Vincent Valentine

zoogs

@dirkchatelain

Vincent Valentine hadn't practiced as well as Curry/Randle. That's why he barely played.

Yikes, that's interesting. When did VV stop being the best player on our DL? I'm only asking because I thought that's what he was and it wasn't even close. That has to be the most confusing non-injury scratch I've seen in a long time.

Classic nose removal in order to bring anger to ones face.....

At this point I'm honestly baffled. I've heard of "winning the right way" but sabotaging your team to prove a point no one cares about and will ultimately involve you moving your family and making less money after the move is insanity.

@dirkchatelain

Vincent Valentine hadn't practiced as well as Curry/Randle. That's why he barely played.

Tom-Brady-frustrated.gif

sorry, but I don't get the faith in Randle. He really hasn't been a factor all year long. If we are having a youth movement then play collins and let him learn on the job. If he gets pushed out of place a few plays it will be the same as having Randle in there getting pushed around the whole game

@dirkchatelain

Yikes, that's interesting. When did VV stop being the best player on our DL? I'm only asking because I thought that's what he was and it wasn't even close. That has to be the most confusing non-injury scratch I've seen in a long time.

VV ran down a RB all the way on the sideline last game, very impressive for a 330 pound DL! I guess we can just chalk this up as yet another baffling personnel decision by the coaching staff.

@dirkchatelain

VV ran down a RB all the way on the sideline last game, very impressive for a 330 pound DL! I guess we can just chalk this up as yet another baffling personnel decision by the coaching staff.

Exactly! So he's not a practice player. Who gives a rat's ass? I could see where sluffing off in practice would keep a guy from starting, but VV did not play one down today. WTF? Put the guy in for a series or two. Maybe he'll spark the defense. Or at least keep the Gophers from gaining 8 yards up the middle on 1st down. Like they did all day long.

It pisses me off that we didn't see Valentine in there today. At least some of the time.

@dirkchatelain

But I'm told that there's no such thing as the Bo Pelini doghouse...

If he was anything other than hurt this is amother nail for Bo. Randle was owned the entire game.

Yeah, I don't watch the games closely enough to know if this is true, but people have been saying this about Randle the entire year. It's not the first time.

If a bad week of practice is all it takes to send one of the team's stalwart defenders to the bench, what's it going to take for a guy who's been soundly beaten in every single game of the year?

And, keep in mind, apparently all of the defensive personnel decisions and gametime substitutions, are Bo's call. Beck gives his assistants some free reign on his side of the ball; Bo doesn't.