** What did we learn **

My son asked why I shouted, "NO!!!" when TA tossed it forward like that..

I'm still not sure if I was conditioned to seeing Taylor fumble in similar situations or that I forgot Forward Laterals are now legal...Which makes me want to google..When did forward laterals become legal?

It only would have been illegal if TA was past the line of scrimmage. Technically, it was a pass.

Yep same concept as a shovel or Utah pass.

hate on me, but a mostly healthy TMart is by far our best qback.

No hate, but a polite disagree. While TA definitely made some poor throws, I think he was every bit as good for us at TM. For every poor throw he made, we've seen TM make the same and I think TA is actually a better run for picking up a short, tough yards. He isn't the homerun threat, but at this point, I'm not sure even a healthy TM is either. And in my opinion, TM never is patient enough on that last option to make that toss to Ameer. I don't know, but I just like how our offense looks with TA back there.

TA had some smart plays, but that last TD was more luck then skill, IMO. It was pure playground/scap ball. I am not sure about either's option ability. It worked pretty darn well today, but I got to say it was scary to watch. We do not have the O-line to run the option with any sense of reliability. It helped that UM's D is bad

I will respect your opinion, but I disagree with almost everything you said.

No hate, but a polite disagree. While TA definitely made some poor throws, I think he was every bit as good for us at TM. For every poor throw he made, we've seen TM make the same and I think TA is actually a better run for picking up a short, tough yards. He isn't the homerun threat, but at this point, I'm not sure even a healthy TM is either. And in my opinion, TM never is patient enough on that last option to make that toss to Ameer. I don't know, but I just like how our offense looks with TA back there.

TA had some smart plays, but that last TD was more luck then skill, IMO. It was pure playground/scap ball. I am not sure about either's option ability. It worked pretty darn well today, but I got to say it was scary to watch. We do not have the O-line to run the option with any sense of reliability. It helped that UM's D is bad

I will respect your opinion, but I disagree with almost everything you said.

and I respect your respect

Tim Beck just can't win. For weeks the offense is too cute, he goes away from what works (only with the running game), and is trying to do too much. Now he's predictable and not creative enough. He's not perfect, nor is any OC in the nation, but give him some credit that he's able to dial up a drive when we really need it.

1. TA and Alex Henery must be related; both have ice running through their veins. Completely unfazed by the Big House.

2. The D. Just outstanding for 4 quarters. Bo always said execute and read your keys; here are the results when they do that.

3. Special teams need to improve.

4. Offense needs to get healthy. They played great all things considered but we can't afford much more.

5. Who said we didn't know how to make adjustments?

Off topic- Anybody know how many close games/comebacks Bo has had at Nebraska?

I went with games where we trailed at halftime. During his tenure not including the interim game he coached:

Baylor W 32-20, Trailed 20-17 at half

Colorado W 40-31, Trailed 31-27 entering fourth quarter

Clemson W 26-21, Trailed 14-3 at half

Missouri W 27-12, Trailed 12-0 entering fourth quarter

Iowa State W 31-30 OT, Trailed 10-7 at half

Fresno State W 42-29, Trailed 17-14 at half

Ohio State W 34-27, Trailed 20-6 at half

Wisconsin W 30-27, Trailed 20-10 at half

Northwestern W 29-28, Trailed 21-16 entering fourth quarter

Michigan State W 28-24, Trailed 17-14 entering fourth quarter

Penn State W 32-23, Trailed 20-6 at half

Iowa W 13-3, Trailed 7-3 at halftime

Northwestern W 27-24, Trailed 21-14 entering half

Michigan W 17-13, Trailed 13-10 in fourth quarter

Close Games decided by single digits

2008 2-2

Virginia Tech L 35-30

Texas Tech L 37-31 OT

Colorado W 40-31

Clemson W 26-21

2009 2-2

Virginia Tech L 16-15

Iowa State L 9-7

Oklahoma W 10-3

Colorado W 28-20

2010 1-3

Texas L 13-10

Iowa State W 31-30 OT

Texas A&M L 9-6

Oklahoma L 23-20

2011 1-2

Ohio State W 34-27

Northwestern L 28-25

Penn State L 17-14

2012 5-1

UCLA L 30-36

Wisconsin W 30-27

Northwestern W 29-28

Michigan State W 28-24

Penn State W 32-23

Iowa W 13-7

2013 3-0

Wyoming W 37-34

Northwestern W 27-24

Michigan W 17-14

Combined 14-10

We have won 8 straight games decided by single digits.

tommy is going to be better... but not even close right now.

Oh ya, TA's upside is far greater than Tmart's ever was but he has to experience those learning bumps along the way. Honestly a few weeks ago I though we were just playing to build for next year, but a hail mary and a wacky double fake-option-lateral TD changed that.

• Fire 1

Tim Beck just can't win. For weeks the offense is too cute, he goes away from what works (only with the running game), and is trying to do too much. Now he's predictable and not creative enough. He's not perfect, nor is any OC in the nation, but give him some credit that he's able to dial up a drive when we really need it.

I thought Beck was fine today for the most part

I thought Beck was fine today for the most part

I really thought that other than the 3rd and four play where TA tried to throw down the left sideline he called a really good game. I thought that was four down territory, but if he completes that pass because the defense is looking for a run, everyone hails it as a great call. And none of us really know where the ball was supposed to go on that play.

• Fire 1

That when players execute the system it looks pretty damn nice.

RG is the real deal. He makes those around him better.

Leroy Alexander can open field tackle.

Ciante, if allowed to blitz all year, would be a higher ranked NFL player.

Burtch cab block his a$$ off.

Do we have any more guys to rotate on OL?

Thad had the best game of his career. He was not letting go of Gardner for nothing on that sack.

We ended the second longest home win streak in FBS.

Beck did fine today for the most part. He still abandons the run too quickly. I swear, every time we are in a tight situation, he goes to shotgun. 3rd and 2 from the 5, shotgun pass. 2nd and goal from the 5, shotgun pass. Makes no sense.

The offensive line did a good job today of opening running lanes. Why go away from the run if you don't absolutely have to. There is no reason for the offense to sputter this badly, regardless of the amount of devastating injuries we've had.