0-13

Saunders

You should have titled this thread "Not to crap on everyone's day, but..."

Yes, NU has played a bad schedule so far. NU is a very average team, but the rest of the schedule is average too. Michigan and Brady Hoke might be the most overrate program the past 3 years. Michigan State has a great D, but their offense is still not good. I am not promising 2 NU wins, but NU has a decent chance.

Most would label me a sunshine kinda of guy, but I'm just not seeing it. We got stupid lucky against a bad NW team, and we don't have a QB that would start for a top 25 team.

I was just gonna say...this from Saunders? Naw, someone hacked his account...

Yes, NU has played a bad schedule so far. NU is a very average team, but the rest of the schedule is average too. Michigan and Brady Hoke might be the most overrate program the past 3 years. Michigan State has a great D, but their offense is still not good. I am not promising 2 NU wins, but NU has a decent chance.

Most would label me a sunshine kinda of guy, but I'm just not seeing it. We got stupid lucky against a bad NW team, and we don't have a QB that would start for a top 25 team.

I was just gonna say...this from Saunders? Naw, someone hacked his account...

:ahhhhhhhh

I disagree. TA would start for other Top 25 teams...but their OC would tailor the playcalling to TA's strengths better than what Beck has done to date.

Again, give the kid some high percentage passes, along with the option mix (diamond, anyone?), and use sweeps and motion to neutralize the opponent stacking the box with 8+ players (like NW did all second half). It's a lot easier said than done, but how many times will Beck go downfield on first down and kill a drive before he gets that it just isn't happening with TA yet?

Northwestern took Ohio St to the brink. We'll be fine.

At least based on the logic here.

Like was said. It's why you play the games.

So by using the transitive property of opponent play theory, we'll win the B1G Title and go to the Rose Bowl, right? :)

The combined conference record of our 3 Big Ten wins.

And, we're missing our starting QB, 2 guards, 2 of the top 3 WR's, and TE. The next 2 weeks are going to be brutal. I could see us getting shut out by MSU.

Look at the bright side, if not for a miraculous Hail Mary your thread title would be: "1-12"

:lol:

• Fire 6

And, we're missing our starting QB, 2 guards, 2 of the top 3 WR's, and TE. The next 2 weeks are going to be brutal. I could see us getting shut out by MSU.

Look at the bright side, if not for a miraculous Hail Mary your thread title would be: "1-12"

Ha....

In no way am I trying to take away from Saturday. It was an amazing (and stupidly lucky) win. I just have a terrible feeling about our next 2 games. :(

Ha....

In no way am I trying to take away from Saturday. It was an amazing (and stupidly lucky) win. I just have a terrible feeling about our next 2 games. :(

Yeah, I do too. Unless we step up out game considerably these next two games are gonna be brutal. Maybe the next four.

Any given Saturday gents. Stuff gets crazy, people get injured, a hail mary gets complete. Yeah, our team is hurt and we're wildly inconsistent. Again, this is what happens when you play as many young guys as we're playing. Where are we seeing the consistency? From the guys that are juniors and seniors. If you didn't drink the koolaid that deeply, you entered this season knowing that the schedule was favorable but that this team was young and would make mistakes.

Well we've seen the good and the bad. If the good shows up, it'll be fun, if the bad shows up it won't. The games are winnable. I'm gonna support the team one way or the other. You could easily look at who the 0-13 teams played and be like omg their opponents were too good.

I won't argue that we could lose any game left on the schedule.

I will simply ask how many laughed at Pelini when he said we needed to win out last year? How likely did that appear at the time. You just never know. We will have to play well, but there isn't any game in the next four that it would really be that much of a surprise if we won.

We are going to need everything we have to take on Michigan. Michigan State, if this defense continues on its current trajectory, I could see us handling their offense. I wouldn't be surprised if we win out this month or if we lose out (pre-Iowa. Gotta win that one obviously. It's Iowa). You're right, saunders, this team is not in great shape right now. But as long as we put up good, solid fights, I'm happy.

We have three QBs that would start for MSU and Wisconsin.