Coaching change is inevitable, better to plan for the future now

Taking a step out of the weeds it seems logical to think that Pelini will be gone either after 2013 or 2014 whether it’s the University’s decision or his own. Pain and bad blood has built up over the years on both sides of the fence. Pelini will either be let go or he’ll leave for another gig. The scenarios I see:

1) Nebraska finishes with 4-5 losses this year and next. The University will feel the pain in terms of donor contributions and will part ways with Pelini.

2) Nebraska gets to the conference championship game and is competitive and continues the momentum in 2014. At this point Pelini’s stock rises and he leaves for another gig, even if it’s a job that may be perceived in lesser terms than the Nebraska job.

What I really don’t see is a scenario where Pelini stays longer term. His demeanor this year is of a man that seems beaten down, he’s rarely looked happy even in the good moments. Let’s not kid ourselves, he’s acting like a guy that probably would welcome a fresh start somewhere else.

• Fire 3

He is going to stay. We saw something we really haven't seen him do here, ask the players what they think will work and they played great. He usually is stubborn and thinks his scheme will work this year. I think last game is the spark that this team has been missing the past couple years.

He is going to stay. We saw something we really haven't seen him do here, ask the players what they think will work and they played great. He usually is stubborn and thinks his scheme will work this year. I think last game is the spark that this team has been missing the past couple years.

He is changing? Unacceptable, Fire Bo!

• Fire 1

My division boss told me they were sitting on the east side, bout 2 rows up and Bo was right in front of them back at the benches preaching to some defensive guys, and that there were a couple fans yelling obscenitiies (f#*k you Bo! Shut your mouth Bo!) at Bo. He said on a couple instances Bo looked up right at the guys. It's gotta be tough for a guy like that that wears his heart on his sleeve to not let that stuff get to him and not retaliate. You have to imagine it just builds and builds on him.

• Fire 2
My division boss told me they were sitting on the east side, bout 2 rows up and Bo was right in front of them back at the benches preaching to some defensive guys, and that there were a couple fans yelling obscenitiies (f#*k you Bo! Shut your mouth Bo!) at Bo. He said on a couple instances Bo looked up right at the guys. It's gotta be tough for a guy like that that wears his heart on his sleeve to not let that stuff get to him and not retaliate. You have to imagine it just builds and builds on him.

Now that right there is f'ing pathetic. Dickless pricks.

Now that right there is f'ing pathetic. Dickless pricks.

Ive heard stuff like that before from just one person out of a whole section. Takes a lot of balls I guess when you know the guy cant do anything about it. Every section in that stadium has one unfortunately.

What do these pricks think they are helping? Don't they think their words might be over heard by recruits on the side lines?

Someone should have called security. If they were drunk and doing that, they would probably be asked to leave.

• Fire 1

He is changing? Unacceptable, Fire Bo!

• Fire 2

What do these pricks think they are helping? Don't they think their words might be over heard by recruits on the side lines?

Someone should have called security. If they were drunk and doing that, they would probably be asked to leave.

I'm surprised that the fans at the game didn't shut them up. I know I would have had some choice words for them.

• Fire 2