Recruiting for the QB spot?

Is Darlington a lock to redshirt next season? I would guess that.

Unless we have a lot more in the available bullpen than I realize, I feel the smart play is to take a shot at somebody - whether that's a JUCO or a transfer or an incoming freshman - to gives us another camp body and add to the competition. And also give us an extremely important layer of depth. At this point we can't say with total confidence if either TA or JSV will pan out. Both are really promising, but so are a lot of guys! From a pure numbers perspective, I feel we gotta find another scholarship QB to bring in somehow.

I would think he's a lock to redshirt - barring him being unquestionably the best we have (unlikely given how much time he's had off and the other two being around quite a bit longer) or the other two getting hurt (/knocking on every piece of wood available).

I wouldn't mind bringing someone else in as well but we're starting to get a little short on schollys and I'm not sure if we have an in with any decent prospects now - although we did check in on Flowers again from the sounds of it.

Unless we have a lot more in the available bullpen than I realize, I feel the smart play is to take a shot at somebody - whether that's a JUCO or a transfer or an incoming freshman - to gives us another camp body and add to the competition. And also give us an extremely important layer of depth. At this point we can't say with total confidence if either TA or JSV will pan out. Both are really promising, but so are a lot of guys! From a pure numbers perspective, I feel we gotta find another scholarship QB to bring in somehow.

I would think he's a lock to redshirt - barring him being unquestionably the best we have (unlikely given how much time he's had off and the other two being around quite a bit longer) or the other two getting hurt (/knocking on every piece of wood available).

I wouldn't mind bringing someone else in as well but we're starting to get a little short on schollys and I'm not sure if we have an in with any decent prospects now - although we did check in on Flowers again from the sounds of it.

Every QB with a Nebraska offer has already committed, so if we are looking, we might have to roll the dice on a JUCO or an under-the-radar HS QB (which I don't see helping our immediate QB competition next year). Flowers would be another interesting option, if Beck can get him to decommit from South Florida again.

Every QB with a Nebraska offer has already committed, so if we are looking, we might have to roll the dice on a JUCO or an under-the-radar HS QB (which I don't see helping our immediate QB competition next year). Flowers would be another interesting option, if Beck can get him to decommit from South Florida again.

I was told I'd be surprised at who we are sitting good with and we might see another QB in the class here shortly.

I was told I'd be surprised at who we are sitting good with and we might see another QB in the class here shortly.

excited-baby.gif

• Fire 3

With the Wyoming coaching change and Brett Smith already graduated...what do you think if he made the switch? Just curious...I have no evidence saying he would do this but he could if he wanted to and he'd be eligible right away.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets contacted through channels by some teams looking for a qb.

With the Wyoming coaching change and Brett Smith already graduated...what do you think if he made the switch? Just curious...I have no evidence saying he would do this but he could if he wanted to and he'd be eligible right away.

Wouldn't surprise me if he gets contacted through channels by some teams looking for a qb.

This would be a major get!

Any idea who?

I forgot about Easton Stick. If I remember correctly, Beck told him, around the time Darlington committed, that they would consider taking two QBs this class, and to be patience. At the time, Matthew Jordon, Nico Pierce. and Quinton Flowers were suppose to be that guy, but once Darlington committed, all three seemed to cool then committed elsewhere. With Stick, I kind of see a Ron Kellogg situation, local QB walk-on that provides depth but could eventually see playing time and earn a scholarship. Beck might see things differently and give him a scholarship (it seemed possible earlier in the fall that he could have earned one).

Brett Smith would be an interesting option. One year of eligibility left, and definitely has solid passing ability, pocket presence, and can scrabble for first downs and extra yards when plays deteriorate. He does throw a number of INT though (one per game average). There have been some rumblings about whether he would go into the NFL draft, so this may be a moot point.