\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

I saw #33 give a mere shoulder shrug into a pulling guard on an off-tackle run by Minnesota. I saw #6 standing flat footed on that last QB keeper by Minny and then gave him a hug as he crossed the goal line. I saw a defense playing uninspired. Randle getting blown off the ball 5 yards? LBs out of position on almost every TE pass play? Pelini sticking with Martinez no matter what, even though the offense couldn't move the ball one iota? It's too bad it's not just one thing, that can hopefully be addressed and fixed. When you have a systematic break down of the whole unit, drastic changes need to be made. C'mon, Minnesota????? Really?

How can we move the ball somewhat effortlessly against our last few opponents, then when you switch to Martinez, the offense goes nowhere and yet you still stick with him?

Does Martinez know where the bodies are buried or have some dirt on Pelini that ensures no matter what he's going to play??? How embarrassing for the whole NU program. Disgusting.

I so hate that it's come to this. So many good off-the-field things have come from Bo Pelini...but I don't see any other recourse right now. This is with pure objectivism. It's one thing to drop a game you shouldn't every few seasons. But every dang season this happens.

But remember who the QB is for last 4 years. Than you can throw in Ankra & Randall, neither can tackle. If Bo wants to live with these starters than he might die with them.

Whatever goodwill Pelini had left, he just used the last ounce of it up in that press conference. Absolutely blamed the players 100% and took no reponsibility.

That is normal for Bo. It is too bad... but is one of many, many, many, many reasons why Bo has been and is currently unfit to coach.

Every leader... if they are a leader... will take the blame.. whether it is true or not. In this case, Bo deserves to shoulder a great deal of blame... and, if he knew what it meant to lead, should take all the blame. I'm guessing at this point that Bo has quit caring. But who knows...

Number 1 I really can not believe they wouldn't have put Armstrong in this game after the first half performance, Two how in the hell do you go away from running the ball after you march down the field in a hurry and score, three how in the world does Bo not have an answer for all the confusion on our Defense. It is crazy how bad our coaches coached this game. Absolutely unacceptable, and really have no idea how to feel about this team our staff. We need change, I just have know idea how much.

This team looked really good the last three games. Totally different tenor today.

The way we played, I question if the team respects Martinez. 3 sacks until today!

You can credit all those to moundy. Dude blows.

In Moudy's defense, they asked him to block Minnesota's best D-lineman 1-on-1, and that's just stupid football. You don't put your newest guy on their best guy and not give him some help.

• Fire 2

I can't just put my finger on what exactly we're missing.... Swagger? Confidence? Fundamentals? Preparation? Discipline? In game adjustments? I don't know....Except for maybe in game adjustments, those were the kinds of things that I thought Bo was absolutely Good For. But, We're missing those on game day. Seem to be something each week. Like, if it's confidence one week, the next we forget how to tackle. The next we don't make any adjustments. Or, often, it will be a combination of all of the above. And we seem to make mistakes spectacularly, especially in front of a national audience. Well, I guess it's another year of learning for us...another year of building for next year. Kinda feels like Deja Vu. It feels like I've felt this way the past 3 years now.

This team looked really good the last three games. Totally different tenor today.

The way we played, I question if the team respects Martinez. 3 sacks until today!

You can credit all those to moundy. Dude blows.

In Moudy's defense, they asked him to block Minnesota's best D-lineman 1-on-1, and that's just stupid football. You don't put your newest guy on their best guy and not give him some help.

Yeah that was just one of the many coaching fails today. Like I said earlier Completely unreal they don't learn from their many mistakes.