Sip - feeling like 2003

da skers

For those of you calling people "anit-bo" what we really are is pro-Nebraska. These debates are the Pro-Bo's vs the Pro-Nebraska's

Yes the pro-Nebraskans that would rather see us lose to Penn. St., Iowa, and whatever bowl game we end up in.

What is best for the long term of the program? If you feel that Pelini is hampering the program from reaching expectations you would see the need to lose to bring in someone else. If you believe Pelini is the answer than you want him to win out. It is all how you view the program and its trajectory. Personally I am of the belief that Pelini and his band of misfit toys need to leave Lincoln. However, when I watch a game I cannot and never will be able to cheer against them. But when we do lose it does not hurt like it used to because it is potentially one step closer to what I feel will make this program better in the future. Is this apathy or something else? Maybe a little of both but all these debates center around the fact that people are divided on who should lead our program. All of us are equal fans of this team

You're delusional.

Do you not remember 10 years ago? Solich never should have been fired and it killed us for a whole decade. Bo is just now getting us back on our feet. Do you have no hindsight? Chances are about 95% that firing Bo will throw away another decade.

OTOH, has Nebraska ever been rewarded for being patient with a head coach? Let's see, after Devaney had back-to-back 6-4 seasons, there were petitions distributed by "fans" like you to fire him. They were obviously wrong. In his first nine seasons, TO won 9 games 6 times and 10 wins the other three seasons. He finished the season in '90 at 1-3, including an embarrassing 45-10 blowout to an unranked team. Lots of people wanted him fired. He pretty much had people calling for his head and making jokes every season his first 20 years. They were wrong.

Bo is doing a good but maybe not great job. Yet. He's certainly doing good enough to not get fired. The WORST thing for Nebraska would be to fire another 9 win coach.

Seriously, we can't be unlucky enough to be the only school stupid enough to fire a 9 win coach and then do it again ten years later, can we???

This was covered earlier in the post. By a pretty cool guy I might add.

Many things are different now than they were ten years ago

Bo is doing a good but maybe not great job. Yet. He's certainly doing good enough to not get fired. The WORST thing for Nebraska would be to fire another 9 win coach.

Seriously, we can't be unlucky enough to be the only school stupid enough to fire a 9 win coach and then do it again ten years later, can we???

Except for the main part, where we are the only school in history to fire a 9 win coach, which lead to a near apocalypse, and now we are discussing doing it all over again.

Except for the main part, where we are the only school in history to fire a 9 win coach, which lead to a near apocalypse, and now we are discussing doing it all over again.

Ohio St. waves hi.

Ohio St. waves hi.

About that - you know the NCAA banned their coach from recruiting before they fired him, right?

Ohio St. waves hi.

They are even waving with the hand that holds the title rings they had to buy for themselves.

Ohio St. waves hi.

Jim Tressel would still be there had there been no NCAA investigation/sanctions

Ohio St. waves hi.

Jim Tressel would still be there had there been no NCAA investigation/sanctions

There have been times NUPolo has had good points. This isn't one of them.

Ohio St. waves hi.

About that - you know the NCAA banned their coach from recruiting before they fired him, right?

Maybe polo can find a school where a 9 win coach retired? Oh wait. That wouldn't refute the point either.

Ohio St. waves hi.

Maybe he can find a school where a 9 win coach retired? Oh wait. That wouldn't refute the point either.

You guy sure he isnt talking about Cooper?

Serious.