Hello from a Spartan

It's interesting that all of your questions are about the offense. We are pretty beat up there, and inexperienced at QB… Abdullah is pretty much 100%, but you shouldn't have any trouble holding us below 20 points this year.

On the other hand, the interesting matchup for the day will probably MSU's offense vs. Nebraska's defense. Nebraska's defense has gotten a lot better, but MSU is more committed to the power run game than Michigan or Northwestern, and their coaching staff is smart enough to do what Minnesota's staff did - use the Wisconsin tape from last year to build a game plan.

I think we're going to see the return of the jet sweep this week, and MSU's overall offensive game plan will look a lot like Wisconsin's or Minnesota's. They aren't going to go away from the run, and we'll find out just how much better Nebraska's gotten at stopping it.

It's interesting that all of your questions are about the offense. We are pretty beat up there, and inexperienced at QB… Abdullah is pretty much 100%, but you shouldn't have any trouble holding us below 20 points this year.

On the other hand, the interesting matchup for the day will probably MSU's offense vs. Nebraska's defense. Nebraska's defense has gotten a lot better, but MSU is more committed to the power run game than Michigan or Northwestern, and their coaching staff is smart enough to do what Minnesota's staff did - use the Wisconsin tape from last year to build a game plan.

I think we're going to see the return of the jet sweep this week, and MSU's overall offensive game plan will look a lot like Wisconsin's or Minnesota's. They aren't going to go away from the run, and we'll find out just how much better Nebraska's gotten at stopping it.

We've really liked the jet sweep this year after almost never using it the last two years. Lots of power run and short to intermediate passing. We loooooove shallow crossing routes on third downs.

Welcome to the board.

- I don't think we're getting any linemen back this week. Probably a week or two yet.

- Abdullah is nicked up but should be fine.

- It's either TA or Kellogg at QB. Those are the only options right now. TA will play most of the game with Kellogg likely getting a series or two.

Is it more of a 2 QB system or is it more like "if you suck you'll get pulled"?

It's more of a "if you have the hot hand you'll get pulled, but if you're struggling you'll throw it around the yard 25+ times" system.

We've really liked the jet sweep this year after almost never using it the last two years. Lots of power run and short to intermediate passing. We loooooove shallow crossing routes on third downs.

Great, more pick routes.

Great, more pick routes.

Yeah, but we've gotten some INTs off of short crosses as well. Hopefully MSU tries to put it in the air a lot against us. Defensive TD by either team could likely be the difference.

Welcome to the board. - I don't think we're getting any linemen back this week. Probably a week or two yet. - Abdullah is nicked up but should be fine. - It's either TA or Kellogg at QB. Those are the only options right now. TA will play most of the game with Kellogg likely getting a series or two.
Is it more of a 2 QB system or is it more like "if you suck you'll get pulled"?
In my opinion, I didn't disagree with going with Kellogg last game when we did. If we were going to get him a series in order for TA to be coached on the sideline at some of the things Michigan was doing defensively that was the time. Who knows? Maybe Coach Beck saw something they were doing differently than we had scouted and that was the reason we pulled him for that series.
I wouldn't mind either, but it seems every time TA gets pulled for some sideline coaching, he is much worse when he returns to the game.
  • Fire 1

Can't wait. I think they got the jet sweep figured out FINALLY, but power run is an issue. Better see McMullen, Curry, Valentine, Gregory or Moss, a lot... As for the shallow crossing routes on third downs, that scares me. I absolutely HATE Ciante matched up with slot receivers.

Can't wait. I think they got the jet sweep figured out FINALLY, but power run is an issue. Better see McMullen, Curry, Valentine, Gregory or Moss, a lot... As for the shallow crossing routes on third downs, that scares me. I absolutely HATE Ciante matched up with slot receivers.

You'll figure it out quickly. We seem to do it almost EVERY third down.