\\ Official Minnesota Game Discussion Thread //

knapplc

You know what I'm finding the most telling about the current state of our program? Where's all the outrage? Yeah there's some posts and new topics being started but the epic meltdown isn't what it used to be. We've become complacent as well.

LOL I just told my wife the same thing after she asked how the meltdown was going. I would say that is a bad sign for the staff because the enthusiasm has left the fan base. Man, I hate this and don't want to go through another coach rebuilding the program. I think I will go kick the dog and go to bed now

You know what I'm finding the most telling about the current state of our program? Where's all the outrage? Yeah there's some posts and new topics being started but the epic meltdown isn't what it used to be. We've become complacent as well.

I don't know if we've become complacent. Certainly this isn't the first time we've had to deal with a loss like this, so we're more used to it by now (which is a problem in its own right).

I think most of us realize that these pie-in-the-sky "I want _________ as our new head coach" threads are balderdash and we're tired of them.

I don't know if we've become complacent. Certainly this isn't the first time we've had to deal with a loss like this, so we're more used to it by now (which is a problem in its own right).

I think most of us realize that these pie-in-the-sky "I want _________ as our new head coach" threads are balderdash and we're tired of them.

Point taken. Maybe complacent isn't the word but I wasn't surprised by the outcome. Purdue game proved nothing to me. We know what these players are capable of. Why aren't they motivated to perform?

Even Lou Hotlz said NE looked better with Amstrong! We simply quit!

Lou Holtz isn't any kind of authority I'd be quoting to make my point.

And if you think the defense would have played better if Tommy Armstrong was out there, you need to double-check which side of the ball he plays on.

Really???? You can't be serious can you? Did you not watch the last three games? The whole team was upbeat and having fun. The Offense was making plays and giving the D time to rest and adjust. And in making these plays on Offense also gets the D pumped up.

I saw #33 give a mere shoulder shrug into a pulling guard on an off-tackle run by Minnesota. I saw #6 standing flat footed on that last QB keeper by Minny and then gave him a hug as he crossed the goal line. I saw a defense playing uninspired. Randle getting blown off the ball 5 yards? LBs out of position on almost every TE pass play? Pelini sticking with Martinez no matter what, even though the offense couldn't move the ball one iota? It's too bad it's not just one thing, that can hopefully be addressed and fixed. When you have a systematic break down of the whole unit, drastic changes need to be made. C'mon, Minnesota????? Really? How can we move the ball somewhat effortlessly against our last few opponents, then when you switch to Martinez, the offense goes nowhere and yet you still stick with him? Does Martinez know where the bodies are buried or have some dirt on Pelini that ensures no matter what he's going to play??? How embarrassing for the whole NU program. Disgusting.
See this comes from the top. I believe bo has lost interest or is just plain burnt out. I feel for him. I like Bo. He's a good coach. But it's his mess. He put together the rag tag staff of trainees. He chose to shoulder the load of being HC, DC, and teacher to the other coaches. I'd be open to him gutting his staff and staying but in reality he may just need a year off and a new start. Just hope it's not in this conference.

To be honest I'd have to agree 100% that Bo has kind of just thrown it in... Kind of like preparing for an exam or an interview. He has put everything that he can into it, but when it comes down to crunch time he just can't cut it. Blame it on staff, or whoever, surrounds Bo and the team, but I feel like he's exhausted all efforts. it's like taking the ACT or SAT three times and getting the same score, but for whatever reason you think the fourth time is going to be an improvemant and different....NO. Think he's a good coach but just everything around him has let him down and that is on him, and time is pretty much up. If change to the staff was going to happen it should have happened a while ago...now it's just a little too late. Kind of sad, because I really did like Bo and his intensity and everything he brought to the table. But in his own words, he executed poorly.

It's the same old stuff, starts with Bo whose simply not fit to be a head coach and was a poor selection. That manifests in playing an ineffective running QB who can only rush for 5 total yards while being unable to complete anything downfield. Meanwhile the rookie QB for MN, who looked pretty slow to me, runs for 55 yards, passes for 152 and accounts for 3 TDs.

Yes the defense had a bad day, but they were hung out to dry by our grand total of 328 yards on offense and paltry 139 yards passing. We are placed in the position of Abdullah having to single handedly win the game on offense. Guess we found out how that would work yet again, eerily similar to the UCLA meltdown but longer and more drawn out after the 10-0 lead.

And if you think the defense would have played better if Tommy Armstrong was out there, you need to double-check which side of the ball he plays on.

Really???? You can't be serious can you? Did you not watch the last three games? The whole team was upbeat and having fun. The Offense was making plays and giving the D time to rest and adjust. And in making these plays on Offense also gets the D pumped up.

And Martinez was hanging receivers out. How many times did we get hit hard because of throwing in coverage or a pass thrown behind or short. These guys know who the best option is for this team to win and its not TM. It's simple, watch how they play.

And Martinez was hanging receivers out. How many times did we get hit hard because of throwing in coverage or a pass thrown behind or short. These guys know who the best option is for this team to win and its not TM. It's simple, watch how they play.

I am 100% serious. And I did watch those games, and no, the team wasn't having any more "fun" with Armstrong out there than with Martinez. The TV people even commented on it in one game, how flat the team was on the sidelines. It's absurd to keep parroting this notion that Armstrong is going to magically make the defense play better.

The offense was making plays against crap opponents. We also lost Long in our last game, which has had a massive impact on our O Line.

And this nonsense about Martinez hanging receivers out - did you not watch the Purdue game? We lost Burtch to injury on a poorly-thrown ball, and Armstrong was all over the place, mostly missing high and making our WRs go up in coverage to try to pull the balls down.

I get that some people have a bug up their ass about Martinez, but these arguments are baseless. Just say you don't like the guy and be done with it.

TM is a microcosm for BP. I believe TM was sent to us to help BP lose his job. BP says in the the postgame conference TM was not the problem. Wow he's confused. This is not old school smash mouth football where we are going to win games 21-7. The game has changed. If you don't have a confident and effective leader at QB, all is lost.

Fate may be on our side here. Once we went up 10-0, Bo got confused and scrapped his alleged plan to play more than one QB, if that was ever true. He thought that TM was playing well enough, and since the D was letting down he could not see past that.

Good for Bo, please take that act somewhere else it's time.

I am 100% serious. And I did watch those games, and no, the team wasn't having any more "fun" with Armstrong out there than with Martinez. The TV people even commented on it in one game, how flat the team was on the sidelines. It's absurd to keep parroting this notion that Armstrong is going to magically make the defense play better.

The offense was making plays against crap opponents. We also lost Long in our last game, which has had a massive impact on our O Line.

And this nonsense about Martinez hanging receivers out - did you not watch the Purdue game? We lost Burtch to injury on a poorly-thrown ball, and Armstrong was all over the place, mostly missing high and making our WRs go up in coverage to try to pull the balls down.

I get that some people have a bug up their ass about Martinez, but these arguments are baseless. Just say you don't like the guy and be done with it.

Wow ! Tommy is a Freshman and has one bad game! TM is a Sr. and this has been happening for 4 years. The kid can run, but he can not throw. You and Bo need to take off the blinders.

I have nothing against TM but have hated his game since 2011. He's awful and was ineffective yet again today. You can't win with such poor QB play. I am pretty sure we have two other guys that could have played equally bad, and perhaps a little better. One of them is a 5th year senior, the other has 3 year's eligibility left. Those are the points you seem to be missing.

Most people aren't capable of being a CEO. BP and TM clearly are two such people.

Don't remember who it was but Ron of TA also got Carter knocked out for a serious as well. It has more to do with the routes we run than the throws the QBs are making, we bring guys over the middle quite a bit against some teams.

Wow ! Tommy is a Freshman and has one bad game! TM is a Sr. and this has been happening for 4 years. The kid can run, but he can not throw. You and Bo need to take off the blinders.

I was going to comment but after reading this all I have to say is Exactly