This Game is in the Bag

To be simple, I can see us winning this game and I wouldn't be shocked if we lose it. It's definitely not "in the bag". If young Tommy and this offense just make a few big plays, or at least well timed plays, this game could tilt to us though. I expect a lot from their defense, and I expect our defense to stop them as well. If we play mistake free, one big play could be the difference. I just get the feeling Enunwa might just be the guy that does it for us. I also expect to see that TE streak up the middle for a bug pass play finally.

Folks, what are you so afraid of? Look at some of MSU's "huge" wins this year:

MSU 26 Western Michigan 13

MSU 21 South Florida 6 (The same 3-6 South Florida that lost to McNeese State, 53-21)

MSU 13 Notre Dame 17 (Woops, this was a loss. The same Notre Dame that beat Michigan at Michigan by 11)

MSU 26 Iowa 14 (Nuff said)

MSU 42 Indiana 28

MSU 14 Purdue 0 (Yes, the same Purdue that we beat by 37. The same Purdue that lost to Northern Illinios 55-24)

I'm certainly not suggesting that we get lazy and presume we'll win. All I'm saying is that there is NOTHING on MSU's schedule that warrants the accolades they have been receiving. They could easily have a losing record. They are not a power at all. Sorry, we'l win, banged up offense or not.

I like to OP's positive attitude for once. Why can't we win this. Look at the schedules and the results. Both teams have played 9 games. Of that 4 teams have winning records. One out of conference MSU opponent Youngstown State still has to play SDSU and another is 1-9 (Western Michigan) to Southern Miss 0-9. Nebraska and Michigan State are very similar. The one thing they have going for them is their defense with no offense, or up and coming to be fair, too our offense and our up and coming defense. Would I put Tommy Armstrong over Connor Cook? ANYDAY. I ask only that Beck NOT throw the quick hit to the receiver on any down. Tommy can't get the ball out there fast enough and MSU's corners are too fast and probably will not be playing soft.

I'm glad you folks are confident. I would expect nothing less from a proud fan base. The Michigan week was boring, because 99% of them thought their team would lose.

Here's to a good and injury-free game!

Well unfortunately for you.....the gloves are off.

Look around at a few of the topics you'll see the impending doom MSU is destined to saunter into.

That's right. 1/900th of the people there are all but guaranteed to be WAVING TOWELS.

There might be a few more doing it too. You just won't know until gameday.

Husker fans keep you guessing that way.

• Fire 1

I like to OP's positive attitude for once. Why can't we win this. Look at the schedules and the results. Both teams have played 9 games. Of that 4 teams have winning records. One out of conference MSU opponent Youngstown State still has to play SDSU and another is 1-9 (Western Michigan) to Southern Miss 0-9. Nebraska and Michigan State are very similar. The one thing they have going for them is their defense with no offense, or up and coming to be fair, too our offense and our up and coming defense. Would I put Tommy Armstrong over Connor Cook? ANYDAY. I ask only that Beck NOT throw the quick hit to the receiver on any down. Tommy can't get the ball out there fast enough and MSU's corners are too fast and probably will not be playing soft.

TA works better in NU's offense, CC works better in MSU's offense. I don't think either of us would want to trade QBs. Nebraska needs more running ability and offensive firepower than Cook would provide. MSU just wants someone who can manage the game, and TA would be on the bench very quickly if he kept turning the ball over the way he has. Different philosophies, different skillsets.