-wins-in-beaver-stadium-history,1397497/

I'm guessing this will irk Husker fans just as much as it irks me .

Got me thinking about what I think are the 10 best wins in Ohio Stadium's history(please add your schools top 10 if you can)

In no particular order and I'm sure I'm missing a bunch

2006. The Game. #1 OSU vs #2 TSUN 42-39

1985. #8 OSU vs #1 Iowa 22-13

2002. The Game. #2 OSU vs #12 TSUN 14-9

1972. The Game. #9 OSU vs #3 TSUN. 14-11

2009. #10 OSU vs #15 Iowa. 27-24 OT

1995. #7 OSU vs #15 Notre Dame 45-26

1968 The Game. #2 OSU vs #4 TSUN. 50-14

2011. OSU vs #12 Wisconsin. 33-29

1988. OSU vs #7 LSU. 36-33

1993. #16 OSU vs #12 UW. 21-12

1. Penn State 27, Nebraska 24; Sept. 25, 1982 – The Drive, The Catch (by McCloskey), PSU was ranked No. 8, Nebraska No. 2. Without this win, Penn State would have never won its first national championship, since it then had to absorb a loss to Alabama the very next week and hold on for a 10-1 regular season record.

So the no. 1 biggest win in Penn State history was the result of perhaps the worst call in the history of college football?

I guess the Penn State folks were able to pretend they didn't see that one either. :facepalm:

1. Penn State 27, Nebraska 24; Sept. 25, 1982 – The Drive, The Catch (by McCloskey), PSU was ranked No. 8, Nebraska No. 2. Without this win, Penn State would have never won its first national championship, since it then had to absorb a loss to Alabama the very next week and hold on for a 10-1 regular season record.

So the no. 1 biggest win in Penn State history was the result of perhaps the worst call in the history of college football?

I guess the Penn State folks were able to pretend they didn't see that one either. :facepalm:

No sh#t. They refer to that horrible call as "The Catch"? What a joke.

Best win for me was 1992 on Halloween night tied in the polls at #8 with Colorado. Game is on ESPN and we killed them 52-7. I think Calvin Jones scored on the first play and it was over from there.

Had replay been allowed back then, it would have showed Jones let go of the ball at the 1 yard line so it would have been a fumble and touchback.

Also, he would have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct because he took his helmet off in the end zone after the TD.

Ah. The good ol' days.

• Fire 1

Best win for me was 1992 on Halloween night tied in the polls at #8 with Colorado. Game is on ESPN and we killed them 52-7. I think Calvin Jones scored on the first play and it was over from there.

Had replay been allowed back then, it would have showed Jones let go of the ball at the 1 yard line so it would have been a fumble and touchback.

Also, he would have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct because he took his helmet off in the end zone after the TD.

Ah. The good ol' days.

+1. That was my first game I went to.

Colorado fumbled the opening kickoff, pinning them deep to start. Travis Hill intercepted the 1st play of the game. Calvin Scored on a plunge a few plays later. it went back and forth trading punts throughout the 1st quarter. Calvin scored on a 40+ yard run on the 1st or second play of the 2nd quarter when he let go of the ball early. That's when the flood gates opened. at 17-0, Colorado tried to get back in it with a TD followed by a 3 and out late in the half, but promptly on the first play of their ensuing drive, Travis Hill stripped Koy Detmer of the ball. This was followed by 20 yard gain by Will Shields on a the fumblerooskie. Nebraska scored a TD to end the half. It was a snowball from there. It was THE unveiling of the new 4-3 defense as Nebraska's base, and Colorado never had a chance. They tried to stick in Kordell Stewart-who was somewhat injured-for a spark, and he was hassled more than Detmer. I believe it was Trev Albers or Raemakers that said in the "Anatomy of and Era" book, that each time they played Coloraodo, they could see the fear in Stewart's eyes every play. Colorado ran into a big red buzzsaw that night, and never really had a chance. It was cold. it was wet. It was loud. And it was vintage Nebraska football. Probably my favorite game as well.