\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

I saw #33 give a mere shoulder shrug into a pulling guard on an off-tackle run by Minnesota. I saw #6 standing flat footed on that last QB keeper by Minny and then gave him a hug as he crossed the goal line. I saw a defense playing uninspired. Randle getting blown off the ball 5 yards? LBs out of position on almost every TE pass play? Pelini sticking with Martinez no matter what, even though the offense couldn't move the ball one iota? It's too bad it's not just one thing, that can hopefully be addressed and fixed. When you have a systematic break down of the whole unit, drastic changes need to be made. C'mon, Minnesota????? Really?

How can we move the ball somewhat effortlessly against our last few opponents, then when you switch to Martinez, the offense goes nowhere and yet you still stick with him?

Does Martinez know where the bodies are buried or have some dirt on Pelini that ensures no matter what he's going to play??? How embarrassing for the whole NU program. Disgusting.

See this comes from the top. I believe bo has lost interest or is just plain burnt out. I feel for him. I like Bo. He's a good coach. But it's his mess. He put together the rag tag staff of trainees. He chose to shoulder the load of being HC, DC, and teacher to the other coaches. I'd be open to him gutting his staff and staying but in reality he may just need a year off and a new start. Just hope it's not in this conference.

• Fire 1

This team looked really good the last three games. Totally different tenor today.

The way we played, I question if the team respects Martinez. 3 sacks until today!

You can credit all those to moundy. Dude blows.

In Moudy's defense, they asked him to block Minnesota's best D-lineman 1-on-1, and that's just stupid football. You don't put your newest guy on their best guy and not give him some help.

Agreed! Plus, Martinez held the ball too long at times and missed wide open receivers all day.

I saw #33 give a mere shoulder shrug into a pulling guard on an off-tackle run by Minnesota. I saw #6 standing flat footed on that last QB keeper by Minny and then gave him a hug as he crossed the goal line. I saw a defense playing uninspired. Randle getting blown off the ball 5 yards? LBs out of position on almost every TE pass play? Pelini sticking with Martinez no matter what, even though the offense couldn't move the ball one iota? It's too bad it's not just one thing, that can hopefully be addressed and fixed. When you have a systematic break down of the whole unit, drastic changes need to be made. C'mon, Minnesota????? Really?

How can we move the ball somewhat effortlessly against our last few opponents, then when you switch to Martinez, the offense goes nowhere and yet you still stick with him?

Does Martinez know where the bodies are buried or have some dirt on Pelini that ensures no matter what he's going to play??? How embarrassing for the whole NU program. Disgusting.

See this comes from the top. I believe bo has lost interest or is just plain burnt out. I feel for him. I like Bo. He's a good coach. But it's his mess. He put together the rag tag staff of trainees. He chose to shoulder the load of being HC, DC, and teacher to the other coaches. I'd be open to him gutting his staff and staying but in reality he may just need a year off and a new start. Just hope it's not in this conference.

That is very well put, and I wouldn't want the wrath of Bo after a year or two either'

This team looked really good the last three games. Totally different tenor today.

The way we played, I question if the team respects Martinez. 3 sacks until today!

You realize Martinez played weeks 1, 2, and 3 right?

And we played like crap!

But you're talking about respect and the fact that we had only allowed 3 sacks up to this point. Do you think that it may be due to a different reason (I don't know, Spencer Long was also on the field for those games) than the team not respecting Taylor?

And we played like crap!

But you're talking about respect and the fact that we had only allowed 3 sacks up to this point. Do you think that it may be due to a different reason (I don't know, Spencer Long was also on the field for those games) than the team not respecting Taylor?

Have you ever played the game? This is like HS when you are playing on team where the QB plays because of his dad. Its tough to get up when the best players are not on the field!

And we played like crap!

Have you ever played the game? This is like HS when you are playing on team where the QB plays because of his dad. Its tough to get up when the best players are not on the field!

Do I have to play the game to understand that the sacks allowed could be due to a different reason than the QB? That's such a bullsh*t response. Spencer Long, our ALL AMERICAN offensive guard wasn't playing, and they got pressure EXACTLY where Spencer Long would have been playing.

This team seemed to play better when they felt bad that Taylor was on the bench, then when he was back starting. They played with no emotion which seems really weird considering it was his first game back after injury. If Taylor starts next game I just don't know if I will be able to stay in the stadium for another performance like todays, and I have never left a game early. Not even against 2007 A&M

And we played like crap!

Do I have to play the game to understand that the sacks allowed could be due to a different reason than the QB? That's such a bullsh*t response. Spencer Long, our ALL AMERICAN offensive guard wasn't playing, and they got pressure EXACTLY where Spencer Long would have been playing.

Yes, it hurt not to have Long, but this was MN. A lot of time he held the ball way to long! Even Lou Hotlz said NE looked better with Amstrong! We simply quit!

Even Lou Hotlz said NE looked better with Amstrong! We simply quit!

Lou Holtz isn't any kind of authority I'd be quoting to make my point.

And if you think the defense would have played better if Tommy Armstrong was out there, you need to double-check which side of the ball he plays on.