Are We All Finally Ready to be all "N" with Armstrong?!?

to me, the best thing about TA taking over is that he is getting valuable experience for next year. Had TM not gotten injured, they would have never taken him out in conference play and TA would have been behind in maturity in 2014.

while he is still making some mistakes, that is normal for most young qb's. I think we are seeing him mature as a player right before our eyes. One example is that he really didn't have a pass sail on him yesterday. His first few games he had several that sailed over wide open receivers. By season's end he is really going to impress us with his execution.

With Taylor having 2 broken toes (not turf toe), something with his off shoulder, hippointer, and abdominal strain, we better be all in with Tommy, cuz he's our guy from here on out. The Taylor era is over. And I know I'm gonna catch hell for this again, but i'm gonna stand by this. Tommy's presence on the field continues to inspire the whole team. There's just something there. Leadership? I dont know. But he's bringing some sort of intangible to the table that Taylor couldnt offer this season. It's not coincidental anymore that all phases seem to play with a bit more attitude and swagger with Tommy at the helm. It's a straight up pattern. We can talk about the offense's issues all we want, but let's just call it what it is. Outside of Ameer, it's our 2nd string O. And they battled and made due today in front of 110,000 opposing fans and put together the one drive when we had to.

I appreciate everything Taylor has done. I really do. And I know some will try to paint me as a sudden Taylor-hater which I'm not. But i'm just calling it as I see. He's just not the best qb on the team anymore if he's not absolutely, completely 100%. And the fact of the matter is, he's not gonna be this year. Tommy took a huge step this afternoon. A huge stride. I just dont see how the chemistry and confidence and continuity of this team can be disrupted at any point anymore. It's time to roll with it.

BAM! Well said. +1

The one thing I noticed different between TA and TM is that TA will get in a players face. Did anyone notice after Qvuale got his false start, TA got in his face and said something. I think the players respect TA for this and that is why it seems like there is a different mindset or appearance when they play with TA in.

The O was doing very well until we lost the first linemen for the day in the 2Q. It took time to get going the coaches moved linemen around to get movement again in the run game. I feel sorry for TM last year in all, he's been a good QB for us, his play won a number of games and if he is 100% he still NU best QB at this point.

I think our success has more to do with the focus on Abdullah than any of the quarterbacks. It looks like Martinez is done for the year. Should RKIII play? Kind of tough to shut him out now....glad I don't have to decide. Both Armstrong and Kellogg have had stretches where they struggled mightily.....I'd just play the hot hand and forget the system, I guess.

Good comments, I was thinking in terms of how to manage the two (healthy) QB rotation going forward rather than inciting the side debate that followed (wow). I hope we'll see the "hot hand" approach, I think this staff tries to script things out a bit too much as evidenced by a tendency to appear outcoached during games, even when it comes to simple adjustments.

I think for going on ten years now I've been saying attack on defense and run more option, LOL.

Yeah, and the same goes for the way we insert certain running backs and they always run a certain type of play. We need to be less predictable. Going by the same script all the time actually makes it harder for guys like Cross and Newby to shine and less scoring means guys like Frazier don't even get in the game (which greatly pisses me off.)

Now that I think about it, is Kellogg capable of throwing a shovel pass to Abdullah? I think so. Can he throw a slant to Bell? I think so. The choice of plays has a heck of a lot to do with our perception of either qb. The game where Beck was calling all Cosby passes for Armstrong, he looked like total crap. Give him high percentage choices and he looks like Peyton Manning. I give the edge to Tommy in the run game, that's about it.

The one thing I noticed different between TA and TM is that TA will get in a players face. Did anyone notice after Qvuale got his false start, TA got in his face and said something. I think the players respect TA for this and that is why it seems like there is a different mindset or appearance when they play with TA in.

Exactly. He's a leader. This is not a discussion on experience and skillset. In that regard. obviously a healthy Martinez is better. But this is about intangible qualities. Qualities that have been a knock on Taylor since game 1-in 2010. This is nothing new that was brought up out of the blue to suddenly support Tommy now. it's been hammered over and over and over over the course of the past 4 seasons. A qb is the leader of the TEAM. Not just the offense. I've seen Tommy on the sidelines with defenders even talking. After the goaline stand against Northwestern he was on the sideline pattin the defense for savin his ass. There's just more to it than points, yards, touchdowns, and 40-yard times.

Having 2 qbs means the opposing team needs to plan for 2 different quarterbacks.

Old football adage: When you have 2 QBs, you have 0 QBs.

Tell that to Devaney: Tagge/Bronson. Tell that to Osborne: Frazier/Berringer

Berringer was a very good backup, but Frazier was clearly the #1 guy. Berringer did a great job of keeping the Huskers on track for the NC in 1994, but let's not act the offense just kept on humming after Frazier went down in '94. Go back and check some of the scores/stats of the games after Frazier went down. NU rode LP and the Blackshirts to Miami.

Stats and scores are irrelevant. I want to see W vs L. Brook was successful in the only stat column that matters. Who cares if it was the LP and Blackshirts show. Berringer was a #1 QB, just not in our offensive style at that time. As a side note, Berringer would have been Highly drafted. Where was Tommie?

The play that really stood out to me was one the final drive. With about 5 1/2 minutes left we were on our 49, TA stood in the pocket for four seconds, kind of pumped, then threw a 12 twelve yard strike to Bell for the first down. What really stood out to me was the poise and patience in the pocket. TA really throws a nice, catchable ball. His option pitches can make you hold your breath though, good thing Ameer is really good at looking those all the way in to his hands.

• Fire 1

I think our success has more to do with the focus on Abdullah than any of the quarterbacks. It looks like Martinez is done for the year. Should RKIII play? Kind of tough to shut him out now....glad I don't have to decide. Both Armstrong and Kellogg have had stretches where they struggled mightily.....I'd just play the hot hand and forget the system, I guess.

Good comments, I was thinking in terms of how to manage the two (healthy) QB rotation going forward rather than inciting the side debate that followed (wow). I hope we'll see the "hot hand" approach, I think this staff tries to script things out a bit too much as evidenced by a tendency to appear outcoached during games, even when it comes to simple adjustments.

I think for going on ten years now I've been saying attack on defense and run more option, LOL.

Yeah, and the same goes for the way we insert certain running backs and they always run a certain type of play. We need to be less predictable. Going by the same script all the time actually makes it harder for guys like Cross and Newby to shine and less scoring means guys like Frazier don't even get in the game (which greatly pisses me off.)

Now that I think about it, is Kellogg capable of throwing a shovel pass to Abdullah? I think so. Can he throw a slant to Bell? I think so. The choice of plays has a heck of a lot to do with our perception of either qb. The game where Beck was calling all Cosby passes for Armstrong, he looked like total crap. Give him high percentage choices and he looks like Peyton Manning. I give the edge to Tommy in the run game, that's about it.

And in defense of Beck, that game was already in the bag and seeing what your guy can do was the right thing for that time. You have to judge each qb's performance relative to what they were faced with at the time. 3 picks in a blowout where your OC is experimenting with new things is much different than throwing one when the game is on the line....but that seems to be lost on some of the board statisticians.

Where there is room for criticism for TA is his knowledge of the playbook I feel. Too many times over the past few weeks has he thrown to a WR that is running a completely different route.

At least he's throwing it where nobody can get it when that happens.

He's going to be good, and the poise he showed yesterday to lead that 75 yard GW drive was a thing of beauty.

• Fire 1