***Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread***

Soft soft defense. I mean physically. Hit the weight room boys......you get pushed around pretty easily.

They're way too high almost all the time, they need to tackle lower and not be so damn quick to stand right up on the line.

Boy are you right on the money with that comment. Consistent poor tackling goes back to how it is being coached. Their aiming point needs to be lower, and they have to drive through the ball carrier with their hips. This is simple...fundamental...football, and we are greatly lacking in even being proficient in this area.

Agree completely, and this may also help with knocking the ball lose more often.

The injury looks severe on the NW player. the hit didn't look that bad. I hope he is OK.

I know it comes down to play calling and x's and o's, but it seems everyone calls for the young studs to come in every year and play to get the talent on the field. (Well we got it) To me this is what comes with doing that... you just have to hope for a stop and that they can recover and grow. We literally have no leadership with everyone being so young and a D coordinator who shouldn't be there. We can scream all we want and call for heads, but I don't see the point. I am not happy either but really it isn't going to be a week that fixes things, it is going to be a year of learning...and I've accepted that. In the sixth year to do that it could get interesting, but what else is the head man to do...really?

Get that sack and its a punt. Thats not coaching ppl, thats execution

Strength and Conditioning is a part of "coaching"

How did that play have anything to do with S&C?

I tried to respond to the post that said the defensive gem the first series "wasn't coaching"

Please tell me how coaching had anything to do with that ONE play where if we would have made the tackle we get the ball back? Thats execution plain and simple

Your guys have to be fundamentally sound

Say what you will about Carl's tenure as DC, but his linemen could at least sniff out the line of scrimmage and attack it accordingly.

Our 2013 defensive linemen, for whatever reason, can't handle a blow and, while excited, lack any sort of focus.