Im disgusted

Redux

Yes the outcome was horrendous but I'm more disgusted with the remarks being made about our head coach and starting quarterback. It is absolutely astonishing to see people throw Taylor under the bus for playing pretty decent after a month of rehabing. Then we wonder why the players play with no intensity? Could it be because the media and fans neutered our coach for coaching with intensity. Maddening.

Ill admit, this loss is on the coaches AND the players. It hurts. It was the final blow to what couldve been a soecial season. Although we were asking alot from players who are realistically still overwhelmed by starting duties for the first time. And the Spencer Long loss was devastating.

I hereby turn in my claim to be among the greatest fans in college football. There are still a select few of us that dont want to do bodily harm to our coach or QB. Im all for opinions but the slander and libel Ive seen and heard over the last 24 hours is disgusting. Unless we finish the year with a losing record, I hope Bo will stick around next year to see this thing out. Good luck coach, lets take Northwestern down a peg. Go Big Red.

• Fire 7

I am sickened by the way we call players out, and that included this board. I am not so disturbed by the way Pelini is talked about. If you were a recruit and happened to peruse this board trying to make the biggest decision of your life, what would you think?

I know I would think the "Greatest Fans" moniker was all b.s. You are damn right, the bashing is in no way helpful. If the fans are to be Nebraskas biggest asset, we beed to steo up and remember what class is all about.

I am sickened by the way we call players out, and that included this board. I am not so disturbed by the way Pelini is talked about. If you were a recruit and happened to peruse this board trying to make the biggest decision of your life, what would you think?

Every school as a message board and they all do the same things. Shaggy Bevo will crucify players yet that doesn't seem to effect their recruiting at all.

Every school as a message board and they all do the same things. Shaggy Bevo will crucify players yet that doesn't seem to effect their recruiting at all.

we're having trouble landing kids.

'The Greatest Fans In College Football' were the greatest fans...before the internet. Now, you can go on a drunken rampage after a bad loss and say whatever the hell you want. I'll throw myself under the bus on that one in the past. But I truly believe that most Husker fans support the players. Who cares about the coaches, they get paid huge money, and if they f up, it's on them for not recruiting/coaching/developing. It's NOT ON THE PLAYERS. If they're not playing well enough, it's on the coaches to bench them and find someone that will.

And for the record, twitter just needs to rot in hell, at least from an amateur player standpoint. It allows absolutely anyone to poison the mind of these athletes. These are NOT just a few Husker fans. These are opponents' fans and trolls out to try to dismantle people's lives, and that ain't right.

• Fire 1

Somehow managing to prevent your players from using Twitter and reading the internets would be best (though impossible). Let the fans say what they want to the players' faces and see what happens. Assault charges are pretty easily swept under the rug, especially when it's deserved. And nearly everyone on the internet is too much of a pu&&y to say 99.9% of what they post to a player's face.