Recruiting for the QB spot?

Why? Rich Fisher has produced solid WRs.

Our receivers kind of sucked in 2011 actually. Also, Quincy has been dropping balls left and right since the Purdue game.

I mean he was a high school coach before he came here. That's proof that he's not a great coach - obviously the receivers are good in spite of him, not because of him.

How do you know that?

I don't know that, and I don't think it either - I'm arguing pointless and baseless rhetoric the same way Lamarr is.

Why? Rich Fisher has produced solid WRs.

Our receivers kind of sucked in 2011 actually. Also, Quincy has been dropping balls left and right since the Purdue game.

I mean he was a high school coach before he came here. That's proof that he's not a great coach - obviously the receivers are good in spite of him, not because of him.

How do you know that?

I don't know that, and I don't think it either - I'm arguing pointless and baseless rhetoric the same way Lamarr is.

Gotcha :D.

Barney needs to go for sure.

why?

The line is already better this year in Garrisons first year. And the TEs are god awful this year. Im not to high on his coaching ability.

Those 'better' linemen are all Cotton recruits. Nice try on the swipe on Cotton though.

Who cares is they are his recruits? Garrison is the one trying to develop them. Bo did fantastic in 2009 with Callahan's recruits.

• Fire 1

Back to the QBs...

Got to say, I am simply not buying that Stanton is as good of a passer as he is a runner. The nickname means his reputation is as a tough runner, not as a passer.

If he ran like Tebow and had impressive throwing ability to go with it... he would have received higher ratings from the recruiting services. Rivals indicated he was a three star. We tried for higher rated QBs and struck out so we went for Stanton.

Now he might turn out to be a great QB. Hard to tell as we haven't seen him. But the book on him says RUNNER first and passer second.

Back to the QBs...

Got to say, I am simply not buying that Stanton is as good of a passer as he is a runner. The nickname means his reputation is as a tough runner, not as a passer.

If he ran like Tebow and had impressive throwing ability to go with it... he would have received higher ratings from the recruiting services. Rivals indicated he was a three star. We tried for higher rated QBs and struck out so we went for Stanton.

Now he might turn out to be a great QB. Hard to tell as we haven't seen him. But the book on him says RUNNER first and passer second.

Tim Tebow was a 5 star recruit - by your reverse logic, he must be an elite passer. Nevermind that you pick his lowest rating of all the services. But as long as you know that he isn't rated high because he's a bad passer and you also have informed knowledge of why he got that nickname locally living in California then I totally trust your judgment all the way man.

• Fire 2

Back to the QBs...

Cool, he was also a 4* on Scout, 247, and ESPN....way to mention that.

Back to the QBs...

Cool, he was also a 4* on Scout, 247, and ESPN....way to mention that.

Way to mention the fact that he was the QB for the #1 high school team in the nation his entire senior year. Or the fact that the 3 to 4 star ratings were low (yes, even the 4s were low) due to a torn knee that held people off.

Back to the QBs...

And know some other names that were rated as 3*'s by at least one service off the top of my head:

Johnny Manziel

Marcus Mariota

Robert Griffin III

Back to the QBs...

Tim Tebow was a 5 star recruit - by your reverse logic, he must be an elite passer. Nevermind that you pick his lowest rating of all the services. But as long as you know that he isn't rated high because he's a bad passer and you also have informed knowledge of why he got that nickname locally living in California then I totally trust your judgment all the way man.

I think someone has to annoy LandLord more often. This is post is gold.

Back to the QBs...

Who did we strike out on that forced us to take Johnny? Pretty sure he was #1 for us.