Sip - feeling like 2003

da skers

The same can be said about Bo and Nebraska. We went 5-7 in 2007, the next season we won 9 games.

The improvement from 2007-08-09 is great. But he's been here 6 years....to me he can no longer call on the Cally days as an excuse or a benchmark for his performance. He's no farther today than he was at the end of 08', and he's certainly behind the 09', 10' teams. It's gradually gotten worse each of the last 3-4 years. Whether you want him here, or want him fired - it's hard to deny the team as a whole is not progressing in the right direction at the moment.

We have ZERO special teams...how can a coach completely ignore that side of the game? I can't remember the last time we put even a marginal amount of pressure on a punter. We don't have a D that creates turnovers, we have an O that commits a ton of them. It's going to be hard to win games with those glaring deficiencies. And it's not something that's been an issue for a single season. This is a core staple of the Pelini era, things you can count on week in, and week out.

I'd say that we are much further along than we were after 08. Sure th wins are about the same, but we are much more rounded as a program now than we were then and many of Bo's younger guys are getting opportunities to play. The pieces are in place. The unfortunate part is that we got beat by a team that had no business anywhere close to us on Saturday and you can basically attribute it to a freshman QB being a freshman QB and showing immaturity.

Where Bo seems to be lacking is getting that knowledge translated onto the field.

I disagree, with 2003 Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU, and 2009-2010 Nebraska as my evidence.

Where Bo seems to be lacking is sharpening his players into mental and emotional consistency in preparation for playing football.

I disagree, with multiple lapses on defense, 6 of 10 worst defensive performances all time, multiple blowouts, players throwing their hands up looking confused, countless numbers of times hearing of talented guys not getting time due to the mental aspect of the scheme (CJ being the latest victim), countless times where either adjustments were not made or players were not able to execute it, and a Head Coach who as of the last two years has almost seemingly said himself he doesn't know why the guys aren't executing what they are coaching. If the HC says, we are teaching them and they just aren't executing it, is that not by definition something being lost in translation somewhere? It is the definition, thats rhetorical question.

I'm trying to be polite about it bud but if you want to use your positives over the last few years to counter my point, you will realize there are just as many negatives to come right back with.

CJAX isn't playing because Alexander and CC have been playing very well. Deal with it. Maybe CJAX is the next Thenarse.

Where Bo seems to be lacking is getting that knowledge translated onto the field.

I disagree, with 2003 Nebraska, Oklahoma, LSU, and 2009-2010 Nebraska as my evidence.

Where Bo seems to be lacking is sharpening his players into mental and emotional consistency in preparation for playing football.

I disagree, with multiple lapses on defense, 6 of 10 worst defensive performances all time, multiple blowouts, players throwing their hands up looking confused, countless numbers of times hearing of talented guys not getting time due to the mental aspect of the scheme (CJ being the latest victim), countless times where either adjustments were not made or players were not able to execute it, and a Head Coach who as of the last two years has almost seemingly said himself he doesn't know why the guys aren't executing what they are coaching. If the HC says, we are teaching them and they just aren't executing it, is that not by definition something being lost in translation somewhere? It is the definition, thats rhetorical question.

I'm trying to be polite about it bud but if you want to use your positives over the last few years to counter my point, you will realize there are just as many negatives to come right back with.

CJAX isn't playing because Alexander and CC have been playing very well. Deal with it. Maybe CJAX is the next Thenarse.

This is the truth. Cooper has has a really good year once he stopped trying to cover for everyone else and started doing his job

• Fire 1

This. Alexander has come on strong.

Alexander has earned the job but you are aware there was a time when he hadn't won the job right? You are aware we searched for answers all off season at the safety spot across from Coop right?

Didn't intend to derail an entire thread by mentioning one guy, a guy I specifically remember you having your panties in a wad about earlier this season EZ. Again my point is completely lost because somebody decides to pull a single sentence from the post and go with it. That's fine, it happens. I've just got to start pooping all over people's opinions more often too.

Alexander has earned the job but you are aware there was a time when he hadn't won the job right? You are aware we searched for answers all off season at the safety spot across from Coop right?

Didn't intend to derail an entire thread by mentioning one guy, a guy I specifically remember you having your panties in a wad about earlier this season EZ. Again my point is completely lost because somebody decides to pull a single sentence from the post and go with it. That's fine, it happens. I've just got to start pooping all over people's opinions more often too.

I read your post and it wasn't really anything worth responding too because it's basically the same things you usually jump to. I absolutely was all over CJAX earlier this year until Leroy decided it was his spot and not CJAX.

Unfortunately when talking about firing someone, you are talking about affecting his life, his family and his home. Being a father of two, getting fired from my job would be somewhat catastrophic, at least for a short time. I don't make the money Bo makes though either.

It's not a conversation to take lightly, but I also recognize the emotions of being a football fan. I appreciate people who are passionate about things they care about. Sometimes maybe football shouldn't be so,high on the list of things you care about, but hell, who am I to judge.

One thing is certain in my mind. Guys like me, and guys like Bo land on their feet. Bo will be fine if he leaves here. Bo has a lot of knowledge in this game. A ton. Where Bo seems to be lacking is getting that knowledge translated onto the field. Maybe some changes in his scheme, changes on his staff, or changes in his coaching methods may have helped him. I'm not saying Bo hasn't learned some things along the way, because he has, but this fan base and university is hardly the place patient enough for on the job learning. It just not the way the world is anymore in any walk of life.

The word going around is Bo and UNL have already agreed that it may be best for both parties to simply part ways at this point. Obviously I have no way of knowing the truth behind that. I know this, Bo is getting better, but he has hardly shown the willingness to make the changes that I would see as necessary at this point.

I wish him luck if he stays or goes.....I just don't want to ever see a game like I saw last Saturday ever again.

Well said.

I respect the Hell out of Bo Pelini as a man, and he'll land on his feet.

As for Bo and NU agreeing to amicably part ways........probably so. This board might get really interesting after the Iowa game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bo gets another HC job, uses the job change as an excuse to drop some poor performing assistant coaches, and ends up a much better HC.

For those of you calling people "anit-bo" what we really are is pro-Nebraska. These debates are the Pro-Bo's vs the Pro-Nebraska's

Yes the pro-Nebraskans that would rather see us lose to Penn. St., Iowa, and whatever bowl game we end up in.

What is best for the long term of the program? If you feel that Pelini is hampering the program from reaching expectations you would see the need to lose to bring in someone else. If you believe Pelini is the answer than you want him to win out. It is all how you view the program and its trajectory. Personally I am of the belief that Pelini and his band of misfit toys need to leave Lincoln. However, when I watch a game I cannot and never will be able to cheer against them. But when we do lose it does not hurt like it used to because it is potentially one step closer to what I feel will make this program better in the future. Is this apathy or something else? Maybe a little of both but all these debates center around the fact that people are divided on who should lead our program. All of us are equal fans of this team

This place turned into a circus lead by a guy that only shows up after a loss. A loss in which was actually well coached for the majority of the game.

Knapp, remember that thread about seasonal Birchers? Is this not the shining example?

Calling for my head because we disagree EZ?

Actually he is correct, you do only show up after a loss.

This place turned into a circus lead by a guy that only shows up after a loss. A loss in which was actually well coached for the majority of the game.

Knapp, remember that thread about seasonal Birchers? Is this not the shining example?

Calling for my head because we disagree EZ?

Actually he is correct, you do only show up after a loss.

Really ONLY after a loss? I recall posting during wins as well last season. Have I been gone a portion of the season this year? Sure have because I can only read so much Kool Aid before I punch my screen. I have had this stance for over a year and it has been shown in all of my posts dating back to last season. I am not a seasonal complainer