The "We're Behind You Bo!" thread

There are a lot of Pelini threads/coaching threads on HB right now but can we have a single thread for those who are in support of Bo Pelini and this team? We all know he has made mistakes, he has work to do, we're in year 6 with him. But instead of bashing him, hoping for the worst... let's get behind him and show our support! Bo can get his team back and only he can do it. If it means naming TA/Kellogg as starters for the rest of the year, so be it. If it means scrapping ideas, tossing out schemes and dialing up more blitzes, simplifying the defense even more, WHATEVER it takes, we're behind you 100%.

As for the players, nobody takes a loss worse than you guys. We know it's tough, we as fans endured the Callahan era, so believe US, we know what it's like to be at the bottom of the barrel as fans. There are few who will stand behind you, behind this program, behind our coach. This year we have had a few distractions but let's forget that. You can still accomplish great things this year. Your coach challenged you last year to win out and you did it... but now our fanbase asks you to do more, win out and WIN the B1G conference for our program. A man himself can be great... there are 5 games left on this schedule to move in the right direction let's make it happen. We need leaders on the team just because you don't have a C on your jersey doesn't mean you can't be great, doesn't mean you can't stand up and fight for your program.

I'm behind the team all the way no matter what happens so let's take care of NW and take one game at a time and the big picture will paint itself at the end of the year. The players can only control themselves and nothing else right now. What better way to shut the critics up by winning the rest of our games! I sincerely hope Bo and this team can rise above all the negativity right now and climb their way out of the pits it takes A LOT of character and heart to do it. So I challenge every single player on the team if you have a heart, let's put it out on that football field for the rest of the year and this great fan base will continue to support you guys through the the rest of the season!

Any HB posters here that are in support of Bo and this team, please reply and show your support!

• Fire 4

There are a lot of Pelini threads/coaching threads on HB right now but can we have a single thread for those who are in support of Bo Pelini and this team? We all know he has made mistakes, he has work to do, we're in year 6 with him. But instead of bashing him, hoping for the worst... let's get behind him and show our support! Bo can get his team back and only he can do it. If it means naming TA/Kellogg as starters for the rest of the year, so be it. If it means scrapping ideas, tossing out schemes and dialing up more blitzes, simplifying the defense even more, WHATEVER it takes, we're behind you 100%.

As for the players, nobody takes a loss worse than you guys. We know it's tough, we as fans endured the Callahan era, so believe US, we know what it's like to be at the bottom of the barrel as fans. There are few who will stand behind you, behind this program, behind our coach. This year we have had a few distractions but let's forget that. You can still accomplish great things this year. Your coach challenged you last year to win out and you did it... but now our fanbase asks you to do more, win out and WIN the B1G conference for our program. A man himself can be great... there are 5 games left on this schedule to move in the right direction let's make it happen. We need leaders on the team just because you don't have a C on your jersey doesn't mean you can't be great, doesn't mean you can't stand up and fight for your program.

I'm behind the team all the way no matter what happens so let's take care of NW and take one game at a time and the big picture will paint itself at the end of the year. The players can only control themselves and nothing else right now. What better way to shut the critics up by winning the rest of our games! I sincerely hope Bo and this team can rise above all the negativity right now and climb their way out of the pits it takes A LOT of character and heart to do it. So I challenge every single player on the team if you have a heart, let's put it out on that football field for the rest of the year and this great fan base will continue to support you guys through the the rest of the season!

Any HB posters here that are in support of Bo and this team, please reply and show your support!

I don't think any of us hope for the worst, at least I would hope not. We are just tired of seeing this team continue to underperform, and we are sick of the head scratching decisions Bo makes. Trust me I'd love Bo to right this ship and turn us from a national laughing stock to a national contender, but I've seen this show too many times. It's time for a change.

• Fire 2

There are a portion of Bo haters, a group that is Pro-Bo, but I think the majority of us just want the team to have it's proverbial sh*t together, and win games that they are supposed to.

It's obvious the defense is a wreck, specifically the run defense. And it seems that the offense somehow lets itself be affected by the defensive failures, because when our D is sh*tting the bed, why is it that Beck goes full Watson, instead of doing something to try and help the defense (sustain a drive, not go 3 and out, etc).

I appreciate Bo for him resurrecting what was the graveyard that was the Clownahan regime. And the fact that there were glimpses of hope in his first 3 years, which now plenty of people have seemed to forget. For every good point, the haters are quick to bring up a bad point, which Bo needs to rectify, or his time here could be short.

• Fire 2

I don't think any of us hope for the worst, at least I would hope not. We are just tired of seeing this team continue to underperform, and we are sick of the head scratching decisions Bo makes. Trust me I'd love Bo to right this ship and turn us from a national laughing stock to a national contender, but I've seen this show too many times. It's time for a change.

It ain't over til' it's over. There are still games remaining that can be won. Why throw in the towel now? That's not what this team needs right now and I don't see Bo encouraging his players to do that. If we give up now, we become every single fan base out there. We'll soon become the Philadelphia Eagles of CFB. If we can applaud our opponents, why can't our fans simply support the team after a loss? Maybe the biggest thing we can do as fans is be as loud as ever for Northwestern and make a statement that we're behind this team through and through.

• Fire 1

There are a portion of Bo haters, a group that is Pro-Bo, but I think the majority of us just want the team to have it's proverbial sh*t together, and win games that they are supposed to.

It's obvious the defense is a wreck, specifically the run defense. And it seems that the offense somehow lets itself be affected by the defensive failures, because when our D is sh*tting the bed, why is it that Beck goes full Watson, instead of doing something to try and help the defense (sustain a drive, not go 3 and out, etc).

I appreciate Bo for him resurrecting what was the graveyard that was the Clownahan regime. And the fact that there were glimpses of hope in his first 3 years, which now plenty of people have seemed to forget. For every good point, the haters are quick to bring up a bad point, which Bo needs to rectify, or his time here could be short.

This sums it up perfectly.

I like Bo Pelini. I want him to succeed. But it gets to a point where you have to weigh the future of the program versus the future of his coaching career.

we just lost to the gophers. say that out loud. most of us are disappointed, some of us are upset. but I don't think it suprises any one. Bo is in over his head. his staff is in over their heads. our team cant get up for games. theres some big issues here and it all starts with Bo. we just lost to the gophers.

Well said. I'm not nearly as pissed about these types of losses anymore because i expect them. Obviously it was a terrible loss and it's ridiculous what this program has become. We can't have this happening at Nebraska. It's pretty sad when I don't even enjoy the games as much as I have in the past. I'm a die hard, and support this program through thick and thin, but i'm not going to go to another game this year. It was Minnesota for God's sake. Michigan only beat them by 30.

I still support Bo. But he needs to start winning. Right now, starting with NW. If he loses to NW, he might be done, no matter what happens the rest of the season. He's past the point where he can just show up and be competitive and have that be acceptable. He must make the big ten championship game and then he will earn some leeway back.

Even though I don't have much reason to be confident in this particular Husker squad, I do feel confident that the team will respond well next week. One characteristic of the Pelini era is the team seems to respond VERY well when the world is against them. Everyone - fans, announcers, pundits (even those not associated with Nebraska like Mark May) - think Pelini and his team are in big trouble. This is the time when Pelini and his team decide to show up (see: 09 after Iowa State, 10 after Texas, 12 after Ohio State).

EZ-E-I think folks on here can still support the current coaching staff and players for the rest of the season while also believing that this head coach is not the one to lead us into the future. We're fans and have the right to look to the future and weigh in on what we think is best.

I never said you couldn't. Was replying to the OP and showing support.

It's over. Colorado 2001 was like a cataclysmic disaster of sorts in terms of how we spoke about it and the lasting tremors it sent through our program. I can remember people talking about that game like the final whistle had just blown six, seven years after the fact.

Well, last year we got the KSU Matt Turman Playbook thrown at us in the CCG on national television and we literally got beaten like we were a kids Pee Wee team who'd just met up with 100 coked up Lawrence Phillips clones on a gravel road in Calcutta. The term "ugly" doesn't even begin to touch on how badly we got embarrassed.

Colorado 2001 was a pretty damn solid CFB team. Won the conference title. In place of more traditional markings, the Buffaloes had the final score from that grim day in Boulder etched onto their rings.

Wisconsin won that game and the conference mantle and rapidly went ahead wrapping up an 8-6 season that saw their head coach depart for (supposedly) greener pastures. There were no specialized rings. In NE, a lot of shrugs stood in place of anger, frustration, all those laments that a stunned fanbase often displays.

Because none of us were stunned. In almost all of us, some part of our mind muttered "Pfff. Of COURSE."

That is the state of NU football. An epic dismantling of almost historical proportions is just kinda...murmured over.

Bo Pelini is not the man for the job of making Nebraska football a program that demands an annual spot in the perennial "who can win it all" discussion. I have finally lost the ability to see glints of silver buried on slabs of slag. It's an ugly gray mound, and that's all it'll ever be under Bo Pelini's bumbling attempts at leadership.

I wish the man the very best. Somewhere else. Go Broncos.

Aw hell...and Go Big Red.

• Fire 7