Hypothetical

One bad season isn't going to cost Bo his job. I think he will be told to make changes, and will given one or two more years.

We are now heading into the meat of the schedule. Northwestern despite the 4 consecutive losses will be a toss up next week. ( I will go to that one.) I'd run the jet sweep about 25 times if I were them. We can't stop it. It's like a mentally challenged defensive coordinator trying to solve a rubik's cube.

Michigan, PSU, Mich. St. and even Iowa look like losses. Yes, it looks like a bad year beyond my worst expectations. From an unbiased perspective you might get him another year, but honestly with the blowouts, losses to weak teams and the audio tape he will be gone unless he wins at least 8 games. Even then its pretty sketchy.

One bad season isn't going to cost Bo his job. I think he will be told to make changes, and will given one or two more years.

We are now heading into the meat of the schedule. Northwestern despite the 4 consecutive losses will be a toss up next week. ( I will go to that one.) I'd run the jet sweep about 25 times if I were them. We can't stop it. It's like a mentally challenged defensive coordinator trying to solve a rubik's cube.

Michigan, PSU, Mich. St. and even Iowa look like losses. Yes, it looks like a bad year beyond my worst expectations. From an unbiased perspective you might get him another year, but honestly with the blowouts, losses to weak teams and the audio tape he will be gone unless he wins at least 8 games. Even then its pretty sketchy.

we will be in a dog fight in the rest of our games, except for a very banged up NW...

our defensive line plays like little girls.

Bo is all but gone. Look, we're going to go 3-2 or 2-3 to finish it out, leaving us at 8-4 or 7-5 in a year when we had a 4th year starting QB, an explosive offense full of big-time weapons, and a young defense supposedly lead by a defensive guru. And we'll be doing it against possibly the weakest schedule Nebraska has played in the past half century. It's simply not acceptable.

It's funny but last year I wasn't looking forward to this year and this year? Hehe. I'm not excited at all or looking forward to next year either. Rinse, repeat. The only, only thing that will get me excited about this team again will be a new coach and hopefully someone that will make me feel like this program is going forward again and not meandering in mediocrity and going sideways.

Bo is all but gone. Look, we're going to go 3-2 or 2-3 to finish it out, leaving us at 8-4 or 7-5 in a year when we had a 4th year starting QB, an explosive offense full of big-time weapons, and a young defense supposedly lead by a defensive guru. And we'll be doing it against possibly the weakest schedule Nebraska has played in the past half century. It's simply not acceptable.

It's funny but last year I wasn't looking forward to this year and this year? Hehe. I'm not excited at all or looking forward to next year either. Rinse, repeat. The only, only thing that will get me excited about this team again will be a new coach and hopefully someone that will make me feel like this program is going forward again and not meandering in mediocrity and going sideways.

exactly..next year is not even on the map.

I'm looking forward to next year, and have been since before this year started. Tommy Armstrong with some game experience leading an offense with Ameer, Imani, Newby & Taylor, Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner and Westerkampstache on the edge, Cethan Carter at TE, and hopefully a pretty decent O Line. That's an offense I can get really excited about.

On defense we will have had a year's worth of experience under the belts of our young players, but we have guys like Zaire Anderson, Jonathon Rose, RG44, Curry, Moss, Valentine, and several other guys whose names I'm forgetting, at LB and in the secondary (someone help me out).

Yeah, I felt pretty good about the offense this year, so maybe this is a pipe dream, but I think we'll be even better next year.

This team has talented players. We can not only compete in the Big Ten but excel. The baffling thing about these guys is they seem to have no fire, they seem not to care.

We get a real rah-rah type motivating coach who gets these kids to play fundamentally sound football for 60 minutes, and this is a scary team.

It's just becoming more and more clear Bo isn't that guy.

Beck will have a couple gamers at qb who should fit what he wants to do next year...I think that will play into any decision made by the donors of substance. I expect to see SOMETHING done with the defensive coaching staff, not sure what, but something. They're already addressing what they perceive is a recruiting deficiency, although I'm not sure how that will work if we can't recruit Texas,Okie, and the Missouri Tigers are on fire?? Do BIG territory kids want to come here? Holtz seems to think so. I don't see it as our current players being terrible but more as a depth problem...we appear to be thinning in areas and maybe it's just me but there seem to be a bunch of guys playing with minor injuries....although only the NSA, players, and staff know the truth about that.

I don't see Bo getting fired this year, but this is flummoxing....I'm flummoxed. I had hoped this year we might have the kind of DB's we had in 2010,that's the most flummoxing of all.

19 run plays and 30 passes. Amer, Imani and Newby should each be getting 7 to 15 carries. 30 passes with Martinez as the QB is just plain crazy and asking for disaster. Beck needs to put his house up for sale and start looking for a high school coaching job. With the afore mentioned RB's back next year the one thing this team doesn't need is a pass happy OC. Oh and he can take our strength and conditioning coach with him, I'm totally convinced that you could find someone who could do a better job at any Curves in the country. T_O_B

Beck will have a couple gamers at qb who should fit what he wants to do next year...I think that will play into any decision made by the donors of substance. I expect to see SOMETHING done with the defensive coaching staff, not sure what, but something. They're already addressing what they perceive is a recruiting deficiency, although I'm not sure how that will work if we can't recruit Texas,Okie, and the Missouri Tigers are on fire?? Do BIG territory kids want to come here? Holtz seems to think so. I don't see it as our current players being terrible but more as a depth problem...we appear to be thinning in areas and maybe it's just me but there seem to be a bunch of guys playing with minor injuries....although only the NSA, players, and staff know the truth about that.

I don't see Bo getting fired this year, but this is flummoxing....I'm flummoxed. I had hoped this year we might have the kind of DB's we had in 2010,that's the most flummoxing of all.

I see the defensive problem nearly 100% caused by coaching. How many times does Bo have to face the same blueprint before he figures out how to stop it? Minny did nothing that hasn't been to Bo's teams before, and Bo did nothing.

I'm almost resigned to the fact that we're going to lose @ Mich and @ PSU. Meaning we somehow have to beat Sparty at home and not choke against Iowa or Northwestern. In order to get to 8 wins. 8-5 probably the ceiling boys

Bo likes to surprise us. Six wins in a row last year, losing to Minny this year. I expect another blowout loss, and a win against either Michigan or Sparty.

The only way we beat sparty is if their offense completely tanks, which is possible, but they've got a decent running back. I'd hand it to him 60 times if I was lined up across from us. The wheels are about to completely fall off for the rest of this season. This team is soft and doesn't have the psyche to deal with these issues. They're too busy feeling sorry for themselves to dig deep and use this as motivation. I hope they prove me wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

I don't think the players believe in the scheme anymore and are getting pissed off about it. There was a reason VV didn't play yesterday.

I'm looking forward to next year, and have been since before this year started. Tommy Armstrong with some game experience leading an offense with Ameer, Imani, Newby & Taylor, Kenny Bell, Jamal Turner and Westerkampstache on the edge, Cethan Carter at TE, and hopefully a pretty decent O Line. That's an offense I can get really excited about.

On defense we will have had a year's worth of experience under the belts of our young players, but we have guys like Zaire Anderson, Jonathon Rose, RG44, Curry, Moss, Valentine, and several other guys whose names I'm forgetting, at LB and in the secondary (someone help me out).

Yeah, I felt pretty good about the offense this year, so maybe this is a pipe dream, but I think we'll be even better next year.

This team has talented players. We can not only compete in the Big Ten but excel. The baffling thing about these guys is they seem to have no fire, they seem not to care.

We get a real rah-rah type motivating coach who gets these kids to play fundamentally sound football for 60 minutes, and this is a scary team.

It's just becoming more and more clear Bo isn't that guy.

I really think if we had the above this year, youth or not, we would be scary. The crazy this with the "fundamentals" is that these kids have been playing football for years. It is not like we have a team of kids who have never played. I have never seen a team more error prone in the basics ie tackling, penalties, ball security than those fielded by Bo. It is insane.

With the talent we have, actually tackling, not fumbling and avoiding stupid penalties, we stand a chance to be really good if not great. Especially this year with the easy schedule, home games and two byes. We are now closer to a bottom feeder than a contender. Teams are lining up to play us...............