Damn proud of this team

The huskers never quit... The fact we were -5, and that most of those turnovers gave MSU great field position, I am proud how we never seemed to hang our head....

That being said, I dont think Mark is way offf... the 5 turnovers were our own fault... we only had to show guys and heart because of our own mistakes...

At the end of this all, we lost... season is now meaningless.

We show heart, but these losses still frustrate me. It wasnt the game plan that hurt us, it was actually(cue Bo) the execution that hurt us and the fact that Cook made some very timely throws.

I feel badly for you. I could rattle off dozens and dozens of times during games this year when I've seen young men (or old boys) make plays that had me out of my seat. Win or lose, the privilege to watch and cheer for a Husker team is a highlight of any week for me.

As for today's game, I predicted a win, because I am indeed a koolaid guzzler, a homer, a blind fanatic or what have you. Have been since I sat on my Grandpa's knee listening to games in the early / mid sixties and remembering how much it meant to him for the Huskers to have a winning season! My prediction was based on what we saw today, with the exception of the five turnovers. Our offense, with a rs freshman starting his 6th game, an offensive line hampered by multiple injuries, key skill players playing with pain...and against one of the best defenses in the world of college football. And aside from the turnovers, we pretty much whipped that "special" defense. And our defense....decried by many on this board as pathetic, sucking, worthless and high-schoolish earlier in the year performed exceedingly well in the big picture.

I was frustrated by the turnovers like the next guy, but from kickoff to final gun, I truly enjoyed this game and thought it was great competition. I'm not a "next year" guy normally, but in this case, I do think the future looks bright for the Scarlet and Cream. Keep TA (make Johnny truly earn it if he can, no problem), Keep Bo, Keep Beck, Keep Paps.

I just don't understand looking at this season, or any season as "meaningless". To each his own, and I don't mean to single you out, so sorry for that. Just seemed like a good point to express my feelings.

!!!!!!!!!! GO BIG RED !!!!!!!!!!

Most of Husker Nation thought the O would be our strong suit heading into this season and it would take 6 or 8 games for the D to catch up. Well the D has caught up but unfortunately we are seeing the second string offense in the game due to injuries. For all of you saying how sick you are of coaches who can't coach, please tell me what was wrong with this game plan? You saying it is the coaches fault our second string Qb isn't Aaron Rodgers in the pocket? Did our patchwork O line move the supposedly immovable object that was the MSU D line? Certainly turnovers killed our momentum. If you don't see growth in this team, especially on D then I don't know what you are looking at because I saw it on the field all day.

• Fire 1

I'm not a Nebraska native. I moved here 13 years ago so my wife could live close to her family. In that time, I've come to love Nebraska football. One of the things that really struck a chord with me when I began to develop an interest in the team were these words on the outside of the stadium:

Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.

Good words to keep in mind while bearing witness to the heart and effort of a group of young men who are willing to fight through adversity. It's great to have high expectations, but sometimes you have to remind yourself that those expectations should be tempered by things that are more important than wins and losses.

So, yes, I was proud of those boys tonight.

Should a fan base famous for standing up and applauding the opposing teams when they leave Memorial Stadium after a hard fought loss not do the same for their own players?

• Fire 1

I'm not a Nebraska native. I moved here 13 years ago so my wife could live close to her family. In that time, I've come to love Nebraska football. One of the things that really struck a chord with me when I began to develop an interest in the team were these words on the outside of the stadium:

Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.

Good words to keep in mind while bearing witness to the heart and effort of a group of young men who are willing to fight through adversity. It's great to have high expectations, but sometimes you have to remind yourself that those expectations should be tempered by things that are more important than wins and losses.

So, yes, I was proud of those boys tonight.

Should a fan base famous for standing up and applauding the opposing teams when they leave Memorial Stadium after a hard fought loss not do the same for their own players?

No, we treat the opposition better than we treat our own.

I apologize if this thread has already been started or duplicated, but after a loss like this I was compelled to say this.

I am damn proud of this team and here's why-

We turned it over an inordinate amount of times.

YET- we were in it till the end...

We had the gameplan in place, our defense knew what they were doing. At the end of the day, our players did not make the plays. Whether that means not making the tackle (which was great btw, this defense is growing each week... WHICH I LOVE), or making the right read on offense (which we did, is it just me or could they not stop us up the middle?).

I guess the whole point of this post is that this was a great game for this team. I know we lost at home, however, this was the best team we've played all year besides UCLA. I've warned on these boards that we shouldn't take the NW and MU game to our heads as both of those teams had problems of their own.

But I am damn proud of this team. Those talking about QB change are out of their minds. If we don't turn the ball over this is a close game or we win going away.

MSU is a good team with a great defense and we proved you can move the ball on them on the ground. We just shot ourselves in the foot with the crap turnovers.

hard to argue with this.

I apologize if this thread has already been started or duplicated, but after a loss like this I was compelled to say this.

I am damn proud of this team and here's why-

We turned it over an inordinate amount of times.

YET- we were in it till the end...

We had the gameplan in place, our defense knew what they were doing. At the end of the day, our players did not make the plays. Whether that means not making the tackle (which was great btw, this defense is growing each week... WHICH I LOVE), or making the right read on offense (which we did, is it just me or could they not stop us up the middle?).

I guess the whole point of this post is that this was a great game for this team. I know we lost at home, however, this was the best team we've played all year besides UCLA. I've warned on these boards that we shouldn't take the NW and MU game to our heads as both of those teams had problems of their own.

But I am damn proud of this team. Those talking about QB change are out of their minds. If we don't turn the ball over this is a close game or we win going away.

MSU is a good team with a great defense and we proved you can move the ball on them on the ground. We just shot ourselves in the foot with the crap turnovers.

GBR!

We were clearly the better team yesterday.

Agreed. I think everyone saw a team with heart. I know we all would've loved a win, but considering the injuries, the turnovers, and the youth we have. We were in it. Always a pleasure to cheer on those kids, although sometimes it is harder than others, I will always be proud of them and am certainly looking forward to the future. GBR!