Recruiting for the QB spot?

We won't take another one. Darlington is our QB

Well that's f'ing idiotic then. You can't have a twice concussed qb be your qb of the year. Should we keep his offer, of course. But you get another guy. If Bo thinks like you do, he's a pea brain.

There are things you don't know. Sure, it's a risk, but that's the game and frankly, with Armstrong and Stanton already here, we can afford to take it.

We won't take another one. Darlington is our QB

Well that's f'ing idiotic then. You can't have a twice concussed qb be your qb of the year. Should we keep his offer, of course. But you get another guy. If Bo thinks like you do, he's a pea brain.

Hahahahahaha.

Darlington has a speech impediment from his concussions. The thought process of not taking one because you have Armstrong and Stanton is also silly considering both have had health issues regarding their knees. Odds are not that good on Darlington ever playing football again. So now we will sit with a Soph and Freshman QB to run our offense next season both of who have had knee problems.

• Fire 1

Darlington has a speech impediment from his concussions. The thought process of not taking one because you have Armstrong and Stanton is also silly considering both have had health issues regarding their knees. Odds are not that good on Darlington ever playing football again. So now we will sit with a Soph and Freshman QB to run our offense next season both of who have had knee problems.

Darlington is the QB in this class. Getting a JT type guy is the only thing I could see us doing.

This has already been addressed. After a redshirt year He might get contact in Spring ball. MIGHT. He probably will not get hit again until Fall 2015. If he is not better by that time then the staff will not play him. Otherwise, 18-24 months years of recovery should be plenty of time to determine if he can go or not. If you think this staff is willing to do that to a kid just to win football games I feel sorry for you. Your axe must be ground down to a nub by now...

I'm sure the university would love to put the kid at risk. Good god if he gets a concussion at NU it could permanently mess him up. Perhaps he would lose his speech etc. No way you take that chance IMO I sure as heck wouldn't put a kid in that situation.

And I'm sure the university will act in his best interests, in accordance with his coach and his father, to give him a chance to succeed at what he wants to accomplish while making sure he's capable of doing so safely.

My problem with the QBs is that we are landing guys that run first and "need time to develop" in the pass game. They are not dual threat QBs. If you can only run... that's a singular threat.

My theory is that there have been guys who better fit the dual-threat concept, but those guys are ending up at schools other than NU.

I don't know where Darlington is in his passing progress, but 18 to 24 months of sitting won't help. And I still think the book on both Armstrong and Stanton is that they need more time to develop in the throwing game.

Stanton, I believe, was nicknamed "Little Tebow" which says all you need to know about his passing skills.

Johnny Stanton was leading the Elite 11 camp after a couple days (before missing part of a day to play with his high school teammates in a 7-on-7 camp) and still made the final cut. That means he was ahead of guys like Josh Dobbs (starting at Tennessee), Jared Goff (#7 in passing yards in the country, broke Cal's single-game passing mark), Christian Hackenberg (#32 in passing yards in the country, will start against Nebraska Saturday) who made the Elite 11 along with Stanton. Others in attendance who didn't make the cut were Danny Etling (staring at Purdue) and Davis Webb (#38 in the country at Texas Tech), among many others.

I believe that should tell you much more about what kind of player he is than a nickname.

• Fire 2