Are We All Finally Ready to be all "N" with Armstrong?!?

Where there is room for criticism for TA is his knowledge of the playbook I feel. Too many times over the past few weeks has he thrown to a WR that is running a completely different route.

Those are misreads, not lack of knowledge of the playbook. If Quincy sees a safety over the top, he is supposed to cut the route off at X yards. If no safety over the top, he is supposed to continue running a go-route. It's just the QB and receiver not seeing the same thing.

Where there is room for criticism for TA is his knowledge of the playbook I feel. Too many times over the past few weeks has he thrown to a WR that is running a completely different route.

At least he's throwing it where nobody can get it when that happens.

He's going to be good, and the poise he showed yesterday to lead that 75 yard GW drive was a thing of beauty.

Yes.

Those are misreads, not lack of knowledge of the playbook. If Quincy sees a safety over the top, he is supposed to cut the route off at X yards. If no safety over the top, he is supposed to continue running a go-route. It's just the QB and receiver not seeing the same thing.

You are probably right. Haven't watched it a second time to see if there was a safety over the top or if there wasn't. Have you and if so, was it QE or TA in the wrong?

The thing that impresses me most about Armstrong is something that won't always be depicted on a stat sheet. His ability to make good decisions and pitches on option plays. Even when the defense has it sniffed out, he'll be patient and make a play if there's one to be made.

I agree here. We've had a lot of success attacking defenses at the boundaries with the speed option.

This may not be of popular opinion, but, while I'm impressed with his leadership ability and poise, Tommy's actual qbing skills are pretty poor. Arm strength, mechanics, savvy...all seem to be lacking. Even for a freshman. I am very much looking forward to seeing Stanton next year. And would go with Taylor if he is 75 % or better.

This may not be of popular opinion, but, while I'm impressed with his leadership ability and poise, Tommy's actual qbing skills are pretty poor. Arm strength, mechanics, savvy...all seem to be lacking. Even for a freshman. I am very much looking forward to seeing Stanton next year. And would go with Taylor if he is 75 % or better.

Did you not see the Minnesota game? I love TM, but let the guy heal for goodness sake.

Did you not see the Minnesota game? I love TM, but let the guy heal for goodness sake.

Of course.Taylor seemed to be way less than 75% for that one though.

Of course.Taylor seemed to be way less than 75% for that one though.

What don't you like about his arm strength, he has the strongest arm on the team. Just because he doesn't throw a rocket every time doesn't mean he doesn't have it in him to throw. His movement in the pocket is really good, although sometimes he throws off his back foot with pressure in his face. But he only did that twice in the Michigan game, so that is steady improvement for his 5th start and shows he is learning quickly. What exactly don't you like about his mechanics, they are solid and have and will get better as he has shown each game.

And both can and will be effective, but if you're unhappy with Tommy, yet looking forward to Johnny Stanton, that tells me you have never seen Stanton throw a football. His mechanics resemble 2010 Taylor Martinez. That is not to say he can't win the job and be effective, but the things you're mentioning, Tommy is FAR superior to Johnny.

So let me get this straight. You've been watching TMart for the past 4 years and you're being critical of the arm strength, mechanics and savvy of Armstrong?

Get the f#*k out.

• Fire 6

The one thing I noticed different between TA and TM is that TA will get in a players face. Did anyone notice after Qvuale got his false start, TA got in his face and said something. I think the players respect TA for this and that is why it seems like there is a different mindset or appearance when they play with TA in.

Exactly. He's a leader. This is not a discussion on experience and skillset. In that regard. obviously a healthy Martinez is better. But this is about intangible qualities. Qualities that have been a knock on Taylor since game 1-in 2010. This is nothing new that was brought up out of the blue to suddenly support Tommy now. it's been hammered over and over and over over the course of the past 4 seasons. A qb is the leader of the TEAM. Not just the offense. I've seen Tommy on the sidelines with defenders even talking. After the goaline stand against Northwestern he was on the sideline pattin the defense for savin his ass. There's just more to it than points, yards, touchdowns, and 40-yard times.

I'm with you on this. It makes me think of all the times we heard post game comments from TM about "my offense" and what not, when it should always be "my team"!!! I like that Armstrong has a level of accountability (no pun intended!) that he holds all facets of the team to. It's about a high standard of excellence that is required to gain respect. And he really does come off as someone that forces you to earn that respect.....regardless of whatever role on the team.

I sure hope it's just the beginning of a mindset change on the whole team......regardless of who is playing whatever position.

Earlier in the year TA said next year he would be running the show. I wonder if Bo is rotating TA with RK to send a message that he will not be given the starting job next year?

Tommy will certainly feel pushed by Stanton and hopefully Darlington can fully recover during his tenure. That depth and competition is great for the future of the position.